[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
i was use it some to be fine for now only 1 way to test is add it and see how it go with the mods
Except the bigger issue is its size. Its a very heavy mod, and the pack is already really big, and I have to play a balancing game unfortunately.

I really like Ars, don't get me wrong, but there is plenty in the pack as it is :cool:

Reactions: Pudding01

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
A few little things:
- The quest to craft the Dark Steel Helmet (upgraded with a crystal, I think) and 4 crystals doesn't register that a helmet is in the inventory.
- The power quest in the EnderIO line has a Deprecated Capacitor Bank still in it (which isn't craftable), so I think the item ID needs changed.
- A Bellethorne Petite won't craft - I have plenty of Mana and an Alchemy Catalyst under the Mana Pool. I run my own server, so I just made one, but it's a bottleneck in the Botania quest line. I don't know if it's just my server or not, though.
- Have the hollow hill spawn rates and loot tables for Twilight Forest been changed? I've found 2 mediums and 1 large in a very large area around spawn, and no uncrafting tables at all, in those or any of the dozen or more small hills. Maybe I need to actually start up the progression tree...

Thanks for the nice pack. It's provided quite a bit of entertainment so far. I utterly failed to read the very specific notes about creating a world with BIOMESOP active, so now I get to figure out how to fix that. I'm thinking RFTools dimension(s) instead of really ugly chunk boundaries in the overworld.

thelostgit

Jul 29, 2019
Except the bigger issue is its size. Its a very heavy mod, and the pack is already really big, and I have to play a balancing game unfortunately.

I really like Ars, don't get me wrong, but there is plenty in the pack as it is :cool:

and yet u think of add Draconic Evolution to this mod pack that is big mod it in self.

150+ mods not big pack that normal this days cos pc getting better i been play with Koretex mod pack and that got 228 mods in it

Reactions: Pudding01

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
- The quest to craft the Dark Steel Helmet (upgraded with a crystal, I think) and 4 crystals doesn't register that a helmet is in the inventory.
Oof, the way Dark Steel powered armor is handled is a little wonky when trying to detect for it. I think I forgot to set a few pieces to detect vanilla crafted ones, as last time I changed the quest, it was to just detect 4 crystals and the armor in your inventory.

The power quest in the EnderIO line has a Deprecated Capacitor Bank still in it (which isn't craftable), so I think the item ID needs changed.
Whoops, another that slipped past me.

A Bellethorne Petite won't craft - I have plenty of Mana and an Alchemy Catalyst under the Mana Pool.
Hmm, looks like a bug in Botania that it doesn't register properly. Looks like it'll be fixed in next version of Botania. For now, use /hqm edit username and auto complete the quest.

Have the hollow hill spawn rates and loot tables for Twilight Forest been changed?
If they've changed, they changed from default settings in twilight forest itself, as I haven't touched defaults of twilight forest at all.

---------------------

ON THESE NOTES

I will probably put in a supplementary 0.0.8b version soonish (weekend or early next week), when at least magic bees updates, which will give me time to fix some issues with quests, fix some other bugs, and perhaps add a few smaller quests.

Mekanism probably will be downgraded to 216, as it fixes a more common crash than 225. That is, unless, the Mekanism team can get 8.1.3 or a dev version out that is compatable with both new and old Forge Fluid API's.

Almost all mods work with the new API except Growthcraft, whose update is being worked on, and some issues with a few other mods. When they all work, we'll be shifted to the newer Forge versions which has lots of other improvements.

If magic bees does NOT update by the time I'm ready for this patch, it will be put as .disabled until the update.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
and yet u think of add Draconic Evolution to this mod pack that is big mod it in self.

150+ mods not big pack that normal this days cos pc getting better i been play with Koretex mod pack and that got 228 mods in it

Caigan's already made their point, AM2 isn't getting into the pack, so stop nagging about it.

EDIT: And honestly, if I was a mod/modpack creator, I'd automatically deny anyone with spelling and grammar as terrible as yours; learn to write before you try to tell people what they should or shouldn't do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishenda

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Mhmm, Draconic Evolution is a mod that is replacing another mod that has had a spot reserved in this pack since its inception : Dart Craft. In either case, the mod was going to be tweaked heavily with Mine Tweaker, and the end items only given as rewards for doing quests.

