[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Bug in the quests. Under "Protecting your assets", the quest "Tier 1: Bullets" asks for 2 bedrock.
Yep, the OMT quests aren't fixed yet. The mod was updated and it removed some items and replaced others, so the OMT quests are out of date, and HQM automatically replaces missing items with either bedrock or just removes the item from the book.

Hey Caigan, can you do me a solid and tell me a list of the mods that are Thaumcraft dependent? I'm ripping it out, because EVERY time I find a spot I like, I go exploring and run into a Tainted Lands Biome.... This has happened on SIX DIFFERENT SEEDS so far....
A few things on Taint :
  1. Taint will not spread in an unloaded chunk. So if taint is far enough away, its not gonna spread.
  2. The corporate shop sells Ethereal Blooms, which can be used to remove taint, slowly but steadily.
Now then, I'm not going to be decreasing the spawn rate of Tainted Biomes...but I WILL BE DISABLING TAINT BIOME SPREAD. This way, there will be a decent amount of Tainted areas (plus ways to generate Taint for more nefarious researches), but folks don't have to worry about random things keeping taint chunks loaded without you knowing (without OPIS, its more difficult to see at a glance all what chunks are still loaded).

This, hopefully, will be an acceptable compromise between the two sides.

Are the MFR rubber trees set in the config for RWG I can't seem to find any. There are IC2 trees but can't see MFR ones.
Ah, there was no setting for them in the RWG config, but I found out how to add them. Basically to add MFR rubber trees to RWG generation, you have to whitelist the biomes in the MFR config.

I just tested this config, here is the download.

Overwrite the file in /minecraft/config/powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/

So, amber is regarded as a "precious" resource by the supply contracts. I don't know if you've been to a mountain recently, but amber is not a very uncommon resource, to say the least. Just sayin.
Yeah, this was partially more due to the difference between Thaumcraft Amber and Biomes o Plenty Amber, and I'll be adjusting this accordingly.

The Flat Lamp 2509 from Ztones has the same crafting recipe with Colorful Lamp 1634 from Computronics.
Noted, added to the trello to fix later.

Hay @Caigan take a look at this and let me hear what you think / if worthy of the pack :)
adds 2 blocks, a block that can use solid fuel for the smeltery and a block that can output faster
Hmm not sure on this one, I'll think on it. Looks interesting!

makes it possible to change / remove old modifiers that can be used or limit them to balance them out or even new modifiers based on what you code, like making use of some of the more end game items to empower the tools more
like maybe draconic capacitors as a modifier, dragon hearts, dragon eggs and i even think he is working on adding options that allows you to make modifiers that will add enchantments so you could add other non vanilla enchantments to the tools / weapons
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/tinkers-modifiers
Now this is something I was interested in, thank you for showing me.
It may or may not get added, but its on the list to review.

Quest book is bugged with Diamond Exchange Rate you have to reopen the book everytime you turn it in to make it show up, if not then it dissapear and you can get it back by doing Emerald and Steel rates first then the diamond shows up again if you don't just reopen the book.
This is an odd HQM bug itself, due to how Reputation unlocking works, and its not consistant.

To get around this, I'll shift it so you can see the next quest in line, but the first task will be the reputation one as normal.

Is there anyway to get the default book back? have an idea it could be the custom book that does it.
Actually it 'is' the default book. =) I got permission from the HQM team to use custom GUI textures and icons within the mod file itself, and the book is renamed via Minetweaker.

Reactions: An0nymuS

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
This is an odd HQM bug itself, due to how Reputation unlocking works, and its not consistant.

To get around this, I'll shift it so you can see the next quest in line, but the first task will be the reputation one as normal.
Is there anyway we can do it us self and have it as a temp fix?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway we can do it us self and have it as a temp fix?
Even better

FERRET SHINIES - EXCHANGE TOKEN CRAFTING FIX
This adds the minetweaker script for Exchange Tokens, crafting 1 will give you a stack of them back. This is mostly for automation purposes and so you don't have to click in the quest book repeatedly.

1. Download this file
  2. Place it into /minecraft/scripts/, overwriting the current FerretShinies.zs file.
  3. If you are still logged into your minecraft world, type /mt reload

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Even better

FERRET SHINIES - EXCHANGE TOKEN CRAFTING FIX
This adds the minetweaker script for Exchange Tokens, crafting 1 will give you a stack of them back. This is mostly for automation purposes and so you don't have to click in the quest book repeatedly.

