[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm didnt know they needed iron, the electrical steel and iron are so closely in looks hard to tell but that might fix my problem let me check
Yeah, thats gotten me more than once while I was testing recipes and stuff.
It was hard to find that its a Spider, Skeleton and Zombie spawner. Sure its logical and simple, but can be solved via quest description if you cant change item names inside book.
Rewinding to this issue earlier, I just checked it, and I do state the three you need in the right hand side of the book for that quest =) I use both locations to explain how to do things and other little hints and tidbits.

EDIT : Oops, I just realized as I'm working on the next update, I broke the Ore shipments in the store. They work fine but they will NOT be visible when unlocked. Sorry!

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan mind for next update making ores buyable would help with the shortage of gold ore spawning? and the iron and electrical steel was the problem got the quest done. Also wondering if u got any ideas how to solve my tree farm mob infestation thats occuring not sure if i just wanna stick a grinder and a fence around the area and work itself out. mindful wondering if the ferret item drops work with grinder?

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to point out a possible issue that there is currently nothing Caigan can do about other than remove Bibliocraft but just pointing it out so people can be aware of it and avoid the issue somewhat.

When you are in your inventory try to avoid having NEI displaying items for Bibliocraft since apparently the rendering method used for bibliocraft is extremely inefficient and triples rendering lag which in turn can cause decreased TPS and overall lag as the server get further and further behind on tasks. This can be seen in the attached screenshot where the high spikes are NEI screens with bibliocraft and the low points do not. Also may be in your best interest to limit the number of Bibliocraft blocks in your base.

This is a known issue on Bibliocraft https://github.com/Nuchaz/BiblioCraft/issues/201 so if you are experiencing lag while using inventory try to reduce the number of items NEI shows by putting a space or 2 in the search box so no items are rendered until you actually need to look up a recipe.

Attachments

• 2015-03-05_17.00.13.png
    2015-03-05_17.00.13.png
    500.5 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Qanthelas

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to point out a possible issue that there is currently nothing Caigan can do about other than remove Bibliocraft
Actually, I can do SOMETHING to alleviate it until the In World rendering stuff is improved. There is a mod called InpureCore in the pack, but I haven't activated all its NEI Filters yet, mostly because its not clear that you can make something with various types of wood at the beginning, and I'm trying to figure out how best to make that clear =)

It is already activated on Forge Microblocks, you will only see one recipe for each TYPE of microblock when searching, to show you how to do it. I will activate it Buildcraft (facades) and Bibliocraft sometime soon.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I can do SOMETHING to alleviate it until the In World rendering stuff is improved. There is a mod called InpureCore in the pack, but I haven't activated all its NEI Filters yet, mostly because its not clear that you can make something with various types of wood at the beginning, and I'm trying to figure out how best to make that clear =)

It is already activated on Forge Microblocks, you will only see one recipe for each TYPE of microblock when searching, to show you how to do it. I will activate it Buildcraft (facades) and Bibliocraft sometime soon.

Ah ok. I didn't know about Inpurecore and just wanted to point out the issue with Bibliocraft rendering so people would be able to avoid it till it was fixed by mod-maker so that people didn't think it was something wrong with the pack itself.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok. I didn't know about Inpurecore and just wanted to point out the issue with Bibliocraft rendering so people would be able to avoid it till it was fixed by mod-maker so that people didn't think it was something wrong with the pack itself.
Yep, thank you for that! I'm trying to find all the ways I can to reduce lag, especially in a heavy kitchen sink pack like this is. =)

I mean, that doesn't include cutting out a mod if I can help it =v

Reactions: merlin43210

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I've progressed through switching all the reward bags to be much clearer (think I had to change about 500 rewards to the new bags, since many quests have 1 to 2 bags always given, + 1 to 2 bags as choosable rewards).

Also working, as always, on reducing lag in various ways. I'm going to activate Inpure Core's filtering on Bibliocraft and Buildcraft, and add a tooltip to the item that comes up in an NEI search about how you can make alternate versions. This should definitely help things.

If my personal testing goes okay, 0.0.5 will also be updating Forge to 1307, as 1291 has a few very rare bugs that lead to crashes and performance issues for some folks.

Qanthelas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really excited about the progress you're making on this pack, keep it up! :) I'm also impatiently waiting for 0.0.4 to finally hit the launcher - every time I open the FTB launcher, I keep thinking maybe this will be the time it shows 0.0.4 in the version drop down, but nope, not yet at least :p

I just had a crash and I think it was really my own fault but I'll post it here. First, the logs on Pastebin.

Crash Report File: http://pastebin.com/1jSQH8ZP
Relevant section of Minecraft Log file: http://pastebin.com/sB16BQHV

I have been turning in the various repeatable metals supply contract quests and had stocked up around 7 or 8 stacks of coins. I just hit the Diamond Tier for a 5:1 trade in and after doing a 5:1 once I went to the 25:5 quest and in my over exuberance at having unlocked the highest tier I started rapidly clicking the "Manual submit" and "Claim reward" buttons. I appear to have spam clicked them so fast/much that it made my game crash. Minecraft showed a closing message on the screen then closed and the log window for FTB finished up its logging and closed, so it was a fairly graceful crash (didn't lock up my computer or anything like that.)

I'm guessing the secret to fixing this one is "Don't spam the buttons so fast" but I figured I'd post it here :p

I have since re-opened the FTB launcher (got disappointed that 0.0.4 still wasn't there :p ) and got back into my game and it seems to have loaded fine with no problems. The 25:5 exchange quest was redeemable when I logged in so it appears to have registered the "Manual submit" but then choked on the "Claim reward" part just before it crashed.

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Just though of a few add-on mods that may be good to add to the pack that won't negatively effect balance or performance.

Thaumic energistics and Extra cells add-ons for AE2.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Just though of a few add-on mods that may be good to add to the pack that won't negatively effect balance or performance.

Thaumic energistics and Extra cells add-ons for AE2.
Extra Cells is definitely one I will probably add, when I was first putting the pack together it wasn't updated and I had forgotten about it.

Thaumic Energistics I'm still on the fence about atm, I'll give it another serious look after 0.0.4 gets up on the launcher and I iron out new bugs folks find.