[1.7.10] The Sky is the Limit [291 Mods] [stable] [sidequests] [alternated balancing]

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Too early to give a full rundown on the pack but one thing that's definitely bugging me is that mfr harvesters aren't harvesting agricraft crops.

Don't have the resources to make a EIO farming station (nor the power to support it), and assuming that golems will work (but haven't even started thaum), but wondering if this is just cause a mod is outdated or config not set. I play in a lot of packs with MFR and they definitely work for agricraft crops.

Also wondering why there are three maps in this pack (journeymap, voxel and opis/mapwriter)? I can understand giving the client a choice and I have disabled the other 2 I wasn't using but could explain a tiny bit why ppl are experiencing some lag.

Ore unification/enhanced biomes: I never used enhanced biomes before. Part of me thinks it's a nice change of pace but with all the variations of all the ores, it's really hard to mine early game cause of needing all those extra slots for 4 different types of iron, etc... In addition, it sort of goes against unifying what is gen'd in the world to ensure one mod's ore is only one out there and not multiple types (i.e. copper, aluminum, etc...) On the fence here I guess.

Lastly, is there any good info on chromaticraft? I've had issues in the past just understanding wtf that mod does in the first place other than kill me when I get near those cool looking glowy things... hehe

edit: Possibly it's agricraft? I just checked and the mfr in pack is same as in another pack I'm playing which does harvest agricraft on cropsticks. In other pack tho, we are running agricraft 1.3.1 and the config looks quite different as well.

Last edited:

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
Too early to give a full rundown on the pack but one thing that's definitely bugging me is that mfr harvesters aren't harvesting agricraft crops.

Don't have the resources to make a EIO farming station (nor the power to support it), and assuming that golems will work (but haven't even started thaum), but wondering if this is just cause a mod is outdated or config not set. I play in a lot of packs with MFR and they definitely work for agricraft crops.

Also wondering why there are three maps in this pack (journeymap, voxel and opis/mapwriter)? I can understand giving the client a choice and I have disabled the other 2 I wasn't using but could explain a tiny bit why ppl are experiencing some lag.

Ore unification/enhanced biomes: I never used enhanced biomes before. Part of me thinks it's a nice change of pace but with all the variations of all the ores, it's really hard to mine early game cause of needing all those extra slots for 4 different types of iron, etc... In addition, it sort of goes against unifying what is gen'd in the world to ensure one mod's ore is only one out there and not multiple types (i.e. copper, aluminum, etc...) On the fence here I guess.

Lastly, is there any good info on chromaticraft? I've had issues in the past just understanding wtf that mod does in the first place other than kill me when I get near those cool looking glowy things... hehe

edit: Possibly it's agricraft? I just checked and the mfr in pack is same as in another pack I'm playing which does harvest agricraft on cropsticks. In other pack tho, we are running agricraft 1.3.1 and the config looks quite different as well.

Agricraft: Yes seems I've missed updating it...still Version 1.2.2... most likely caused by that...I'll update it in the next modpack update (next update is planned for the end of the next week)

Minimaps: Are you playing Version 1.2.0 ? Only one minimap is active (lag is only caused if multiple maps try to render an the same position) in that Version (Voxelmap). The Jurneymap is primarily used to see where you have been already or to use it's minimap instead of Voxelmap (but still Voxelmap currently is the best minimap out there in my opinion). And Mapwriter is part of Opis and only there for one purpose: To allow the user to see what machines/chunks are causing lag if he's experiencing lag in the endgame.

Ores: Maybe you should try the OreDictionaryOreConverter mods' portable Ore Converter or the Forge Lexicon (Thermal Foundation) for the EB Ores. (If you really dislike the Ore system of EB you can change it to drop normal ores in the config (config/Enhanced Biomes/General)). ; Only one type of Copper, Aluminium, Tin etc. should be generating (It did so whilst testing and the last time I played myself).

Chromaticraft... First, there's the chromatic Lexicon that shold be explaining most things. Other than that you could watch Reikas Video about ChromatiCraft (quite old but still quite accurate). Other than that, there are some Mod showcases and tutorials on youtube but most of them only explain basisc or don't really show you what you have to do for something...

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Agricraft: Yes seems I've missed updating it...still Version 1.2.2... most likely caused by that...I'll update it in the next modpack update (next update is planned for the end of the next week)

Minimaps: Are you playing Version 1.2.0 ? Only one minimap is active (lag is only caused if multiple maps try to render an the same position) in that Version (Voxelmap). The Jurneymap is primarily used to see where you have been already or to use it's minimap instead of Voxelmap (but still Voxelmap currently is the best minimap out there in my opinion). And Mapwriter is part of Opis and only there for one purpose: To allow the user to see what machines/chunks are causing lag if he's experiencing lag in the endgame.

