[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
Hey This is a awesome mod pack but I have a few suggestions 1.Ztones adds lots of cool new decoration blocks. 2.Hats mod IMO Every mod pack needs the Hats mod. 3.Hats stands lets you display your hats for the world to see.

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
There's something bugged with Lycanite mobs, got 1 shot by swamp monster (that comes out of swamp water, I think they're called Dwellers) while wearing full Obsidian.
Are you sure you were not lagging or your armor was near broken and was the Dweller (yes that is what they are called) infernal.

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I found 2 bugs. 1. You can not craft yellorium blocks it will make IC2 Uranium blocks so you can not craft a large uncommon metal supply crate with yellorium blocks. 2. the Large rare metal supply crate quest does not give any reputation or items when you finish the quest.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
How many questlines are finished? I played it for a while and had fun but it seemed like a ton of quests still needed work. Once you've got more quest lines up and running I'll update and play again, but right now I'm working through Blast Off and waiting on the new Omega Dawn.
Right now, there's over 250 quests in the book, but you can subtract about 50 of them for shop/contract repeatable ones.
In total, 3 major questlines are complete : Botania, EnderIO, and Extra Utilities. The plan is each update to include at LEAST a bunch of new quests, unless the update is a serious bugfix one (as 0.0.3 was).

There's something bugged with Lycanite mobs, got 1 shot by swamp monster (that comes out of swamp water, I think they're called Dwellers) while wearing full Obsidian.
Egad, thats no good at all. I'll note to look at all the lycanites damage levels tonight.

Hey This is a awesome mod pack but I have a few suggestions 1.Ztones adds lots of cool new decoration blocks. 2.Hats mod IMO Every mod pack needs the Hats mod. 3.Hats stands lets you display your hats for the world to see.
Ztones I may add, but not hats. I have Armourer's Workshop instead, which I feel is a good cross between Hats and Automatic_Maiden's Statues mod. It lets you make and share customized armor and weapon skins.

Hey I found 2 bugs. 1. You can not craft yellorium blocks it will make IC2 Uranium blocks so you can not craft a large uncommon metal supply crate with yellorium blocks. 2. the Large rare metal supply crate quest does not give any reputation or items when you finish the quest.
Ah, okay, I added another recipe to use Uranium Blocks as well, in case someone gets Yellorium in a blind bag later. Also fixed the rewards for the Large Rare Metal Contract

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Updating with this :
NEW KNOWN ISSUES
  • The Osmotic Enchanter from Thaumic Tinkerer will crash due to the version of Thaumcraft/Thaumic TInkerer we are on. It should be fixed in 0.0.4

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this great pack! I downloaded it last night and after doing the initial walk through quests I've been mining and setting up a Mekanism area for ore doubling and passive energy generation. So far so good :) This pack looks like it will have two of the main things I love in packs - 1) a bunch of walk throughs of mods I don't know very well 2) repeatable turn in quests to give me something to do with the boat load of resources I end up with in packs like these. I love the automation and automated resource production of modded Minecraft but it's nice to have something to do with at least some of that stuff (so I can tell myself I have an excuse for producing thousands and thousands of various items :p )

I wanted to post a few things that I've noticed so far, things that might be worth looking at to tweak for future releases.

1) Hostile mobs that spawn during the day and don't die in the sun are really annoying early game. I can see how a goal for this pack is a balance between having super strong gear and fighting super strong monsters, but perhaps a ramp-up period where those mobs won't spawn for the first 15 or so Minecraft days might be nice, enough time to get settled, and in the RP it could be something like it taking the monsters a while to learn that the player has been pulled into that realm and thus come looking for you.

2) I know fighting with the Ore Dictionary and the various mods' versions of metal ingots is a pain, but any chance of unifying all furnace-y items to the same standard? It's unhandy early game when inventory management in chests and such is already cramped to then have, in my case, different Copper Ingots from when I smelted my first few in just a vanilla furnace compared to the ones I cooked up in the Mekanism Energized Smelter, for example. Maybe just stick with a standard like IC2 or Thermal Foundation/Expansion and set as many furnace-y things as possible to use those. (Same for the pulverized/dust forms of ores would be lovely, too.) To be fair to you and this pack, I haven't seen any other big kitchen sink packs really unify ingots and stuff either.

3) For AgriCraft, it takes 4 sticks to make 1 of the Crops (stick item things) - not sure if this is a bug or not, only other pack I've played with AgriCraft (the Regrowth pack) yields 4 Crops from 4 sticks.

4) How is the Coin to Voucher system supposed to work? I have traded in enough to get to the Stone level (50 Loyalty Points, I got up to 52 just to be sure I was over the line and the initial Quest page shows I am Stone tier) but I still can only access a 10:1 or 50:5 turn in quest for vouchers. I tried logging out of my world and back in but nope, still just the initial Wood tier voucher exchange quests.

Thanks again for your hard work on this and for keeping it updated in a timely manner, looking forward to more updates :)

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Hostile mobs that spawn during the day and don't die in the sun are really annoying early game. I can see how a goal for this pack is a balance between having super strong gear and fighting super strong monsters, but perhaps a ramp-up period where those mobs won't spawn for the first 15 or so Minecraft days might be nice,
Right now Lycanites spawns way more hostile mobs than it should. I've toned it down to a much much happier medium in 0.0.4. And a lot of the armor wearing zombies/skeletons that don't burn should be lowered as well.
As to the 'ramp up', I've not found a good mod that does what I would like for that. There is Hostile Worlds that Blood n Bones used, but it didn't feel like it fit what I wanted (since it does add its own mobs and whatnot).

