[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. . . new question. . . how can I tell what is chunk loaded? I think Dimensional Anchors had some way to tell but we don't have that anymore.
I need to know because, in the past, I have set up AE systems that have broken because chunks weren't loaded so I need some visual way to tell what is and what is not loaded so I can avoid issues with my sprawling AE system this time.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Another question - Appears to be something wrong with the Crystaline Storage quest line.

Two quests show up says they need completion of the ME Controller quest. The ME controller quest is not showing up. When I look at it in edit mode, there is bedrock in the quest.
I assume the quest line isn't finished?

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Another question - Appears to be something wrong with the Crystaline Storage quest line.

Two quests show up says they need completion of the ME Controller quest. The ME controller quest is not showing up. When I look at it in edit mode, there is bedrock in the quest.
I assume the quest line isn't finished?

I haven't played this pack in a while, but the ME Controller quest could be gated behind something else. Complete other quests and that might open it up.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
I went into the BQ book in edit mode and see that the ME Controller has you provide an ME controller but also Bedrock. Caigan may have blocked the quest for some reason.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
That pack seems pretty complete mod wise, however, if you are talking about finished quest lines, not at all finished. The finished quest lines are awesome but there seems to be more than 50 percent of the quest lines not finished yet. It is a fun pack and the reputation system is unique and fun. Just don't go into this wanting quest lines finished as they may never get there.

Z

Zaphara94

I just re-installed this pack on my server, after a short hiatus (gotta love this pack!) however, all of a sudden Twilight forest doesn't want to create the portal, or work at all for that matter... I have no idea why, I have never had this issue with this pack on a server ever before, and the files on the server are exactly the same as last server. Any ideas how to fix this issue??

UPDATE: Just tried re-downloading and installing the server files, and that still has not fixed Twilight forest.. I can't even make the portal!

UPDATE 2: I cheated in a portal block and finally got through to the twilight forest without crashing.. I set a warp there, however i hope this is only a temporary solution.

Attachments

• 2017-05-29_18.30.14.png
    2017-05-29_18.30.14.png
    262.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Z

Zaphara94

phew that was a long read, 261 pages. Lucky majority of reading was done during slow hours at work ;)

@Caigan your modpack still attracts people ^_^ and I love the freedom as a bi-tailed ferret.

It is one of the best packs out there, in my completely honest opinion! Needs an update desperately, but for the most part it is extremely well put together, stable, an very fun!

Reactions: ThorinNL

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
True that, @Zaphara94
Regrowth is an other one.

I, sort of, chickened out and made my home in a witchery village (with the walls and easy emeralds) instead of in the wilds what I use to do.
Busy starting with Botania and a beginning storage system with storage drawers ( I love these two mods).
Once in a while checking and opening the corresponding paths in the quest tablet. For the rest, not really that far progression wise. Can't even mine obsidian yet ;) Need to level up my Bronze hammer.

Reactions: Zaphara94
Z

Zaphara94

@ThorinNL I personally always start by making a 9x9 harvester-agricraft farm, cooking for blockheads kitchen items, and all of the tinkers stuff, including a 7-block tall 7x7 smeltery. I get 16 prtable tanks made and some fluid conduits to feed the smeltery. I then work on getting a Mekanism fusion reactor built, because i absolutely hate big reactors. Worst mod ever. After i get that bad boy running i get an ME system built, and then i work on thaumcraft grinding until i get my fave armour set, the kami set! Currently i have all the way up until the ME system ;3 also, if you are looking to play on a server i have a new one ^^ its online 24/7 and we have a few others that play occasionally. ^^

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers is one of the first ore duplication I build and mostly it's a 3x3 4 high, which is good enough for me. With some itemducts to port them over to the master controller from compact drawers.
Nice thing of ME is that you can integrate almost any storage system into it. That one will be build as well. Well not the version with all those channels if possible.

When Mekanism is available I go for the 3x maybe 4x ore processing.
I've never build a fusion reactor tho, solar panels and windmills (plenty of those) and the good ol' lava generators.
Big reactors, I think I played with that in an other pack. Was nice, never seen so much energy per tick.

Still have so much to do before I can switch on my world eater.

Z

Zaphara94

My end goal for the game is usually complete and total automation of everything, no matter what I have to go through to do so. Last time I was playing this pack, i was working on the automation of the Thaumcraft infusion altar, which seems impossible but it really is not, given OpenPeripherals is installed. A bit of coding (ok, a ton of coding), and it is possible, and the ME system makes it easier if you have a sub-system dedicated to just thaumcraft.

