[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having issues with the witch of the woods quest. Once I talk to her, the quest doesn't update to allow me to move on from needing to talk to her. She keeps telling me to go get the boy, but I can't seem to progress for some reason..
Try talking to the dog back at the house, and then the one in the ritual circle.

Feffers

Jul 29, 2019
The dog back at the house says "Arf-arf" and the one in the circle says "Hello." The issue I'm having is that the quest isn't being triggered to go talk to him, it's stuck on talking to the witch and no matter how many times I talk to her, it never says I've completed the quest to talk to her.

My boyfriend completed the quest just fine, so I'm not really sure what's hanging me up..

And now I can't complete the other quest in town that wants me to talk to her, because she's still stuck on the dog dialog.

After a grueling quest-resetting process, we got it fixed.

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
trying to do 'the baker, the farmer and the materials' quest but I can't find Ylander, I went into the house next to the farm and there was a gravestone in there - is it possible for him to have died? and if so is there a way I can reset his spawn
In creative you can use the npc clone tool to put him back, will check the map to see if he took a vacation while I was updating.
restarted the Curse launcher. It now opens without any any problems but still no access to the customNPCs quests.
Check your memory, the last log only showed 1GB of memory allocated, this pack needs at least 3.5GB
I'm having issues with the witch of the woods quest. Once I talk to her, the quest doesn't update to allow me to move on from needing to talk to her. She keeps telling me to go get the boy, but I can't seem to progress for some reason..
You have to go back and talk to the dog/boy to progress. the text in the quest menu ("L" by default) to see where to go next.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Check your memory, the last log only showed 1GB of memory allocated, this pack needs at least 3.5GB
When I checked the memory like you suggested, I found that the launcher had returned to the defaults. Subsequent attempts to run your pack always reset the jvm arguments back to the original. I returned to FTB and raised the memory (with the slider) to 5G. It is slow but playable even though it still lags a lot.
1) How do you get the stable-master in middle earth to give you a horse? The distances on the LOTR map are more than a little deceiving.
2) Where can you find strawberries to make pie? I have looked all around the main paths and checked the farms but so far nothing. It is possible that i just missed them I suppose.
3) Is it possible to build a home in the Shire without having to worry about your base being over written?

H

HeroLiamks

I have just gotten the "They get harder" quest and now i'm at the troll boss but i cannot hit him in any way! can someone please help me!

Edit: I have tried doing everything people said to other people who asked the same thing but nothing worked for me

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
When I checked the memory like you suggested, I found that the launcher had returned to the defaults. Subsequent attempts to run your pack always reset the jvm arguments back to the original. I returned to FTB and raised the memory (with the slider) to 5G. It is slow but playable even though it still lags a lot.
1) How do you get the stable-master in middle earth to give you a horse? The distances on the LOTR map are more than a little deceiving.
2) Where can you find strawberries to make pie? I have looked all around the main paths and checked the farms but so far nothing. It is possible that i just missed them I suppose.
3) Is it possible to build a home in the Shire without having to worry about your base being over written?
1) You have to reach at least 500 faction by either following the main quest line or doing the daily quests from the job board
2) They are random world gen, just have to look around
3) Yes, typically only have to overwrite the regions on major updates or if a mod has changed id's but strongly encouraged to make your main base outside of the pregenerated regions
I have just gotten the "They get harder" quest and now i'm at the troll boss but i cannot hit him in any way! can someone please help me!

Edit: I have tried doing everything people said to other people who asked the same thing but nothing worked for me
if he can hit you but you can't hit him, the hit box is weird because he is large. If he is not aggressive, make sure you have command blocks enabled (if on a server) and then talk to elmn on the docks to fix.

H

HeroLiamks

if he can hit you but you can't hit him, the hit box is weird because he is large. If he is not aggressive, make sure you have command blocks enabled (if on a server) and then talk to elmn on the docks to fix.
I talked to Elmn and now i killed him! but now i want to start with "The investigation" but i don't know how, i have tried to talk to the dead queen but it doesn't work, please help me again.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Did you check your mail, did you actually complete the quest to talk to the priest ? (you have to kill the witch first)

H

HeroLiamks

Did you check your mail, did you actually complete the quest to talk to the priest ? (you have to kill the witch first)
I killed the witch and i completed the first part of the quest (going to the priest), when i go to a mail box i don't see any mail (maybe i have to check somewhere else)

H

HeroLiamks

You have to talk to the dead queen more than once
I cannot talk to her either, if i click on her nothing happends

Edit: I used the NPC wand on the priest to look why he didn't want to talk to me but when i clicked the cross to go out of the menu the priest changed into a random guard without a name so i just started over, i will try to get where i was and then look if it works now

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't know where the break is then. That is the part of the main quest line with the most troubleshooting done and usually the previous options are always the solution honestly.