[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
Minor nitpick/suggestion: since amassing a huge amount of resources is a big (if not the biggest) part of this modpack, (to me) ore doubling becomes essential (at least in the early-to-mid game). That being said, could you remove the Auto Smelt from the list of random upgrades from Iguana Tinker Tweaks? I had the unpleasant surprise of receiving that on my decently-leveled pick the other day and it became slightly useless because I LOVE ore doubling and even after I automate stuff, I still like to go on manual mining trips. (haven't tried it on all ores, but it definitely smelts iron)

Reactions: Pudding01

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Minor nitpick/suggestion: since amassing a huge amount of resources is a big (if not the biggest) part of this modpack, (to me) ore doubling becomes essential (at least in the early-to-mid game). That being said, could you remove the Auto Smelt from the list of random upgrades from Iguana Tinker Tweaks? I had the unpleasant surprise of receiving that on my decently-leveled pick the other day and it became slightly useless because I LOVE ore doubling and even after I automate stuff, I still like to go on manual mining trips. (haven't tried it on all ores, but it definitely smelts iron)

Go to TFB folder>minecraft>config>IguanaTinkerTweaks and open main.cfg. Scroll down to the section named #randombonuses and change the ones you don't want to occur to false.

I especially hate fiery on my swords, damned enderman repellant ;)

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
If you get fortune three and auto smelt you can make more than double.

True that. But that doesn't really fit my play style , because I usually add all the extra modifiers I can when I create the tool and use them up from the beginning, so that would mean that I would either have to wait for an extra modifier from leveling up or a bonus fortune modifier; and given the insane TiCo tools leveling progression in this pack, I would rather not.

Go to TFB folder>minecraft>config>IguanaTinkerTweaks and open main.cfg. Scroll down to the section named #randombonuses and change the ones you don't want to occur to false.

I especially hate fiery on my swords, damned enderman repellant ;)

Thanks for the tip, I already did that after I'd gotten the modifier. :D So, in the future, no more auto-smelt automatically.

Anyway, thank you both for your input; I guess this is more of a personal play style preference and I will edit my configs on pack updates.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
True that. But that doesn't really fit my play style , because I usually add all the extra modifiers I can when I create the tool and use them up from the beginning, so that would mean that I would either have to wait for an extra modifier from leveling up or a bonus fortune modifier; and given the insane TiCo tools leveling progression in this pack, I would rather not.

Well, if you use a paper binding, you get one automatic modifier (for the fortune) and the paper adds one for the auto-smelt. Plus there's the extra modifier options you can add on, and the first few modifiers come pretty quickly. After that, I'd recommend a Nether mining trip (I go near the upper bedrock to avoid drilling onto a ledge full of enemies) for a few hours. I did that with a mostly-paper hammer and got tons of resources and managed to get enough unbreaking on it that it's now unbreakable with fortune III and I believe a bit of haste.
EDIT: I recommend doing this with a wooden hammer and keeping a manyullyn pick with you, that way it's cheap to repair and you can use the pick to eke out the ores. (Or, you could just not repair it and use a fully-redstoned TiCon traveller's gloves and let it gain XP from mining while broken.)

On a similar note, my standard battle cleaver is up to 80% beheading chance with looting III and a full load of quartz (the first 24 of it came from a free modifier; it may also have gotten a bit of unbreaking that way too). I'm working on a boss-killer with one moss, looting III, and a ton of quartz.
Secondary edit, I have a Wither head. Not a wither skeleton skull. The (a?) head of the Wither, courtesy of 80% beheading chance and Headcrumbs.

Last edited:

DarthRuler1

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you use a paper binding, you get one automatic modifier (for the fortune) and the paper adds one for the auto-smelt. Plus there's the extra modifier options you can add on, and the first few modifiers come pretty quickly. After that, I'd recommend a Nether mining trip (I go near the upper bedrock to avoid drilling onto a ledge full of enemies) for a few hours. I did that with a mostly-paper hammer and got tons of resources and managed to get enough unbreaking on it that it's now unbreakable with fortune III and I believe a bit of haste.
Nice

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

After posting that I went on my lunch break and re-did the math in my head and I realized that my initial argument was feeble at best. 1 modifier by default for new tools + paper binding = 2 modifiers from the start; not to mention that a block of gold and a diamond are not that hard to come by, so potentially 3. Which gives plenty of room for repair and loads of lapis. I don't usually do haste on my pick, but on the mining hammer, and I don't make an issue out of durability (I usually get bored with mining by the time the pick is close to breaking and go back to my base anyway to do other stuff).

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't come across Smite yet on my swords, I have no clue what mDyio was thinking with that design. Smite is my auto-never-use-this-again modifier.

Can't wait for 0.1! Then I can make that video of opening up a bunch of bags! Kinda glad I haven't actually done any quests.

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't come across Smite yet on my swords, I have no clue what mDyio was thinking with that design. Smite is my auto-never-use-this-again modifier.

Can't wait for 0.1! Then I can make that video of opening up a bunch of bags! Kinda glad I haven't actually done any quests.
Why is it your "Never use this again"? It's not hurting anything right?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
While the discussion is Tinker's Construct-based, everyone take out your highest-looting sword when you see Notch running amok. Guy drops Notch apples (the ones made of gold blocks) which are a component in yellow heart canisters or can be melted down for those eight blocks of gold.

inclinedtoserve

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else have a wall of barrels just devoted to research materials, coins, and vouchers?
i swear i have spent most of my resources just to improve storage. ah well.

Mr.lyht

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Caigan :D Great Modpack!

I had some lill bugs, sometimes the witche's oven simply won't work. Oak and Birch mostly.. also, hope the update comes soon :D

(English is not my first language, I'm sorry for any mistake)

Shino_chan

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i found a little mistake in the magical crop's seed bag (the "Energetic magic seed bag" to be precise)
It give the same items from the Heavy metals seed bag even if should give different ones; i traded one in game and got iron seed so i tested out with 16 more (creative mode) and all gave wrong seeds, the Heavy bag is fine so the aren't inverted