1. Download this file
  2. Place it into /minecraft/scripts/, overwriting the current FerretShinies.zs file.
  3. If you are still logged into your minecraft world, type /mt reload

I see you still got the seed bags in the MT.
Also the Flux Crystals quests is a bit messed up / wrong order

Charge time of FB battery is quite high

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I see you still got the seed bags in the MT.
Yep, until I fully remove Magical Crops, I won't remove the minetweaker stuff for them.

Also the Flux Crystals quests is a bit messed up / wrong order
Er, how so? It goes in proper order by what I see. Soil/Universal Seed/Seed Infuser > Growing the crystals (scythe, rough shard usages, automation upgrade) > Gem Cutter / Gem Refiner.

Charge time of FB battery is quite high
I know, I did warn about this. It'll be much better in 0.1.2, I wanted to get the pack out with all the other changes and the rudimentary power supply update.

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
Updated and it instantly was like this
Screenshot_64.png

A friend then tried to open his and he only had Powered Production but in that quest it doesn't say how to get rough shards NEI say to get them from the world but they can't be found.

Does Flux crystals have world gen?

And first a few quest later its being told you can make seeds by using a universal seeds

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Updated and it instantly was like this View attachment 23802

A friend then tried to open his and he only had Powered Production but in that quest it doesn't say how to get rough shards NEI say to get them from the world but they can't be found.

Does Flux crystals have world gen?
Oh I see what the issue might be.

Since I can only have 1024 quests, and deleting a quest will NOT give that quest slot back to me, I had to reuse quests that were no longer used elsewhere. So if you aren't starting with a fresh hqm file, you MIGHT have some of the later quests unlocked.

In Initial Quests, do Soul Food quest to unlock the first one (left most one) for it to explain from the beginning.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
What happens?
Chopps down 1/4 of the tree (if you've guessed right for which collumn of wood to chop) and ignores the rest of the tree. It's annoying. (doesn't have a problem with the leaves or branches though...)

I'm guessing it's MetaData related... If so, then Vein minner might not like other large trees who's trunk is made up of different meta-data blocks.

GreatEmrys

Jul 29, 2019
I have not seen it asked, but it is on purpose for the time being to not have a crafting recipe for any of the decocraft stuff?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing it's MetaData related... If so, then Vein minner might not like other large trees who's trunk is made up of different meta-data blocks.
Yep its this. Bloodwood trees are made up of multiple metaID's and I haven't veinminer connected them yet.

I have not seen it asked, but it is on purpose for the time being to not have a crafting recipe for any of the decocraft stuff?
Decocraft 2 changed how its items are made. Craft a Decobench, you can then input the colored clay, normal clay, and the three dye colors and search the list of decocraft items.

Reactions: GreatEmrys

jayjay

Jul 29, 2019
hi there not sure if anyone esle has had this happen to them but after i made the laser drill n prechargers from mfr then place down the laser first and then the prechargers they dont link to the drill n all face north on my map heres a pic of it

Attachments

• laser drill.png
    laser drill.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 49

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
hi there not sure if anyone esle has had this happen to them but after i made the laser drill n prechargers from mfr then place down the laser first and then the prechargers they dont link to the drill n all face north on my map heres a pic of it
Have you supplied power to the Prechargers?

jayjay

Jul 29, 2019
yep they are all fully charged i even made some new ones unpowered n still dos the same unsure why this is happening n even a couple of ppl on a server i play said few there mfr mechs stoped working but think they had to brake n replace them

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
the prechargers must be facing the laser drill on their correct side any other side means nothing happends
so simply put the prechargers only have 1 functional side which is the side they feed a laser from they can accept power from any side but they can only charge a laser drill from 1 side

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Have you supplied power to the Prechargers?
on the note of the laser drill last(a version back i think) i tested them in creative the drill materialized alot of nether ores that dont spawn in the nether nor are they supposed since they dont have uses (the reason they dont spawn in the nether is simply that) but the laser does materialize them since they are still in the ore list or something (example of the useless ores then was nether nikolite). a simple/easy fix might be disabling the useless ores in the nether ores config . if you want to see what the ores the laser drill can bring up are id suggest testing in creative world its probably the best way to get a list of all the ores that the drill can materialize

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
yep they are all fully charged i even made some new ones unpowered n still dos the same unsure why this is happening n even a couple of ppl on a server i play said few there mfr mechs stoped working but think they had to brake n replace them
Oh I see the issue in the screenshot. Rotate all the prechargers so the light blue "eye" faces the drill. They'll connect, then.