[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Shino_chan

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh that's why. The fix for the Ender Tank crash is detailed here.
Done everything, thanks fot the help :)
Should now simply launch the game or better disable ender storage, launch then log out, add ender storage again and load? I did this before to "delete" the tanks that made me crash

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm going to cheat complete the quests up to where I am and restore my rep, but you're getting all the fresh new blind bags over my dead body. XD

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan while i love the bags and that you make for storage maybe instead of them wimp bags and since we end up with so much resources maybe looking into compact storage for the builder to make your own colored bags/chest which you can control the size of? Was watching a episode of MF3 with it and i was like god i wish i could have that much room instead of a golden bag of holding.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan while i love the bags and that you make for storage maybe instead of them wimp bags and since we end up with so much resources maybe looking into compact storage for the builder to make your own colored bags/chest which you can control the size of? Was watching a episode of MF3 with it and i was like god i wish i could have that much room instead of a golden bag of holding.

I just watched a video on that mod, and I have to say it looks really cool. The size of the max chest, HOLY COW!! lol It's not really cheap to make them either so that's good.

I'm still waiting to see what is going to happen when Draconic Evolution get implemented in? Caigan, I have been trying to follow as much as I can, but was wonder what direction you are going to go with that mod? I have never used it yet, but watched a ton of videos on it, and was waiting to try it out in your pack.

Reactions: Pudding01

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

Spectral key. Problem solved.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just saying while i think the modpack is perfect i think the storage mods that are in this pack seem to have been overused in packs so i'm just suggesting maybe try something new? I think ever mod has a chance to shine but never gets to because of the overused mods that are convenient instead of trying to research on how to use them.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I must confess, TFB is the first pack I have ever done any Applied Energistics ... I can see why some folks make a bee line for it now

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just saying while i think the modpack is perfect i think the storage mods that are in this pack seem to have been overused in packs so i'm just suggesting maybe try something new? I think ever mod has a chance to shine but never gets to because of the overused mods that are convenient instead of trying to research on how to use them.

Oh i'm using all the storage mods included already - it's just that i use that one particularly for that one use only - and not even the more advanced portions of it :) Just the basic 2x2 with no upgrades - i'm odd :D but i like it for my pantry. It's not making the pack lack in any way and i don't even want any quests for it... i know i can add it myself - but i wouldn't do that until a modpack is completed so it won't conflict with anything planned.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
  • OpenPeripheral - http://www.openmods.info/
    • This is an add-on for ComputerCraft which can convert many blocks from all different mods into ComputerCraft peripherals.
    • Importend for cross mod compatibility.
Both of these are on my list to check out, due to cross compat, another one I'm looking into is Cart Fixes to fix a few issues with Steves Carts, but they won't be added until 0.1.1 at the earliest.

compact storage
I'm still very hesitant to add many more large mods, but I'll consider it. Looking at it, its a very small mod, so possibly.

I have been trying to follow as much as I can, but was wonder what direction you are going to go with that mod?
Basically, most of the recipes are going to be disabled for Draconic Evolution. Ore gen, ore meteors, etc are disabled as well. Everything you can get, save for mob souls and whatever the Ender Dragon drops, can only be done through purchasing them in the Corporate Shop.

This is, more or less, the exact thing I was going to do with DartCraft. Due to the extreme power of most of the items in the mod, I want them as a reward for completing a lot of quests and doing a lot of buying and selling. They will cost a whole lot of money, but keep in mind part of the incentive of Contracts is to make a factory setup eventually to have more and more money rolling in.

If you are wanting to use it in its natural format, I suggest poking about in another modpack like Tolkeincraft or something where its unaltered. =)

This is another 'maybe' one. I like it, and its not too big.

