[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Pudding01

Jul 29, 2019
Even though It shouldn't have been possible, I got two blind bags of blind bags from a blind bag of blind bags... This wasn't in the most recent update though as I only just remembered it.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
It is basically part of the incentive to do all the quests and do all sorts of buying and selling. Originally, DartCraft was going to be the reward for Questing, but since thats more or less dead in the water, Draconic Evolution can fit the spot nicely...IF I can get it working properly.

I really wish he would have stuck with Dartcraft! I hope he is ok, and that he is just into something else then he will be back. He was adding/working on some really cool addition to that mod before he vanished.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
If I can get it working like I want, basically its the Penultimate Research from The Ferret Business.

You won't be able to do most of the gathering, building, and crafting for it. The ability to buy items will be unlocked when you gain enough reputation in multiple tracks.

It is basically part of the incentive to do all the quests and do all sorts of buying and selling. Originally, DartCraft was going to be the reward for Questing, but since thats more or less dead in the water, Draconic Evolution can fit the spot nicely...IF I can get it working properly.

Hey, I've no idea if you've heard of it (and I more than understand if you don't take suggestions), but I've caught wind that a sort of revival of the old Equivalent Exchange 2 mod has popped up by the name of Project E. I'm not sure about the specifics of how it's related, and it's currently a little bit WIP (all the main functions are done, currently, there's just a few items here and there that the mod author's working the kinks out of). I figured I'd let you know of it if you didn't already.

Oh, and I'm loving the pack, by the by.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
revival of the old Equivalent Exchange 2 mod has popped up by the name of Project E
I've thought about it, but its one of those things I'd need to spend a lot of time and thought on to balance and configure.

-----

Just letting everyone know, if you stream my pack, have videos, or have servers running for it open to the public, let me know! I like keeping in touch with various parts of the community, even if it is just to say hi and check on whats going on. I don't always got a lot of time to hang out, and I'm very easily distracted by RL and other things (Ferret, obviously), but I like to poke my nose around and watch and listen to folks. =)

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I've thought about it, but its one of those things I'd need to spend a lot of time and thought on to balance and configure.

-----

Just letting everyone know, if you stream my pack, have videos, or have servers running for it open to the public, let me know! I like keeping in touch with various parts of the community, even if it is just to say hi and check on whats going on. I don't always got a lot of time to hang out, and I'm very easily distracted by RL and other things (Ferret, obviously), but I like to poke my nose around and watch and listen to folks. =)
...and it's a pleasure to have you!

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

-----

Yeah, I figured it was likely a balance issue (that's always been the whole thing's weakpoint), but I figured it would be worth bringing up.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting crashes when handing in the money bag for vouchers quest on the latest modpack version.

http://pastebin.com/Dn8nkGVu
Does this KEEP happening every time you use it?

Just tested it with FTB version of 0.0.8 and cannot reproduce. Looking at the error report, its similar to a longstanding bug in HQM where if you click buttons too fast, or when it does something odd and tries to render something at the wrong time, it crashes with a render error.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
NOTE ON MEKANISM
Do NOT update to 8.1.2. Right now, this is only compatible on latest forge versions (1395+), which is something we cannot update to yet.

Around Forge 1350ish, the Fluid API changed, and many mods we use crash due to these changes, and they haven't been updated to the new Fluid API.

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Not every time, but often enough to be quite annoying given how long the modpack takes to start. Just also had a crash when I pressed u (NEI) on a piece of nether quartz ore. I think that bug is already known?

E: ok, apparently it crashes every time when I do that

E2: ok, now I keep crashing due to that nei bug, is there anyway to disable the u key?

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I think that bug is already known?
Its a known bug with Magic Bees and will be fixed in an update to it coming soon. Crashing when you hit U should only happen the first handful of times.

You can disable the U key by going into your inventory, lower left there is an Options button for NEI. Then go to Keybindings > Inventory, and change it to somthing you are less likely to hit (I don't think F10 is used by anything, just make sure not to hit F11 on accident)

As for the HQM thing, could you test this for me?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9mda3de0gwr3he/HQM-TFBEdition4-2-2(UnzipMe).zip?dl=0
This is the 4.2.2 custom HQM version for the modpack. Download and unzip it to your mod directory and disable the 4.2.3 version. Let me know if it still crashes.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
Too much? Sorry, not in The Ferret Business Lexicon.

CORRECT!

Also, I think there may be a potion effect ID conflict between Lycanite's (Freshwater) Mobs and Blood Magic. From what I can tell, Fire Fuse (make ye go boom!) effect is from Blood Magic, and for whatever reason, Cooked Silex (the little blue lapis fish thing) Meat gives that to whomever eats it. I've died a couple times to that now, and there's no way this is intended, so I figured I'd point it out.

EDIT: Also, while I'm thinking about it, have you considered adding Magical Crop recipes for Witchery creeper hearts and Tinker's Construct necrotic bones?

EDIT EDIT: If you'd rather I PM suggestions and stuff to you, lemme know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I think there may be a potion effect ID conflict between Lycanite's (Freshwater) Mobs and Blood Magic.
Ooh, noted.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, have you considered adding Magical Crop recipes for Witchery creeper hearts and Tinker's Construct necrotic bones?
Hm, I'll note it down to look into in the future. Might be a decent idea.

Am I doing something wrong? There's no 0.0.8 server to download...
Hm, try switching download locations in your FTB Launcher, closing it, then launching it and trying to click Server Download again.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, try switching download locations in your FTB Launcher, closing it, then launching it and trying to click Server Download again.
It's like magic...thanks much.

Also, excellent work on the pack in general.

Powman

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh flame particles start appearing below my feet and after a few seconds i explode....... what?

Turmfalke

Jul 29, 2019
Its a known bug with Magic Bees and will be fixed in an update to it coming soon. Crashing when you hit U should only happen the first handful of times.

You can disable the U key by going into your inventory, lower left there is an Options button for NEI. Then go to Keybindings > Inventory, and change it to somthing you are less likely to hit (I don't think F10 is used by anything, just make sure not to hit F11 on accident)

As for the HQM thing, could you test this for me?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9mda3de0gwr3he/HQM-TFBEdition4-2-2(UnzipMe).zip?dl=0
This is the 4.2.2 custom HQM version for the modpack. Download and unzip it to your mod directory and disable the 4.2.3 version. Let me know if it still crashes.
Why do mods have to build custom key rebinding menus? It would be nice if we could just have them all at one place.

Regarding the hqm thing, will test it later - might take a while to get the coin bags to test it.