I know fighting with the Ore Dictionary and the various mods' versions of metal ingots is a pain, but any chance of unifying all furnace-y items to the same standard?
This is something I plan on implementing soon, but it will involve me delving more into minetweaker/modtweaker and figuring out how all the various mod recipes work.

For AgriCraft, it takes 4 sticks to make 1 of the Crops (stick item things) - not sure if this is a bug or not, only other pack I've played with AgriCraft (the Regrowth pack) yields 4 Crops from 4 sticks.
I didn't change the default recipe or config for it, but I see where it is. Updated to 4 crops per crafting 0.0.4.

How is the Coin to Voucher system supposed to work?
Its supposed to properly unlock the next Tier when you hit that reputation. The second tier unlocks when you hit Iron, not Stone. I've clarified that bit in the Rules of the Shop quest now.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Do not place ME Conduits from EnderIO. They will crash your game/server and you will be unable to load them until you update both EnderIO and Applied Energistics! I will be pushing the 0.0.4 update up to much much earlier this week. I'll do my best to submit the update tonight, if not some time tomorrow.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast reply! The day time mobs and metal ingots and dusts might not be easily doable right away, but glad to hear that you've been thinking about those, too :) 4 Crops per 4 sticks is great - I am looking forward to getting more in to Agricraft in this pack :) As for the Coin to Voucher system, I have since hit Tin tier at 100 and unlocked 9:1 and 45:5 exchanges, so yeah, just a note in the quest to clarify sounds good, it does seem to be working fine.

Another suggestion if I may - have you considered disabling the Weeds mechanic in AgriCraft? As best as I can tell, it just makes crop breeding/upgrading more tedious and there doesn't seem to be a way to automate it. The basic idea is that as you upgrade your crops by letting them spread they gain a stat that makes them more likely to spread rather than letting weeds spread, but when you first start out with fresh seeds you end up with a lot of weeds growing on your double crossed Crops so you have to sit there and babysit it, knocking down the weeds and setting up new Crops. I'm not against tedious things that you can then develop systems to do for you (to me that is kind of the main idea of modded Minecraft) but tedious things that can never be automated away are just not fun. That's just for my style, though, and so I just bring it up as something to consider.

I'm really liking the way Magical Crops seeds are in tiered loot bags, it gives me a purpose for strip mining metals to crate up and send in for coins :)

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! :D Really looking forward to the 0.0.4 update now ;) Glad to hear it is coming out really soon (although sorry that a game breaking crash with ME stuff is what is forcing you to push the update out so quickly!)

For now, time to strip mine ALL the metals to get ALL the coins to get ALL the Magical Crops seeds because later this week after the patch it will be time to upgrade all those seeds :D

swuba

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus christ the mobs, I look at the water and I see cthulhu just chilling there, without further ado I run the hell away, for obvious reasons.
Then there's ****** dinosaurs, I run away yet again. Afterwards I try to chop a tree down, tiny tree falls out and starts attacking me.
Is there anything in this map that doesn't attack you? It terrifies me! :(

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
Jesus christ the mobs, I look at the water and I see cthulhu just chilling there, without further ado I run the hell away, for obvious reasons.
Then there's ****** dinosaurs, I run away yet again. Afterwards I try to chop a tree down, tiny tree falls out and starts attacking me.
I find that the best way to deal with this is to either run away very fast or start screaming loudly while hitting things until they die.:D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that gets toned down a lot in 0.0.4, don't worry. I'm not sure what changed when I updated Lycanites between 0.0.2 and 0.0.3 but it injected pure hatred into the mob spawning algorithms :eek:

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Having a problem with veinminer not working at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I tried turning it on to auto but that didn't seem to do it.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Having a problem with veinminer not working at all. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I tried turning it on to auto but that didn't seem to do it.
What tool are you using and what material are you trying to mine?

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Veinminer works for me on most things if I use a starter Stone Pickaxe from TiCo or a Vanilla Iron Pickaze, I just have to hold Shift (to sneak/crouch) and then mine an ore and it will mine the vein. Interestingly, this does not work for Redstone, perhaps because it isn't exactly an 'Ore' per se.

Working on the Supply quests, I know you had mentioned here that you were fixing the Large Rare Metal contract so no worries there, but for the normal Rare Metals Contract there does not seem to be a recipe to put any sort of Uranium in a Crate to make a Rare Metal Supply Crate (even though the quest page says that Uranium 238 is an option.) NEI uses for the Crate doesn't show anything with Uranium, though. Just a heads up.

Confession time, I was actually going trying to abuse a bit of a bug when I found this out. The idea was to use a Digital Miner to pull up Yellorium, process it, combine it in all 9 slots of a crafting table to make a Uranium Block (which you had noted earlier in this thread was causing an issue with turning in Large Rare Metals part because that recipe is overriding the default Yellorium Block recipe) and then put that Uranium Block back in the crafting grid by itself to 'unpack' it into 9 Uranium 238, effectively transforming Yellorium (which is 2 ingots per Uncommon Supply Crate) into Uranium 238 (which, at least according to the quest page, should be 1 Rare Supply Crate per 1 Ingot-y thing.)