[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm. . . are we supposed to lose our Quest book progress? I saw that there could be a server problem and the work around was to rename the quest folder but I didn't do that. It automatically started me out with a fresh quest book.

Kami

Jul 29, 2019
Couple issues I've seen so far. Might be just my computer but no other packs have this issue. On the lowest of lowest setting, everything literally off and fast, with optifine and fastcraft, my chunks load SUPER slow, like.... I can walk to the edge and watch as a chunk appears in front of me walk to the other side of that chunk, and maybe 2-3 minutes later the next chunk in front of me loads. It's pretty bad.

Also had to remove Lycanites mobs, it was causing too much entity lag and /cofh killall doesn't kill Lycanites' creatures. They also make general survival, impossibly hard, not fun when I'm trying to chillax and just play some MC modpacks. Hope you don't have quests about them otherwise I'll have to force complete them.

Also seem to be getting an abnormal amount of Island worlds. 16 Islands in a row now, getting annoying re-creating because I don't want to swim/boat for an hr to find mainland mainly because of slow chunk loading.

Last edited:

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan
FYI for v0.0.3, "LargeCommonOreShipment .cfg" has a space before the period in the file name. Not sure how that will affect your mod. Also, it looks like you didn't update that file. It has the following in it:
IC2:blockOreCopper:30
IC2:blockOreTin:30
minecraft:iron_ore:20​

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to force quests finished? I don't want to have to go through and manually finish all the quests again.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm. . . are we supposed to lose our Quest book progress? I saw that there could be a server problem and the work around was to rename the quest folder but I didn't do that. It automatically started me out with a fresh quest book.
Did it just give you a new quest book or did it reset all the quests overall? HQM had an update between 0.0.2 and 0.0.3 and looks like that caused some funkyness. =(

Couple issues I've seen so far. Might be just my computer but no other packs have this issue. On the lowest of lowest setting, everything literally off and fast, with optifine and fastcraft, my chunks load SUPER slow, like.... I can walk to the edge and watch as a chunk appears in front of me walk to the other side of that chunk, and maybe 2-3 minutes later the next chunk in front of me loads. It's pretty bad.

Also had to remove Lycanites mobs, it was causing too much entity lag and /cofh killall doesn't kill Lycanites' creatures. They also make general survival, impossibly hard, not fun when I'm trying to chillax and just play some MC modpacks. Hope you don't have quests about them otherwise I'll have to force complete them.

Also seem to be getting an abnormal amount of Island worlds. 16 Islands in a row now, getting annoying re-creating because I don't want to swim/boat for an hr to find mainland mainly because of slow chunk loading.
That's strange, a few people have that but not most. How much ram do you have allocated to minecraft in the FTB launcher?

Also, the update to lycanites mobs seems to have done something odd to the spawnrate. I've corrected this in 0.0.4, but if you'd like to update your own config files to cut down the spawn rate https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k74e24qazkifttl/AABmDvIw6vdUn1BfZMXp3-F-a?dl=0

I'll also look into the rate of starting on islands and stuff, cause I agree its starting to get ridiculous.

Is there a way to force quests finished? I don't want to have to go through and manually finish all the quests again.
If you have cheats enabled or op status on a server, type /hqm edit YourUsername (so for me it'd be /hqm edit caigan). It'll give you an 'enchanted' HQM book that lets you edit quest completion for the person you list.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan
FYI for v0.0.3, "LargeCommonOreShipment .cfg" has a space before the period in the file name. Not sure how that will affect your mod. Also, it looks like you didn't update that file. It has the following in it:
IC2:blockOreCopper:30
IC2:blockOreTin:30
minecraft:iron_ore:20​
The space is reflected in the super config file that looks for it. I'll fix that in next update though.

And weird, I thought I fixed that, but I guess not. I at least added the proper amounts at least...Fixed on my end for 0.0.4.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
When I move my mouse up it goes down and down to up. Is this a mod????
Hm, I'm pretty sure I left my settings file out of the 0.0.3 as I had tested it in a clean MultiMC instance before uploading, all my settings were at default.

Well, in other news, I've gone through and changed more settings for Lycanites Mobs, tweaking some of them. It'll be an ongoing process.

I've also tweaked Biomes O PLenty worldgen options and am testing them in single player right now.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
Did it just give you a new quest book or did it reset all the quests overall? HQM had an update between 0.0.2 and 0.0.3 and looks like that caused some funkyness. =(

My quests were reset on my server as well.

Note, according to microsoft dos's "fc /b" command, the 0.0.2 hqm mod and the 0.0.3 hqm mod are identical. The mod was not updated.

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019

Sort of one and the same. . . I had a book but it had all quests reset so the only quest available from the start was the very first chapter 1 quest.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, new spawn area testing :

Test 1, decent area
Test 2, decent area
Test 3, okay area
Test 4, Meh start (you can at least see larger landmasses from your island)
Test 5, Meh start (The large continent to the west can barely be seen from the island, but the island is large enough and forested)
Test 6, Good area
Test 7, Decent area

So far, the updates to the biome generation configs are playing nicer. I'll have to do more testing in the next few days, though.
My quests were reset on my server as well.

Note, according to microsoft dos's "fc /b" command, the 0.0.2 hqm mod and the 0.0.3 hqm mod are identical. The mod was not updated.
Okay, I see where I've gotten confused, I updated it really close to before releasing 0.0.2, not 0.0.3, my memory wonked slightly there. I thought I had shifted the HQM update to 0.0.3, but it was put into 0.0.2 before I sent it to the third party team.

Sort of one and the same. . . I had a book but it had all quests reset so the only quest available from the start was the very first chapter 1 quest.

These two being the case, I'm not sure WHY peoples quests reset, or why the update broke them on servers as well. This should not have been the case between updates, since the mod did not update, and locally and in my own personal test server, they did not bug out and reset either.

I'm going to gather a bit more info and then submit a bug report and question to the HQM issue tracker, though right now I know Vswe is doing a heavy rewrite and optimization of the HQM code.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I've updating the OP with the following

NEW KNOWN ISSUES
  • For some reason with the update, many people, both in single player and multiplayer, will have their quests reset. It is unknown why this happens, but I've tracked down a few causes :
    • Changing your Minecraft name can cause you to lose progress
    • Changes to existing quest lines can cause issues with the file format
  • If you cannot start your multiplayer server, go into the world folder and rename or delete the HardcoreQuesting folder.
    • THIS WILL RESET EVERYONE'S QUEST PROGRESS
  • If your quest data gets reset in either case, use the following command to edit your progress and catch back up to where you were :
    • /hqm edit playername
      • This will give you a glowing version of the HQM book with that person's name. You can open it and then change quests to complete that they've finished.

Mudguts13542

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is probally a terrible question but by any chance can you make an alternate download link of 0.0.3 and post it? My internet has been very terrible these past few days and it keeps canceling the the download. Thanks? <3

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is probally a terrible question but by any chance can you make an alternate download link of 0.0.3 and post it? My internet has been very terrible these past few days and it keeps canceling the the download. Thanks? <3
I'll see what I can do.

Spent a little time this morning tweaking both Lycanites and Biomes O Plenty. I think I got BoP worldgen a lot more favorable, both in starting locations, and a bit more ease of finding all the various biomes for the quests.

Lycanites is slightly more tricky and I have to wait for those on my testing server to get back to me, but it is looking more and more favorable now.

Mudguts13542

Jul 29, 2019
I'll see what I can do.

Spent a little time this morning tweaking both Lycanites and Biomes O Plenty. I think I got BoP worldgen a lot more favorable, both in starting locations, and a bit more ease of finding all the various biomes for the quests.

Lycanites is slightly more tricky and I have to wait for those on my testing server to get back to me, but it is looking more and more favorable now.
Was that a yes or a no haha? :p