[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, the only thing really frustrating me is the disks, I am up to iron tier, but every time the 8 coins are paid and you receive the reward you have to close the book for it to be visible despite the instant cooldown

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
Right now, the only thing really frustrating me is the disks, I am up to iron tier, but every time the 8 coins are paid and you receive the reward you have to close the book for it to be visible despite the instant cooldown

I guess this only happens with the tin & iron tier exchange tokens, steel is working just fine...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Are there any ME quests ATM?
dont think so , i think the only help u get from corporate is the resource shop that has certus quartz with a small chance of opening charged certus quartz instead of normal ones on offer, so raw materials only i think

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone use Natura? If yes, how? I've seen it in many packs, but can't find a use for it.
It adds some biomes, some plants (most of which are useful, like the berry bushes), and bunch of trees in both the overworld and the nether. It also adds a few creatures.

well i lost the map.. so.. i'll create all new... but.. the v.1.1.2 will come soon? or so much time as x1.1.1?
I'm planning for the Beta of 0.1.2 to be available in about 1 to 2 weeks. I'm working on one of the very big questlines as we speak, and HQM just went open source a few days ago, so I want to see if Hilburn and a few others can hammer out some of the big bugs quickly that have been plaguing HQM.

Also a few weeks out because I have some important RL work things that take precedence.

This is still a weird bug cause there isn't much difference between those tiers, HQM wise. HOpefully the fixes I did for 0.1.2 mitigate that weird issue when I release it.

For now, though, your best bet is to go back a page or two in the thread and find where I uploaded the Minetweaker scripts for Token duplication, and utilize the Alloy Smelter to automate turning them in.

Are there any ME quests ATM?
None yet.

Reactions: An0nymuS

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
One thing wrong with the RWG is there is no rutile/limestone for mariculture without making another dimenion since there is no oceans/rivers for it to spawn. So a quest reward/bag could have a river/ocean dimlet .

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
One thing wrong with the RWG is there is no rutile/limestone for mariculture without making another dimenion since there is no oceans/rivers for it to spawn. So a quest reward/bag could have a river/ocean dimlet .
There is no mariculture in the pack...?

Reactions: Everlasting2

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning for the Beta of 0.1.2 to be available in about 1 to 2 weeks. I'm working on one of the very big questlines as we speak, and HQM just went open source a few days ago, so I want to see if Hilburn and a few others can hammer out some of the big bugs quickly that have been plaguing HQM.

Also a few weeks out because I have some important RL work things that take precedence.

oh.. ok.. i'll wait... oh.. and.. i update botania an put the optfine... it's a problem? don't change much... and.. i can tack off the open computer? i'll never gonna use it =/

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't quite effect this pack BUT next version the RFTools Dimlet Crates should be fixed, and you'll be able to find river and whatnot dimlets in them.

h.. ok.. i'll wait... oh.. and.. i update botania an put the optfine... it's a problem? don't change much... and.. i can tack off the open computer? i'll never gonna use it =/
Updating mods yourself shouldn't be a problem. Optifine SHOULD work fine as well, but keep in mind Optifine doesn't work for everyone.

As for Open Computers, no quests are involved with it YET so its safe to disable, but eventually most mods will have quests associated, so disabling them means you won't be able to do all the quests.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, here's a sneak peak at the first quest for the Thaumcraft questline!

nnEcZKs.png

Reactions: Pudding01

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
As for Open Computers, no quests are involved with it YET so its safe to disable, but eventually most mods will have quests associated, so disabling them means you won't be able to do all the quests.

ok '-' maybe i use it in the future... pls make some quest explain cool thing to do... with it =)

Felipe Oyabu

Jul 29, 2019
Are you holding Shift while using it? And which tool, on which block are you using it?

EDIT : Rather, are you Sneaking while mining/cutting down things, and using the appropriate tool?

i try with a wood axe.. and i change to "alt key" it cam be the problem? '-'

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
i try with a wood axe.. and i change to "alt key" it cam be the problem? '-'

If you want to use something besides sneak to use veinminer find where your pack is located and go to

...\The Ferret Business\config\veinminer\general.cfg

Code:
client {
    # What mode should the client use when joining a game.
    # Valid modes: [default: pressed]
    #   'disabled' = don't enable, even when keybind pressed
    #   'pressed' = enables when keybind is pressed
    #   'released' = enables when keybind is released
    #   'sneak' = enables when sneaking (ignores keybind)
    #   'no_sneak' = enables when not sneaking (ignores keybind)
    S:client.preferredMode=pressed
}

The "S:client.preferredMode=" is the important bit. It designates what you do to activate veinminer.

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
This is still a weird bug cause there isn't much difference between those tiers, HQM wise. HOpefully the fixes I did for 0.1.2 mitigate that weird issue when I release it.

For now, though, your best bet is to go back a page or two in the thread and find where I uploaded the Minetweaker scripts for Token duplication, and utilize the Alloy Smelter to automate turning them in.

Once I got to the steel tier, it works just fine. I've automated making inexpensive home deco pieces, but from beginning to end in one long continuous system I have automated crating them, turning them in, and then turning the coins into vouchers & the chits to the highest level possible. ATM, I can't keep up with the amt of coins I am producing, which is no biggie to me. I am just working on quest completion to increase my rank. I will have to check out the token duplication thing to see about being able to keep up with the coins, lol.

Last edited:

DoYouMined

Jul 29, 2019
In the Botania section, one of the quests asks for a cacophonium, which is fine, but it also asks for a cacophonium block. So, obviously, you make a note block and shift click with the cacophonium. However, HQM requires it to be in your inventory. I cannot figure out a single way to get it legitimately (because, upon breaking it, it just drops a note block and a cacophonium), so I had to cheat it in to complete the quest. Maybe you should just mention the cacophonium block, not actually require it for the quest.

Reactions: Pudding01