[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying a few different download servers under Advanced Options and so far none of them work, so the pack just continues to launch on the old version. So if your title screen for Minecraft shows verison 0.0.2 (because the title page didn't get updated in 0.0.3) then you are still on the old version. I just tried Nottingham specifically since Dre4m mentioned it worked, but it also does not work for me. I had just dropped by the FTB IRC channel to see if anyone there could help and it was in linking to this thread to show them which pack I was talking about that I saw the posts here about the download not working for some. I'll post again if something gets sorted out but I suspect it might just be a matter of needing a bit of patience right now while things get sorted out.

lokiy999

Jul 29, 2019
My Feed The Beast Launcher is also doing weird, if I disable my Anti-Virus I see V0.0.3, if I enable it I see V0.0.4 and can ONLY download from CurseCDN, otherwise I can download from all places but only V0.0.3, this may be a bug with me too but I find it weird.

Nevermind, I added the site as exception and now it works, at least, still can't download but can use other download locations.

Dre4M

Jan 1, 2014
I just tried Nottingham specifically since Dre4m mentioned it worked, but it also does not work for me.

Nope, I'm very sorry, nothing has changed, but I really thought it was going to work, because it took a bit longer.

persia690

Jul 29, 2019
NOTE
It seems a lot of people are having issues downloading the pack. I've contacted the third party team on this issue. Until it is fixed, either do not update yet, or try different download servers
thank for reply i will try some solution to download it ;)

stardust1971

Jul 29, 2019
NOTE
It seems a lot of people are having issues downloading the pack. I've contacted the third party team on this issue. Until it is fixed, either do not update yet, or try different download servers

None of the different download servers worked. Right now I don't even see the new version in the drop-down menu. the recommended version is still 0.0.4.

Also, my console outputs this:

Error while downloading modpack: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/TheFerretBusiness/0_0_4/TheFerretBusiness.zip
Error while downloading modpack: java.lang.Exception: Modpack download failed

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
None of the different download servers worked. Right now I don't even see the new version in the drop-down menu. the recommended version is still 0.0.4.

Also, my console outputs this:

undefined

I have exactly the same thing, same problem and same console error. I posted it in the FTB IRC channel and the nice people there are trying to sort it out. I think right now they're waiting for someone with access to the repo to come online. I have saw the mod dev Caigan there in the IRC channel trying to figure this out, too :) I'll post here when I hear more.

iN3RDDannyx

Jul 29, 2019
'Server file for the selected version was not found on the server' Get this when i try and download the server files for 0.0.4. Just an FYI

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I've found that the complete and utter terror of living on a small island surrounded by maneating fish and populated by evil trees compliments the comical quest logs quite well.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Really strange. . . Just a couple of hours ago the launcher showed this modpack's version as 0.0.4. Now it is 0.0.3 again. Ugh. . . this launcher has crashed and burned this last couple of weeks on so many modpacks.

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, odd. Drop it to 4 gigs, I know Java sometimes doesn't like more than that(as odd as that sounds). The next time it fully crashes, you could upload the full crash log for me?
This Is the crash report I'm getting. It happens when I'm reopening a world after closing it because its lagging for unknown reasons. I tried getting ride of entities and particle. nothing worked. I would be helpful to know why my minecraft is lagging and why it crashes when I relaunch the world.

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-09_16.58.51-server.txt
    46.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
This Is the crash report I'm getting. It happens when I'm reopening a world after closing it because its lagging for unknown reasons. I tried getting ride of entities and particle. nothing worked. I would be helpful to know why my minecraft is lagging and why it crashes when I relaunch the world.
Hm, I think the crash report is saying yo uare loading Java 7, not 8, but I don't think that'd be causing that error, hmm...When the 0.0.4 update is fixed on the launcher, lets see if that helps with it first. Not sure exactly what would be causing it. =T

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, I think the crash report is saying yo uare loading Java 7, not 8, but I don't think that'd be causing that error, hmm...When the 0.0.4 update is fixed on the launcher, lets see if that helps with it first. Not sure exactly what would be causing it. =T

I get that"Ticking memory connection" crash sometimes too and from searching around for info a while back it has to do with the horrible way Minecraft manages memory so when you leave a map to main screen it doesn't release all the ram it was using so it runs out of ram when you reload the map. Tends to happen most often with heavily modded packs.

Jaxxked

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to v0.4 ^-^ I had thought that my computer was messing up or something because of the error but came here, and I see this is a community wide thing, hope it gets fixed soon. But just keep on working through it, I'm guessing it gets frustrating with problems like this..

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Same while waiting for v0.4 to come together and work I'm trying playing the new mod pack pathfinder which whoever needs a good guide on the RF tools in making dimensions its beginning gives a nice walkthrough for it.

Reactions: Qanthelas

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry folks, hopefully this gets worked out soon. Until then, keep 0.0.3 selected on the launcher if you'd like to keep playing the pack. I'm still working on 0.0.5 in the background, but not too heavily until 0.0.4 is fixed on the launcher so I know what other bugs I need to squash in this new go-around.

lokiy999

Jul 29, 2019
Just to report a quick bug(if it isn't already fixed in 0.0.4), The "Dimensional Testing - Uncommon" quest is broken, you only have to have 50 Shop voucher in your inventory to get unlimited Uncommon RF Tool Dimlet Crates. (Like it's free crates)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
ust to report a quick bug(if it isn't already fixed in 0.0.4), The "Dimensional Testing - Uncommon" quest is broken
Not fixed in 0.0.4 as it was pointed out after I submitted the update to FTB. It is already fixed in the 0.0.5 version being worked on.

Can you give a mirror download until the ftb servers getheir shit together
I'll see what I can do, but I won't have time till tomorrow to possibly put something together, sorry =T

JohnnyMayHymn

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome modpack, the only thing that I could think of that I'll add to my local build is (Ted's) Realistic World Gen and maybe the Big Trees mod (with the BoP configs of course)
;)

and hardcore darkness

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan, got a unique opening to a new series for this mod pack. Just waiting for it to be updated first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk