[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried everything from a flint pickaxe to a stone/iron pickaxe to mine copper. Various shovels to dig up gravel. Various axes to take down trees.

Edited:
Just changed it over to needing to sneak for it to work. Still isn't working for me.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Interestingly, this does not work for Redstone, perhaps because it isn't exactly an 'Ore' per se.
Actually its cause when you start mining a Redstone block, it changes block ID's to the 'glowing' version. Its a bit low on my priority list right now, but I need to connect Unlit and Lit redstone ore together, as well as each Dense version of an ore to the regular version.

Confession time
Not surprised, the change of yellorium/uranium shenanigans threw a loop into the setup.

there does not seem to be a recipe to put any sort of Uranium in a Crate to make a Rare Metal Supply Crate (even though the quest page says that Uranium 238 is an option.
With the update, IC2 uranium ore will break down into Yellorium instead, by the looks of it.

I've tried everything from a flint pickaxe to a stone/iron pickaxe to mine copper. Various shovels to dig up gravel. Various axes to take down trees.

Edited:
Just changed it over to needing to sneak for it to work. Still isn't working for me.
That is...very strange. Are you holding Sneak for the entire thing until after it breaks? Have you rebound Sneak to another key?

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
That is...very strange. Are you holding Sneak for the entire thing until after it breaks? Have you rebound Sneak to another key?

Pulled up the mods list to see if I could figure out why it is doing this. I'm happy to say it now works after updating my version on vein miner. I'm not sure what went wrong but I had a version that was three updates ago (of mod updates not modpack). Go figure...this has been happening to me a lot recently...I think my FTB launcher dislikes me.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Pulled up the mods list to see if I could figure out why it is doing this. I'm happy to say it now works after updating my version on vein miner. I'm not sure what went wrong but I had a version that was three updates ago (of mod updates not modpack). Go figure...this has been happening to me a lot recently...I think my FTB launcher dislikes me.
Not the first 'weird' issue I've had with Vein Miner, I've had it delete itself from my mods more than once before the first public release of the pack.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up I believe that Inventory tweaks 1.59 dev 152 is causing a significant amount of lag over time.

Noticed that the more I interacted with containers and crafting tables that the client would continue to slow down more and more until it would take upwards of 15 seconds for it to unfreeze when opening a chest (after only about 15-20 min of play and would require logout and back into the world to fix) so I removed Inventory tweaks 1.59 dev 152 and played just fine for over an hour with no issues at all so since there are no newer 1.59 versions for 1.7.10 I reverted to 1.58 rev 147 and lag is still gone.

Reactions: Qanthelas

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads up I believe that Inventory tweaks 1.59 dev 152 is causing a significant amount of lag over time.
Hmmm, this might explain a few things. I don't have enough time to finish the final tests of the 0.0.4 update tonight, but I'll downgrade and test things while I finish up. I'll hopefully be able to submit it early tomorrow afternoon.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Yo Caigan :D thanks
the update fixed my problem
I CAN NOW PLAY THE PACK :D yay
Good to hear!

I reverted to 1.58 rev 147 and lag is still gone.
I found if I left my game in the Esc menu while loaded in a single player game for 30+ minutes, I wouldn't be able to open chests until I restarted. I left it overnight like this after downgrading and the issue went away, so yeah will be downgrading Inventory Tweaks in 0.0.4. Thank you for helping me figure out this weird issue =)

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having what I have to assume is a bug with Mekanism, but it is helping me a lot :p

See this screenshot for reference: http://puu.sh/gjNFS/97df72d2c5.jpg

Mekanism machines that have a bar in the middle like the way an Osmium Ingot becomes 200 units of Liquid Osmium in the screenshot (for making Obsidian Ingots) and also others like the Oxygen bar in a similar place in Purification Chamber for ore tripling seem to be stuck, as in they do not get used up. 1 Osmium has in the screenshot made 32 Obsidian Ingots without dropping from the original 200 units. While certainly convenient for me, I have to assume it is some kind of bug.

EDIT: This seems to be somehow related to putting more Energy Upgrades in the machine as originally my Purification Chamber seemed to be using up that Oxygen but as I added more and more Energy Upgrades it seemed to stop using the Oxygen altogether. The Osmium Compressor in the screenshot is at S: 3X E: 7X.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having what I have to assume is a bug with Mekanism, but it is helping me a lot
Ahh, looks to be a bug in the version of mekanism we're using. I'll update Mekanism as well. Still in final testing stages of the 0.0.4 update, Mondays are usually 'very' busy for me, so my apologies everyone.

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
This is really good can't wait for the update this is one of the like 4 modpacks I'm playing right now.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay folks, the update has been submitted to the FTB team. I snuck in a few last minute fixes as well for some issues that cropped up, but I'm pretty sure I missed a few issues brought up to me elsewhere. We'll see.
Buncha new quests and new toys and new things =)

EDIT : I also snuck in an Aura Cascade update at the last moment as one of my private testers, as soon as I hit submit, yelled "CAIGAN THE SERVER CRASHED" :cool:

Last edited:

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found another bug with the quest system and this one is quite exploitable so I'm going to put it in spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't want to know (since it probably can't be patched until the next update since the 0.0.4 is already submitted.)

After turning in the 25 Shop Voucher "Dimensional Testing - Common" quest, the next two Dimlet quests are instantly open and claimable. I figured no huge deal there, claimed them and went on, but now it looks like every time I close and re-open the Q.U.E.S.T. Tablet I can once again claim the "Dimensional Testing - Uncommon" reward, effectively giving me an infinite supply of Uncommon RF Tool Dimlet Crates. I noticed this right as I hit the Emerald tier and unlocked the Emerald Exchange Rate quest. I think Creative Mode testing might need to be done to see if this glitch becomes available at a certain Shop Loyalty Points rank or if it is available as soon as you unlock the Uncommon level quest.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found another bug with the quest system and this one is quite exploitable so I'm going to put it in spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't want to know (since it probably can't be patched until the next update since the 0.0.4 is already submitted.)
Oh dear, thats not good. Added it to my list of bugs to check when I get a chance. Thanks!

manevilus

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone notices, but once you load the pack on the game type(Single/multi etc.) screen, for 0.0.3, it says 0.0.2 I double checked my version numbers to be sure.....also, this pack is awesome :)
EDITED FOR REDUNDANCY:Also, I dont know if this is purposeful, but I have been through quite a few chunks between 0 and 24, and it seems gold ore is virtually non existent, am I just crazy?

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if anyone notices, but once you load the pack on the game type(Single/multi etc.) screen, for 0.0.3, it says 0.0.2 I double checked my version numbers to be sure.....also, this pack is awesome :)
EDITED FOR REDUNDANCY:Also, I dont know if this is purposeful, but I have been through quite a few chunks between 0 and 24, and it seems gold ore is virtually non existent, am I just crazy?
Yeah, I forgot to annotate that properly. 0.0.4 is showing right, don't worry

As to the second, I didn't touch gold ore generation at all, and on my servers and single player testing it hasnt' seemed low. I can do some more testing in 0.0.4 though to check.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
Ahha! I think I figured out what the problem is. I just turned in some more Coins for Vouchers and here's what happened:

The Uncommon and Rare "Dimensional Testing" quests seem to be only 'check if player has item in inventory' rather than 'consume item from inventory'. When I got up over 125 vouchers in my inventory, the Rare quest for Dimlets also went to being claimable and is claimable every time I close and reopen the QUEST Tablet. When I spent some vouchers and got below 50 in my inventory the 2 "Dimensional Testing" quests are no longer showing claimable so yeah, I think it is safe to say that just switching the quest from 'check for' to 'consume' should do the trick :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ahha! I think I figured out what the problem is. I just turned in some more Coins for Vouchers and here's what happened:

The Uncommon and Rare "Dimensional Testing" quests seem to be only 'check if player has item in inventory' rather than 'consume item from inventory'. When I got up over 125 vouchers in my inventory, the Rare quest for Dimlets also went to being claimable and is claimable every time I close and reopen the QUEST Tablet. When I spent some vouchers and got below 50 in my inventory the 2 "Dimensional Testing" quests are no longer showing claimable so yeah, I think it is safe to say that just switching the quest from 'check for' to 'consume' should do the trick :)
Ooo, I know what happened there

When I was constructing those quests, it was a little after adding NBTdata support to blind bags. I was using my Test Bag to see if I had it down right. I didn't, game crashed (this is another reason we added the error-crash prevention code to blind bags last release). I hadn't saved the HQM book quest changes I had done, which included switching those to Consume.