[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
a sort of revival of the old Equivalent Exchange 2 mod has popped up by the name of Project E.

Ehh, while that may sound like a good idea, Project E is very exploitable, even with rebalancing. For example, the Chisel mod can turn a stone brick into a mossy brick. A stone brick is 1 EMC, whereas the mossy brick is 794 EMC. With a transmutation tablet, you can learn the "recipie" for a stone brick, change it into a mossy brick with a chisel, then turn that into 794 more stone bricks, and repeat the process. You can use a diamond chisel to auto craft mossy bricks, pump those into a chest, and fill your inventory with them. Then, turn all those into regular stone bricks, pipe them into the auto chisel, and repeat. Nearly automated, exponential EMC growth!

And that's just the beginning of the insanity.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh flame particles start appearing below my feet and after a few seconds i explode....... what?

So you were just standing around doing nothing, having done nothing, and then you exploded? Maybe add some context, or look literally 4 posts above for someone talking about the exact same issue.

Ehh, while that may sound like a good idea, Project E is very exploitable, even with rebalancing. For example, the Chisel mod can turn a stone brick into a mossy brick. A stone brick is 1 EMC, whereas the mossy brick is 794 EMC. With a transmutation tablet, you can learn the "recipie" for a stone brick, change it into a mossy brick with a chisel, then turn that into 794 more stone bricks, and repeat the process. You can use a diamond chisel to auto craft mossy bricks, pump those into a chest, and fill your inventory with them. Then, turn all those into regular stone bricks, pipe them into the auto chisel, and repeat. Nearly automated, exponential EMC growth!

Yeah, I only suggested it, and a few posts down, I agreed that EE2 (and by extension ProjectE) had the main weakness of being pretty OP. You're not really covering anything that wasn't already covered.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Ah, I didn't see that. I only saw the suggestion. Sorry about that. I was giving an example of just how OP it can be.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Mine only crashed when I went a little crazy with handing in my coins.. clicked too fast and it crashed
This is usually where the crash happens. Secondary is 'when it feels like', usually when backing out of a quest to a page then to the page list really fast.

I believe in the EE2 remake, all ECM values can be set, though I'd have to double check that. If I were to add it, it'd be very tightly controlled what you could convert in and out of EMC.

I know the OPness, I ran servers back when hmod was a thing and stuff like industrial craft were new. I myself remember having Solar Flowers set up to mass produce dark/red matter, then different setups to break it down into other materials to make things. And I wasn't the worst offender in my servers. xD

-----------

On Real Life notes, we got approved for the apartment, so I'll be dealing with paperwork and logistics, our current roommates move out fully this weekend, so will be helping them with that. We (myself and my partner) don't move until June, but we have a lot of things we need to work out now that the apartment itself is secured.

Takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. Not all of it, but a lot of it. =)

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
Yay for Caigan, RL stress is not fun at all. A good 90% of the reason I youtube is to do something I enjoy, to forget the day to day stress implosions on my brain and psyke. And I make cool things that other folks enjoy, much like the modpack we love

Reactions: Pudding01

krre

Jul 29, 2019
Since 0.0.8 NEI crashes when looking up recipes.

Crash-log: http://pastebin.com/WfdYff6M

Edit: Okay after 2 crashes NEI functions wonderful again... weird.

Also, if NEI crashes when you use the U(se) key, it will crash once or twice more, but then not crash again.

It would be nice if you would provide a solution or fix this issue since it is still persistent and does not simply solve itself once it has crashed, but rather continues to crash when ever the U key is pressed while checking the uses of items in NEI.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if you would provide a solution or fix this issue since it is still persistent and does not simply solve itself once it has crashed, but rather continues to crash when ever the U key is pressed while checking the uses of items in NEI.

I believe it's been said that this is an issue with Magic Bees or something and that it's fixed in the latest update of that mod. So a solution/fix already is provided, but you just have to wait for the update like the rest of us, maybe not use the U key, which is also a fix that's been provided.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
For now, you can remove Magic Bees to stop the crash. No quests rely on it, and the newest version that corrects this isn't out just yet.

TheMapMakerX

Jul 29, 2019
I closed the client, came back a while later and now my world save will not show up, even though it's still in the folder. Any fix for this?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I closed the client, came back a while later and now my world save will not show up, even though it's still in the folder. Any fix for this?
Means for some odd reason your world level.dat got corrupted

You can fix it by going to the modpack folder, then /saves/ and the folder for your world. Look for level.dat_old and rename it to level.dat (delete the other level.dat if its still there).

If this doesn't work, create a new world, exit out of it, then copy the level.dat from that world into your broken one. This MIGHT change blocks/items in the world, depending on how old the world was.

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I seem to be having trouble finding the 8 update. I hate my launcher set to "recommended" and when I checked for versions I only got up to 0.0.7. It doesn't even ask "Would you like to backup saves" dialogue box like it does with other modpacks.

I would love to update but I don't know how! D:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
wud u be up for add ars magica 2 to the mod pack plz
Unfortunately, last I looked into it, it was a bit too big for the pack, and still a bit buggy as it transitions from one dev to another. The latter may have changed recently, but the former is the bigger issue, as its a mod that is, in size and scope, on par with thaumcraft and whatnot.