[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

trotzor

Jul 29, 2019
So I was snooping around my ftb-related files, seeing if I could find some reason for the pack not working correctly, and noticed something interesting... the .zip file for the pack under Appdata/Local/ftblauncher/Modpacks/TheFerretBusiness is actually corrupt, and unable to be opened... I have no experience with having a pack on the launcher, but is it possible the .zip you submitted was corrupt to begin with?

Also, love the pack, you did a great job! :D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So I was snooping around my ftb-related files, seeing if I could find some reason for the pack not working correctly, and noticed something interesting... the .zip file for the pack under Appdata/Local/ftblauncher/Modpacks/TheFerretBusiness is actually corrupt, and unable to be opened... I have no experience with having a pack on the launcher, but is it possible the .zip you submitted was corrupt to begin with?

Also, love the pack, you did a great job! :D
Nah, I test the file I sync to my dropbox account, and have had my testers test the file the team has access to. Works.

The error basically is the file is just not on any of the download servers. Its not just this pack, I've noticed a few other packs have the same issue. I'm working on getting an alternate download up for everyone as soon as I can.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD
Since I'm not sure when FTB will be fixing the 0.0.4 download, here are two alternate links to the CLIENT files (I'm not going to put up the server files yet).
ALTERNATE ONE : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wvjgq8y8quoura/The Ferret Business 0.0.4 - Client.zip?dl=0
ALTERNATE TWO : http://www.mediafire.com/download/zn5mt1dtos60ch1/The_Ferret_Business_0.0.4_-_Client.zip

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Download the file above, and extract it to its own folder.
  2. In the FTB Launcher, select the modpack, and change it from Recommended to 0.0.3
  3. Launch the modpack to make sure you have it downloaded
  4. Close modpack, reopen the FTB Launcher. Select the modpack again, and hit the Edit Mods button.
  5. Click Open Folder in this window. This will take you to the /minecraft/mods/ folder for the modpack.
  6. Navigate so you are in the /minecraft/ folder instead.
  7. BACK UP YOUR SAVES FOLDER.
  8. Rename or delete the /configs/, /mods/, and /scripts/ folders. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.
  9. Copy the files and folders from the /minecraft/ folder in the extracted zip to this directory.
  10. Launch the modpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qanthelas

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
Is the quest Large Seed Supply Contract supposed to be giving +9 reputation to Job Title? All of the rest of the quests in that line give it to Trader Rank.

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Caigan!

Also, can you edit the Natura quest in the Exploring Your World quest line to accept any Cotton and Barley seeds? I crossbred a 10/10/10 Cotton Seed and the quest doesn't accept it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you Caigan!

Also, can you edit the Natura quest in the Exploring Your World quest line to accept any Cotton and Barley seeds? I crossbred a 10/10/10 Cotton Seed and the quest doesn't accept it.
Ah yes forgot about that. I'll set them to ignore NBT data so they'll be acceptable.

lokiy999

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the Alt-Download, I love the new tinker's update, also can't wait until more quests are done!

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
Are the mystical flowers that are grown in the Agricraft crops supposed to drop petals? I have 4 10/10/10 Mystical Red Flowers in crops and when I right click them I get nothing. Also, when I left click to destroy them I get the seed but no petals.

HappyElk

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, thank you for taking the time to set up an alternate download. Your instructions worked perfectly.

I am, however, having a significant problem with erratic and low FPS when playing the modpack. Memory usage is also pretty high (at least 50% of 4 GB allocated), though that may not be unusual for larger modpacks. I have the launcher set to use 4GB of my PC's total 8GB. Java 8 is latest revision.

I tried removing a few mods to lighten the load (HoloInv, IGW, CompuCraft, HeadCrumbs, Morph, Tails, VeinMiner) but the issue remains. I also tried to tweak settings using OptiFine, but it's my first try with that so I may not have done a thorough job. FastCraft 1.19 is loaded as well.