Ores: Maybe you should try the OreDictionaryOreConverter mods' portable Ore Converter or the Forge Lexicon (Thermal Foundation) for the EB Ores. (If you really dislike the Ore system of EB you can change it to drop normal ores in the config (config/Enhanced Biomes/General)). ; Only one type of Copper, Aluminium, Tin etc. should be generating (It did so whilst testing and the last time I played myself).

Chromaticraft... First, there's the chromatic Lexicon that shold be explaining most things. Other than that you could watch Reikas Video about ChromatiCraft (quite old but still quite accurate). Other than that, there are some Mod showcases and tutorials on youtube but most of them only explain basisc or don't really show you what you have to do for something...

Thanks so much for all the info

1) so updating agricraft would be all it'd take? I can try that myself to see if that helps but mfr support has been in agricraft since the end of it's beta so don't know why this version wouldn't allow that. I'll do that in a bit and post my results.
2) yeah, running 1.2.0 and yeah, only one is visually updating but doesn't mean that journeymap for example isn't tabulating information in the background as well.
3) even with the ore dictionaries, you still have to carry them back home I think is the issue, and yeah, other things to build, etc. that's why I said on the fence. sorta have to deal with that unless it magically changes into the main type after it's picked. Most other packs tho, they try to unify the ores and this sorta goes the opposite way.
4) I'll look into that video of reikas. so far, only use I've had with that one zapper temple is to have infernal mobs I can't kill follow me near there and let it zap them for me :)

thanks again

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks so much for all the info

1) so updating agricraft would be all it'd take? I can try that myself to see if that helps but mfr support has been in agricraft since the end of it's beta so don't know why this version wouldn't allow that. I'll do that in a bit and post my results.
2) yeah, running 1.2.0 and yeah, only one is visually updating but doesn't mean that journeymap for example isn't tabulating information in the background as well.
3) even with the ore dictionaries, you still have to carry them back home I think is the issue, and yeah, other things to build, etc. that's why I said on the fence. sorta have to deal with that unless it magically changes into the main type after it's picked. Most other packs tho, they try to unify the ores and this sorta goes the opposite way.
4) I'll look into that video of reikas. so far, only use I've had with that one zapper temple is to have infernal mobs I can't kill follow me near there and let it zap them for me :)

thanks again

1. I only said that I think it's most likely the reason-I'll have to take a better look at it to be sure of course :)
2. Yes they are tabulating data but they only cause as much (or better less) lag as running aroud with an opened Vanilla map if they don't render (there the problem is they glitch out and are rerendered every tick completely because the game is unable to correctly let things overlap in GUIs)
3. Perhaps I'll change it to drop Vanilla ores as standart...we'll see. But what I meat exactly is that the Forge lexicon and the (portable) OreConverter are portable (They are no blocks and dont have to be placed down)
4. :D I once tried to build a mobfarm based on them-it worked quite well...except that I built it so bad that the Pylons almost killed me every time I collected the loot... xD

NOSLx

Jul 29, 2019
If you press Crtl + M the configuration screen for the QuickHotbarMod opens. There you can set the Keybind to anything else (you can change what Key should be used instead of Crtl)

ahhh ok, Thank you. Also will you add EE3 in later updates and replace ProjectE or no?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
1. I only said that I think it's most likely the reason-I'll have to take a better look at it to be sure of course :)
3. Perhaps I'll change it to drop Vanilla ores as standart...we'll see. But what I meat exactly is that the Forge lexicon and the (portable) OreConverter are portable (They are no blocks and dont have to be placed down)

for agricraft, upgrading to latest caused a ctd on load. something to do with the agricraft villager. :( ahh well. wasn't trying to put words in your mouth. Most likely this might have caused your issue. btw, the crash was on loading mc, not an existing world. Guess I will have to figure out an alternative.

Didn't know the oreconverter worked in your inventory, will have to look at that. haven't used the lexicon in ages, forgot it even existed. Guess those might be able to help. I'll look into both.

Thanks again

metalim

Jul 29, 2019
That's one very heavy modpack. Are you sure about your intention?
I had to turn graphics to Fast and turn off Smooth Lighting to get playable FPS. Just starting the pack and loading the world takes more than 5 minutes from SSD.

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
That's one very heavy modpack. Are you sure about your intention?
I had to turn graphics to Fast and turn off Smooth Lighting to get playable FPS. Just starting the pack and loading the world takes more than 5 minutes from SSD.

