[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after a bit of NEI walking, I stumbled across the Forestry "Vazbee" which is only obtainable by putting itself in a full mana pool. I can guess it's a reference to Botania's dev Vazkii, and I assume it's a person-specific bee that spawns in the starting inventory of anyone with the username of Vazkii. Anyone have any solid info on this?

EDIT: Also found the Jaded bee, which I'm fairly certain is for Jadedcat.

Also, completely aside, I can't wait to get into Twilight Forest so I can start murdering all the mobs it adds in for their pretty, pretty heads.

Semi-related to the previous, and chance we'll be seeing a few more types of Lycanite's mobs spawning @Caigan ? I dunno why, but I feel the urge to collect the heads of everything I can, now that I've got a 70% chance beheading cleaver. (Maybe have some spawn in various other dimensions? Like foresty ones only spawning in the Twilight Forest, or grues and other shadow mobs only spawning in the Deep Dark?)

Since I'm on a thinking roll, has anyone tried fighting the Wither in the spectral key dimension thing? It shouldn't be able to break out of the room, so if you can kill it faster than it can kill you, in theory it should work. can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after a bit of NEI walking, I stumbled across the Forestry "Vazbee" which is only obtainable by putting itself in a full mana pool.
This is a bug in current version of Magic Bees, I believe.

But stuff like the Vazbee and Jaded Bee are definitely references to those mod authors.

chance we'll be seeing a few more types of Lycanite's mobs spawning
No, mostly all the ones I've disabled I've done so for specific reasons : Concapedes can multiply and connect in very odd ways that cause issues, like squid spawns did, for example.

Since I'm on a thinking roll, has anyone tried fighting the Wither in the spectral key dimension thing?
I 'think' mobs spawning is disabled in the Spectre Dimension. You're better bet would probably be a compact machine or something, I believe.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
No, mostly all the ones I've disabled I've done so for specific reasons : Concapedes can multiply and connect in very odd ways that cause issues, like squid spawns did, for example.

I 'think' mobs spawning is disabled in the Spectre Dimension. You're better bet would probably be a compact machine or something, I believe.

Durn to that first one (I may change my own configs a bit), and awesome to the second, I didn't know about the spawning (probably) being off and I didn't think about the compact machines. Honestly, when it comes to just limiting damage/loot scatter/movement, compact machines seems a lot easier to get around to as opposed to making reinforced obsidian or getting up to warded stuff in Thaumcraft.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
uEV1jbQ.png

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
While I know that DE has its own book/manual, you won't be able to craft or quest for it for now since the progression is not quite the same. Thus the instruction book above I made.

I do love that the mod's manual takes into account modified recipes when displaying item info.

Reactions: Dove Krindia

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
uEV1jbQ.png

And what do you wanna bet that after this gets added, there'll be a million and one posts going, "why does i needs sand and cobelstoon in te ritule?"

Still, though, a checkerboard pattern ends up making a really nice looking circle-esque pattern because of how the pillars sit.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
And what do you wanna bet that after this gets added, there'll be a million and one posts going, "why does i needs sand and cobelstoon in te ritule?"

Still, though, a checkerboard pattern ends up making a really nice looking circle-esque pattern because of how the pillars sit.

I was thinking the same thing.lol However, if I remember the ritual get used up/destroyed after you use it. If that's the case making it look good is not going to happen. Other wise I would also do a pattern as well.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking the same thing.lol However, if I remember the ritual get used up/destroyed after you use it. If that's the case making it look good is not going to happen. Other wise I would also do a pattern as well.

Huh, I've never really messed with DE before, does it eat up the non-component blocks too (the sand and cobblestone in this case)?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh geez, I meant to get this out tonight but I was busy making the manuals and that took longer than I thought...I'm going to do cleaning and packaging of the update tonight, and do final 'clean room' testing (extracting to a brand new instance to test things to make sure they don't explode) before uploading and submitting tomorrow.

Huh, I've never really messed with DE before, does it eat up the non-component blocks too (the sand and cobblestone in this case)?
Nah, the resurrection ritual only eats the rest of the blocks (quartz, diamond, charged draconium, obsidian, and glowstone).

l4YrABZ.png

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, the resurrection ritual only eats the rest of the blocks (quartz, diamond, charged draconium, obsidian, and glowstone).

Ahh, okay, I thought that was how that was, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask to make sure. Also, your manuals look awesome from what I've been seeing. (And dear god, that dark soularium jetplate is just sadistic.)

EDIT: @Caigan could you maybe up the rewards for the dark soularium jetplate quest in Exploring your World? An epic bag and a few dozen coins just do NOT equate to the literal stacks of materials put into the thing. I mean, I had to murder so many endermen, and if I hadn't gone on a ridiculous hammer-upgrading spree in the Nether, I wouldn't have had the iron, gold, or diamonds for that monstrosity. I mean, I understand not supercharging anyone with tons of epic tier bags, but honestly, that quest took so much time and resources (and math, lots of math) that the reward feels a bit lacking. (At least up the choice reward, I can get three basic bags from way easier quests, both as the standard and choice reward.) (I apologize for the rant, but that jetplate is pure evil.)

Also, for some reason the Infernal Mobs "boss" bar won't show anymore. I just recently killed a Wither, but I don't know if that's it or if I managed to hit something accidentally. The Wither had a bar when I fought it, and quitting and reentering the world won't solve the issue. Anyone know what's up?
EDIT: Whatever it was I did, reloading client seems to have fixed things.

Last edited:

GravityLens

Jul 29, 2019
Its hilarious. I was working on DE quests. Every time I spawned a Wyvern Pickaxe, it'd automatically recharge to full, which I didn't want. I was confused, till I wandered over to my EnderIO testing area and saw I had accidentally left the Wireless Charger hooked up to a Creative Energy Cell. I unhooked it, glanced over, saw the SAG Mill, and a little lightbulb popped up.

Edit : Bonus, I didn't even have to use Mine/Modtweaker...EnderIO has built in custom recipe handling via XML files.

Pure genius... I plan on restarting my world to experience the new update from the beginning.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
The files are now uploading and I am submitting them to the Third Party team. Had one or two gaffs from the custom SAGMill recipes (I didn't set up the Exclude list for the Grinding balls correctly) and a few quests which were still waiting for a specific trader rank to unlock, plus a few other bugs to iron out, but that's all worked out.

EDIT: @Caigan could you maybe up the rewards for the dark soularium jetplate quest in Exploring your World? An epic bag and a few dozen coins just do NOT equate to the literal stacks of materials put into the thing.
"The reward for work well done is more work!" No, not really, but I did up the reward a little bit.

Keep in mind the reward payout for most questlines is balanced to 'roughly' a guaranteed total of 1000 Job Title, 1000 Coins, and from there selective bonuses and reward bags.

I mean, one of the last quests for Extra Utilities is making all of the x64 generators...cause I'm evil. =)

Also, for some reason the Infernal Mobs "boss" bar won't show anymore.
This is a bug that happens occasionally, happens to other 'boss' type monsters in other mods too. Just restarting minecraft fixes it.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
"The reward for work well done is more work!" No, not really, but I did up the reward a little bit
"Accomplish the impossible, and it will be added to the list of your regular duties."

I mean, one of the last quests for Extra Utilities is making all of the x64 generators...cause I'm evil. =)
Wait, does that include a solar gen? And I thought I was short on diamonds now...

DragonSpirit12

Jul 29, 2019
I saw where you didn't want to add any large mods but if you could consider storage drawers I really enjoy that one for my storage alcoves also my wife and I love this pack keep up the good work