[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should double check the gold ore gen since i may have a total of 30-40 total gold ore spawn for me and i mined a pretty big area to be sure maybe its the area I mined in but never had trouble with extreme hills and gold before.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I think you should double check the gold ore gen since i may have a total of 30-40 total gold ore spawn for me and i mined a pretty big area to be sure maybe its the area I mined in but never had trouble with extreme hills and gold before.
Well, before this version, I had edited the wrong COFHCore file, so it was using vanilla ore spawn for vanilla ores (instead of it being controlled via COFHCore). I fixed that for 0.0.4 so hopefully that increases gold gen, if not I'll bump it up a bit more for 0.0.5

EDIT : Just peaked at the Vanilla generation json for COFHcore and gold is set to be near as rare as Diamond, which feels off to me. I'll toy with bumping it up a bit for 0.0.5.

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
well i solved my problem before i even started but i try not to use the Ex-Nihilo mods unless its for lava production which i than using Ender IO to keep my Stirling Engines full of lava and always full makes good early to mid game power until i work near end game with lots of resources. Other than the gold i think a bug with the nether and shade and phantoms spawning in darkness couldn't move 5 feet without having the message come up again and putting a torch down, took forever to find glow stone this way.

AgeSS

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to show my appreciation and say thanks, please continue your great work!

When will 0.0.4 be available for download as I'm having a lot of lag issues? I've downgraded my invent tweaks to see if that helps any.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
well i solved my problem before i even started but i try not to use the Ex-Nihilo mods unless its for lava production which i than using Ender IO to keep my Stirling Engines full of lava and always full makes good early to mid game power until i work near end game with lots of resources. Other than the gold i think a bug with the nether and shade and phantoms spawning in darkness couldn't move 5 feet without having the message come up again and putting a torch down, took forever to find glow stone this way.
Mm, well don't have ex nihilo in this pack. Yeah, I'll be upping the gold generation for 0.0.5.

Phantoms and Shades and Grues should not do attacks in the darkness with 0.0.4 either.

I just wanted to show my appreciation and say thanks, please continue your great work!

When will 0.0.4 be available for download as I'm having a lot of lag issues? I've downgraded my invent tweaks to see if that helps any.
0.0.4 is in the FTB Team's queue right now for the launcher, and that usually takes a day or two, up to a week. Soon!

As for lag, a few suggestions
  1. Make sure you are only allocating around 4 gigs of memory in the FTB Launcher, I've found that helps a lot.
  2. Make sure you are on latest Java 8
  3. Disable Journeymap
  4. Add Optifine

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting modpack. But can you fix something in quest tablet, becouse everything around it?
I vote for showing quality of rewards. Like quality of Blind bags?
And some quest angry me, when consume recently crafted items and no turning them back, like Enchanter Table. Or this is concept of mod? But it can be "Crafting task", not a "Consume task".
Some quests required different items, but show only common description. Like Mob Spawners. And inside quest description i wish detalied text about this. It was hard to find that its a Spider, Skeleton and Zombie spawner. Sure its logical and simple, but can be solved via quest description if you cant change item names inside book.
Thx for the pack \o/

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I vote for showing quality of rewards. Like quality of Blind bags?
Unfortunately this one is an issue with HQM. I can rename the reward bags with MineTweaker, but they will all display as the name of the last one tweaked (So, if I name each tier bag "Cheap" "Decent" "Good" "Amazing", ALL the reward bags get named "Amazing")

I think I know a workaround for this, but it'll take some time as I'll have to update every single quest.

And some quest angry me, when consume recently crafted items and no turning them back, like Enchanter Table
Some quests have early items required to be consumed vs just holding. Its mentioned in text for those Quests. Unless its a Contract quest, I usually limit the 'tier' of item you need to turn in to a single Diamond worth at most.

I'll look at those quests again and either up the reward or have them hand the item back to you.

Some quests required different items, but show only common description. Like Mob Spawners. And inside quest description i wish detalied text about this. It was hard to find that its a Spider, Skeleton and Zombie spawner.
Huh, I could have sworn I had labeled the three spawners in the book. I'll put it in my tracker to check those quests. Sorry about that.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Whelp, already working on 0.0.5 even though 4 isn't on the launcher yet =) I'm fixing up quest reward stuff to be clearer, starting work on unifying machine outputs.