Actually I must confess, TFB is the first pack I have ever done any Applied Energistics ... I can see why some folks make a bee line for it now
To boot, keep in mind AE1 was tons simpler to start with and use, and it even more-so overshadowed other storage methods with how quickly you could make and expand an AE Network. AE2 made it a bit more difficult but also added a lot more to it as well. =)

-----------
Some things to keep in mind for everyone :

Right now, the issue with adding more mods is...its adding more mods. The size of the pack is fairly heavy, and each mod not only adds more load time, it also adds more things that can break with each update. So I need to tred careful, careful ground with each one I want to consider adding.

As much as I'd love to add everything and the kitchen sink, the bigger the modpack, the less folks that can play it, and the more problems I run into keeping everything going smoothly.

Reactions: kittana

kittana

Jul 29, 2019
-----------
Some things to keep in mind for everyone :

Right now, the issue with adding more mods is...its adding more mods. The size of the pack is fairly heavy, and each mod not only adds more load time, it also adds more things that can break with each update. So I need to tred careful, careful ground with each one I want to consider adding.

As much as I'd love to add everything and the kitchen sink, the bigger the modpack, the less folks that can play it, and the more problems I run into keeping everything going smoothly.

I love everything you've done with the pack - and believe me I understand the difficulties making a pack and making sure there aren't any conflicts, etc. So you can ignore my suggestion... it's not something that is absolutely required and doesn't add a lot to everyone's gameplay. (the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
I figure I may as well drop in and suggest Witching Gadgets again. That said, I more than understand trying to keep the pack from getting too big. I just really, really adore that arcane abacus for infusions. Plus a few functional Traveller's Gear items are always nice, as is the infernal blast furnace (and I wanna say it's Witching Gadgets that adds the search bar in the Thaumonomicon? I honestly don't recall, but I'm thinking yes).

EDIT: I figure I should also add that the pack doesn't seem to have an above-average load up time (all modded takes a minute or two for me), and there's just about no lag. The worst I get is the occasional second or so long lag micro-spike, but it seems to be something about modded overall that does that, as opposed to this particular pack.

EDIT EDIT: By the way, @Caigan I've just had a Jengu drop sulfur (as well as the occasional Silex I've told you about). I know the Nether-based Lycanite's mobs (and maybe other mods' Nether mobs? I don't recall) drop sulfur, but that makes sense. Maybe there's something making Nether mobs drop sulfur rarely and Silex and Jengu (and likely others) are considered Nether-based for those purposes? That's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT EDIT: By the way, @Caigan I've just had a Jengu drop sulfur (as well as the occasional Silex I've told you about). I know the Nether-based Lycanite's mobs (and maybe other mods' Nether mobs? I don't recall) drop sulfur, but that makes sense. Maybe there's something making Nether mobs drop sulfur rarely and Silex and Jengu (and likely others) are considered Nether-based for those purposes? That's the only thing I can think of.

Hm, looking it up, even Lycanites author is confused by this. Not sure whta would be adding it, but it doesn't really change too much so I'm not too worried about hunting down what mod is adding sulfur to their drops. =)

-----------

So, I might not get all the end game quests for Draconic Evolution fun items in...cause I just spent 2 hours figuring out how to and implementing a temporary way to automate turning in Contracts.

Just break out your Handy Dandy EnderIO SAG Mill and....

bTAFgmW.png

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
So, I might not get all the end game quests for Draconic Evolution fun items in...cause I just spent 2 hours figuring out how to and implementing a temporary way to automate turning in Contracts.

Just break out your Handy Dandy EnderIO SAG Mill and....

bTAFgmW.png

That's gloriously ingenious.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
That's gloriously ingenious.
Its hilarious. I was working on DE quests. Every time I spawned a Wyvern Pickaxe, it'd automatically recharge to full, which I didn't want. I was confused, till I wandered over to my EnderIO testing area and saw I had accidentally left the Wireless Charger hooked up to a Creative Energy Cell. I unhooked it, glanced over, saw the SAG Mill, and a little lightbulb popped up.

Edit : Bonus, I didn't even have to use Mine/Modtweaker...EnderIO has built in custom recipe handling via XML files.

Reactions: DarthRuler1