Is there a way to track which mods are using the memory? Does Opis work on the client end or just on servers? Maybe my PC is just not up to snuff, though I was able to play Wanderlust without many performance issues.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Are the mystical flowers that are grown in the Agricraft crops supposed to drop petals? I have 4 10/10/10 Mystical Red Flowers in crops and when I right click them I get nothing
Odd those SHOULD be giving petals. I'll note this down to check it when I can.

I am, however, having a significant problem with erratic and low FPS when playing the modpack.
Few things that can help. Most of those things you disabled are pretty small, so won't do too much
  • Launch the pack with the java arguements : -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true
  • Disable Journeymap temporarily to see if that helps, if it does, switch to MapWriter or VoxelMap
  • With Optifine and stuff, try dropping particle count down low
  • There is a brand new loading profiler out. You can add it to your mods and run the modpack, and it'll create a file to see what mods are taking the longest to load. : http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228513-loading-profiler#t1:description
  • In the FTB Launcher, Advanced Options, Disable Google Analytic Tracking
  • You can kill FTB Launcher in the background. In Task Manager, you'll usually see two copies of javaw running. One is usually around 500megs+, much smaller than the second. You can kill this process.
  • Port the modpack over to MultiMC, this helps some folks.
As for OPIS, its disabled by default for clients, so you can enable it and then use /opis in game.

HappyElk

Jul 29, 2019
Few things that can help. Most of those things you disabled are pretty small, so won't do too much

I feel a bit silly, but my big problem was that I was inattentive and loaded a 128x resource pack instead of the 32x I usually use. A bit of a difference there :p

Still, messing with Optifine for the first time improved my FPS anyway. And now you can just copy and paste your suggestions for the inevitable next person who asks about lag instead of typing it out!

Also, the Loading Profiler log was interesting. JABBA and Chisel were by far the longest mods to load. I was surprised about Jabba especially.

Thanks Caigan!

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I feel a bit silly, but my big problem was that I was inattentive and loaded a 128x resource pack instead of the 32x I usually use.
Whoops, thats another thing I always forget to poke people about. Some folks don't understand that a larger res resource pack will eat your RAM like nobodies business x3

JABBA and Chisel were by far the longest mods to load. I was surprised about Jabba especially.
Chisel I'm not 'too' surprised about as it has a ton of separate blocks and things to check. Jabba...hm yeah thats a little odd.

Caigan, tell me you applied for the third party pack team. You really know your stuff.
I used to be on the 3rd party team a while back, before things were nicely streamlined and such a large team wasn't needed for a while. Now my upload bandwidth isn't very good, and I think for now focusing on my pack and my RL stuff is my goal for a bit. =)

sugdenjack

Jul 29, 2019
YAY . i'm now running 0.0.4 :) on MultiMC. adding your java arguments seems to make it run a bit smoother as well.

good job, caigan :D and thanks

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
NEW KNOWN ISSUE
Sometimes you'll crash out of your world/server with a java error about "Payload may not be larger than (some large number)". If this is the case, try and disable immibiscore and dimensional anchors. 0.0.5 will have the updated Immibiscore that MIGHT fix this issue. I'm trying to track down what actually causes this.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE SHORTLY
I've just been informed that version 0.0.5 of the modpack should be available on the modpack launcher in a couple hours.

This is actually version 0.0.4, as to fix the syncing issue over their servers, they had to upload it as 0.0.5. I'll update the other documents and the main post to reflect this in the morning, as its well past midnight and I'm still coughing and sick and should actually be in bed (but of course, I'm not, cause minecraft =P)

Don't worry, I'm still working on what will now be called 0.0.6 : The Search for 0.0.4 Update

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry, I'm still working on what will now be called 0.0.6 : The Search for 0.0.4 Update

Can't wait for the update to finally build some research labs xD and good luck on finding 0.0.4 update maybe its hiding under the kitchen sink?