Just doing this I've found a few quests with issues I've fixed along the way as well. I'm also considering which major mod(s) to do their main questlines for next now.

Reactions: Qanthelas and AgeSS

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so lost its not even funny Caigan maybe you know how to solve this problem i'm having again. Trying to figure out why the runic altar isnt accepting mana to make my runes, i thought it was fixed when i put it 2 blocks away form the spreader like before but its not even working after having moved it to the other 2 sides. Curious if you happen to know what this problem is and how to fix it?

MeowXsis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so lost its not even funny Caigan maybe you know how to solve this problem i'm having again. Trying to figure out why the runic altar isnt accepting mana to make my runes, i thought it was fixed when i put it 2 blocks away form the spreader like before but its not even working after having moved it to the other 2 sides. Curious if you happen to know what this problem is and how to fix it?
If you post a screenshot. I may be of assistance also, Caigan. Nice modpack but im gonna hold off playing it further till the quest lines are completed :)

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The usual issue with this is forgetting to bind the mana spreaders to the runic altar or having the wrong items. Also activating it with your wand of the forest.
If you post a screenshot. I may be of assistance also, Caigan. Nice modpack but im gonna hold off playing it further till the quest lines are completed :)
No problem ! Thanks for at least giving it a peak =)

MeowXsis

Jul 29, 2019
The usual issue with this is forgetting to bind the mana spreaders to the runic altar or having the wrong items. Also activating it with your wand of the forest.

No problem ! Thanks for at least giving it a peak =)
Also, just a suggestion. Would it be possible to have the first quest grant an iron sword or something? The mobs actually forced me to turn to peaceful till I got iron weapons (Still have to hop back and forth BTW) because all sorts of ranged baddies were laze-ring me down constantly

Possibly, leather armor as well. Just to make the early game not complete hell =3

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just a suggestion. Would it be possible to have the first quest grant an iron sword or something? The mobs actually forced me to turn to peaceful till I got iron weapons (Still have to hop back and forth BTW) because all sorts of ranged baddies were laze-ring me down constantly

Possibly, leather armor as well. Just to make the early game not complete hell =3
0.0.4 lessens the amount of dangerous insane amount of lycanites mobs and the starting quest rewards are redone to give a a bit of armor and defensive tools
@Caigan HELP third quest on Botnia's quest line isnt lest me finish the quest, even though everything is turned in
This seems to happen rarely with HQM. Restart the game , if it's still bugged, use /hqm edit playername and use the special book to clear and auto complete the quest

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Nvm i brain farted big time lol mana spread to runic altar wasnt attached to pool lol V.V and on a side note anyone know a way to make use of the tree mob that spawn when using MFR tree farm set up? thinking some fencing and a grinder but if anyone has a better idea i'll love to hear it.

Edit: quick question anyone eles having problems with the buffers from Ender IO not being craftable? i have the items to make them but after i put into crafting table nothing shows up, used both normal and tinkers tables as a test and nothing happened.

Last edited:

MeowXsis

Jul 29, 2019
This seems to happen rarely with HQM. Restart the game , if it's still bugged, use /hqm edit playername and use the special book to clear and auto complete the quest

Thanks~ Also, very impressive. Working on a modpack by yourself. I'd like to do one myself. But I don't have the knowledge or experience to edit the mod files and such. I'd be willing to help write quests for FB (Ferret Business) I used to role-play alot back a couple years ago. So my writing skills has gotten better. Cheers

AF_Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Before it seems like all i am is a noob, I want to say I'm loving your pack Caigan. I plan on making a YT series when I understand more of it and can do it with my fiance.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks~ Also, very impressive. Working on a modpack by yourself. I'd like to do one myself. But I don't have the knowledge or experience to edit the mod files and such. I'd be willing to help write quests for FB (Ferret Business) I used to role-play alot back a couple years ago. So my writing skills has gotten better. Cheers
Thank you! And thank you for the offer, though not really looking for more writers right now for it. =)

quick question anyone eles having problems with the buffers from Ender IO not being craftable?
Make sure you are using electrical steel in the + and regular iron in the corners. If its not craftable, it should be fixed in 0.0.4 as I tested it just now

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you are using electrical steel in the + and regular iron in the corners. If its not craftable, it should be fixed in 0.0.4 as I tested it just now

hmmm didnt know they needed iron, the electrical steel and iron are so closely in looks hard to tell but that might fix my problem let me check