As for Mekanism's fusion reactor, i use it because it puts out anywhere from 200,000rf to 9,800,000rf per tick, depending on the injection rate. I usually run mine at an injection rate of 10, so 1mil rf/t, because its handy to have when you have multiple quarries running, a tier 5 ore processing plant, a huge ME system, including quantum rings and wireless connectors, etc. I then route all of my power from the reactor to a 7x7x7 induction cube (from Mekanism) with the elite everything inside it; so about 25 elite providers and 100 coils, so it can hold about 20,480,000,000,000 rf total. I checkerboard the outside casing with ports so that I can put Dimensional Transceivers all over it, to provide power to whoever or whatever I need (if you do this, make sure you use a configurator to shift-right click each port to set them to output mode). I connect this matrix to the reactor with a Cryostabilized Fluxduct, so that there isnt any loss. The only issue with this reactor (considering that it will NEVER explode) is that the 9 thermal evaporation plants, 8 rotary condensentrators, 64 fully speed upgraded resonant aqueous accumulators, and 20 solar neutron activators cause MASSIVE lag, so you have to quarantine them about 4000 blocks away from your base in a desert. Otherwise you lose efficiency and you get a lag attack, which is horrible. I usually dub the area "lag desert" because not only is it super laggy and a desert, it has to be chunk loaded so that you constantly create fuel for your reactor. If youd like to try to make one some time, a really great guide can be found here.

For quarries I usually go with about 4-8 ender quarries, each mining a 1000x1000 block area, with 3 speed upgrades and a pump upgrade. They get their power from, and send all items through, a Dimensional Transceiver, which then sends the fluids and blocks into the ME system directly. The easiest and quickest way to do this is to use Interfaces (one fluid, one normal) attached to the DT, because the DT wants to put things into an inventory, and the interfaces count as one. Just make sure the DT is set to push items/fluids into the proper interfaces!

Once I get my main base up and running (ill attach a picture of the birds-eye view and maybe one from flying), I start with Thaumcraft, grind for a few days until that is complete, then I start work on Botania (i love this mod too, its so much fun!), and then finally I work through the quest tablet, and get everything completed. I usually, after getting the fusion reactor online, use the surplus energy to get a ton of coins via the RF submission block, and the Bulk orders tab in the quest tablet, so that I can turn them into Green Heart Canisters for me and my friends. Keep in mind (because i did not know this) that if you put an exchange token in your crafting grid, one token makes 64 more tokens!

Attachments

• 2017-05-29_10.34.10.png
    2017-05-29_10.34.10.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 153

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
Is that almost a Direwolf 9x9 in chunks. That's massive with loads of rooms erhm chunks?
I tend to live in open air on the farms and a "hobbit" style house (and lots of basements) underneath it. Well not this time and it's not that big yet.
2 dayblooms and 2 nightshade shows how far I am at the moment. Just not enough leather to... feed the cows. .. make a big backpack. And some more mining.

Thanks for that link and tips, got it bookmarked.
Looks like I got something to build it in creative first to see it's size. I really never used that amount of power.

Z

Zaphara94

I think i am currently using about 600rf/t, so my reactor is at an injection rate of 20, meaning it is putting out roughly 2mil rf/t, plenty of power for now ;3 But that tier 5 ore processing plant takes about 10 DTs to power it properly, with about 30 salination plants...

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
So far, so good. Hectic with all the different tasks, so my progression later, will be smoother.

Got a very basic (and manual) energy system up and running.
Majority of items is now placed in storage drawers, where I want them to be (not on a AE-harddrive).
Have been fiddling with making my first storage crates.

But my bottleneck at the moment is still the Nether.
Still haven't been there and leveling up my hammer takes a while before I get my next mining level.
Made a fortune 3 and a silk-touch pickaxe in the meanwhile.
Thinking about casting the portal instead of mining the obsidian.

Now the choice: dungeon or nether. Neither options I like but some of the loot is a necessity for Science.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. . . is there a reason that Radioactive Combs do not give Uranium?

What in the configuration can be changed to fix this?

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
@bremmon, I too saw that when I could start up MC last weekend.
I don't think a nugget of Uranium exists, but nuclear craft does have lumps(?).
As for the config, it would probably be one of the bee mods. NEI could tell you which one that is.

So, I manually made a portal to the Nether.
Couldn't do squad there and because of my iron armor, got ganged up and pummeled to death by some nuclear monsters.
Eventually made me an igneous extruder (TE) so I could make my obsidian and now every tool is at least cobalt level, yeah progress.

Goals: new armor, make auto-enchanter, make cleaver and hunt for heads.
Last but not least, nabbing me spawners from a blaze and endermen.
I think I will/can find these in the overworld dungeons.

For laughs:
As for my first try on the overworld dungeon, the first 2 levels where a breeze. But opened the wrong chest(?) where the mausoleum is and got triple blown up.