-What's your understanding of "playable fps" ? I get 40-60 fps without problems on my PC (AMD Athlon II, NVIDIA GTX 650Ti, 8GB RAM (4 allocated to minecraft))
(assuming your hardware isn't really bad: You can try to replace FastCraft with Optifine (just take the newest Version of Ultra for MC 1.7.10)...FastCraft is doing well most of the time but on some computers it makes things worse instead of better)
-Loading time: SSDs don't make a big difference...java and fml need the time...the speed in witch data can be loaded and saved only makes minor differences...

metalim

Jul 29, 2019
-What's your understanding of "playable fps" ?
I get around 10 fps on GT650M, i7 2.6GHz, 8 GB (of 16) dedicated to MC. With lag spikes at 1 fps. Limiting chunk distance to 2 actually helped. But that's nonsense.

EDIT: you were right about Fastcraft.
Optifine helped. Got 60 FPS with 12 chunk distance and max graphics.

EDIT 2: unfortunately not for long. After playing a while, now MC gets huge client lag spikes: client freezes for 10-15 seconds, once per 2-3 minutes. Server thread still runs at that time, so after spike is over, I hear lots of sounds, that were supposed to play during those 10-15 seconds. Modifying settings doesn't help much. 12 GB is dedicated for MC.

Last edited:

Darth Crater

Jul 29, 2019
Nice pack. Just what I'd been looking for, even if it does push my PC more than most. It's rare to see kitchen sink packs with Reika's stuff integrated, too.

Bug report for 1.2.0 - The Enhanced Biomes ores aren't playing nicely with the Tinker's Construct smeltery. It won't smelt down the various types of iron I've dug up so far. I can probably work around it with an ore unifier of some sort, but it's a bit frustrating.
I get around 10 fps on GT650M, i7 2.6GHz, 8 GB (of 16) dedicated to MC. With lag spikes at 1 fps. Limiting chunk distance to 2 actually helped. But that's nonsense.

EDIT: you were right about Fastcraft.
Optifine helped. Got 60 FPS with 12 chunk distance and max graphics.

EDIT 2: unfortunately not for long. After playing a while, now MC gets huge client lag spikes: client freezes for 10-15 seconds, once per 2-3 minutes. Server thread still runs at that time, so after spike is over, I hear lots of sounds, that were supposed to play during those 10-15 seconds. Modifying settings doesn't help much. 12 GB is dedicated for MC.
12 GB is way too much memory. Those spikes are probably your garbage collector freaking out. Maybe dropping it to 4 GB or so will help?

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019

Reduce the allocated RAM to 4-6 GB ; too much RAM isn't good for performance either...

Nice pack. Just what I'd been looking for, even if it does push my PC more than most. It's rare to see kitchen sink packs with Reika's stuff integrated, too.

Bug report for 1.2.0 - The Enhanced Biomes ores aren't playing nicely with the Tinker's Construct smeltery. It won't smelt down the various types of iron I've dug up so far. I can probably work around it with an ore unifier of some sort, but it's a bit frustrating.

Kitchen Sink Pack? :eek: That sounds so negative... :( ( :D )

EB Ores: I think I'll change them to drop vanilla ores in the next Update as most people don't seem to like them... for now you can just change that in the config/EnhancedBiomes/General

Darth Crater

Jul 29, 2019
Kitchen Sink Pack? :eek: That sounds so negative... :( ( :D )

EB Ores: I think I'll change them to drop vanilla ores in the next Update as most people don't seem to like them... for now you can just change that in the config/EnhancedBiomes/General
Sorry, wasn't intended to be negative! I just meant that it's a pack with a lot of mods, and an open experience (as opposed to heavily scripted/linear). Like I said, I like that kind of thing.

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
I was just joking xD
And I really like your interpretation-the modpack is thought to be in a way everyone can set his own targets but can also "just play" :)

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this has already been answered, but i started a world with this modpack and my map was filled with meteors from ae2. Is that a bug? I mean... in each chunk there was a meteor and most were cut off by other meteors...
Im sorry if i am repeating something that somebody already said or that has been fixed.

The world i started i enable enhanced biomes, i think that was what it was called in world options.

Thank you

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this has already been answered, but i started a world with this modpack and my map was filled with meteors from ae2. Is that a bug? I mean... in each chunk there was a meteor and most were cut off by other meteors...

Euh that shouldn't happen and never happened to me before nor did anyone post about such a problem...
Does it happen every time you create a new world?

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Euh that shouldn't happen and never happened to me before nor did anyone post about such a problem...
Does it happen every time you create a new world?
Didn't try again... I had so much lag and after I saw the world I kind of gave up and shut the game down... but gona see what happens when i creat a new world

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry if i am repeating something that somebody already said or that has been fixed.

The world i started i enable enhanced biomes, i think that was what it was called in world options.

Thank you
Here's a screenshot
uploadfromtaptalk1439386433077.jpg

57ce7dd3bd3174237e51053230caa237.jpg

Game2win

Jul 29, 2019
o_O

Seems like the WorldGenerator glitched out completely...
I don't think I can do anything about this...but I haven't had this problem with the thousands of chunks generated in my worlds...

(Are the screenshots from the first generated world or from another?)