Yes, and not a lot of PC's can still handle that many mods. Look regularly through my thread, or many threads of 150+ mod kitchen sink packs : a lot of people can be found asking about how to lower lag, how to make it lighter on a system, how to improve performance.

Not everyone has a beefy computer. Yes, my modpack requires a decent computer, but the bigger I make the modpack, the less people can play it and enjoy it.

EDIT: And honestly, if I was a mod/modpack creator, I'd automatically deny anyone with spelling and grammar as terrible as yours; learn to write before you try to tell people what they should or shouldn't do.
Settle, settle. I don't mind folks discussing and arguing with me on my choices. Proper spelling and grammar help make one's case stronger, but I'm one of the last who would cast stones when it comes to spelling mistakes and grammar on the internet. =)

EDIT : Wee, should have been LAST not FEW. Power outagees are fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mlukvai

thelostgit

Jul 29, 2019
i get your point about not lot pc's can run most mod packs i am part of kosson team. my pc cant handy single player world gen with out drop fps but on server i do fine.

it was just test ars magical 2 on ur mod pack and it work will just say at the end of the day it up to u and if u say no i stop after. :)

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestions for small additions/addons, if you're taking them (no worldgen on any of these):
- MouseTweaks (client only): It's a fairly small mod that just makes inventory shifting around substantially easier. Shift-drag-left-click moving several different types of objects into a chest? No problem! Right-click-drag continuously putting additional single items in a spot after the first one without letting go of the button? That works too.
- TreeCapitator: Yes, I know VeinMiner works on trees. The problem is that it doesn't work on trees bigger than run-of-the-mill 5- or 6-block-high trees. Large oaks, Twilight canopy trees, etc., don't work, and you end up having to fly up and pick through leaves for remaining logs. Also, for Greatwood trees, VeinMiner works on the trunk, but not the branches, for some very strange reason.
- Better Bedrock Gen: For future builds, perhaps, but it's nice to have flat bedrock. It's a little thing, though.
- ChickenChunks: This is a nice little block/mod to have, unless you specifically don't have it just because it's too cheap/easy to make/run.
- EnchantingPlus: This is another one that you might have left out for balance reasons.
- LavaMonsters: For amusement, nothing more. Just...turn the spawn rate down a little.
- Redstone Armory/Arsenal: Addons for TE that give some options for high-end tools/weapons. Nothing big, but could add to the TE quest line some when it's being worked on.
- OptiFine (optional?, client only): I like to be able to turn some things like depth fog off, and having a zoom function set on Ctrl is really nice for things like hunting for nether ores, etc.
- CoroUtil/ZombieAwareness: This is a fun mod, but does add to some server processing reqs, and has been known to cause lag if not properly configured (and sometimes even when properly configured).
- MFR Magical Crops Compatibility mod: Unless you feel like doing it yourself.
- Advanced Machines/Solars for IC2: Just for the faster processing and better energy gen, if you like the IC2 route. I mean, this pack already has...at least 3 different resource processing mods other than IC2, so this isn't a huge deal. I did see that Compact Solars are in already.
- No Special Mobs: I've seen the suggestions, but it causes all kinds of issues, from extreme server lag (especially interacting with Roguelike Dungeons) to being unable to find wither skel skulls or necrotic bones because the wither skels aren't the same variety.

More little things:
- VeinMiner works on nether ores in a strange way: it doesn't upset zombie pigmen or cause explosions. Perhaps this was intended, perhaps not. Now, I can see why no explosions, because you're getting all the ores (though different ores connected to the vein you're collecting should have a chance to explode), but zombie pigmen should still get upset, unless it's a Silk Touch tool.
- Is it possible to allow Waila to show fluid levels in TE portable tanks (and others)? I can't get it working on my server/client combo.
- The mods folder still has the ruins.txt and log files there, but not the Ruins mod. Did the pack have it at one time?
- Is it possible to configure the crafting for large precious supply shipments to include allowing blocks of ProjectRed gems (among others)? It currently only allows BoP gem blocks, and the crafting defaults to PR gem blocks. I accidentally left BoP worldgen off on my server, so that might affect the answer to this question.
- How easy is it to turn off the version update messages on joining the server? They're minorly annoying, but I can live with them if the config option isn't there.

i get your point about not lot pc's can run most mod packs i am part of kosson team. my pc cant handy single player world gen with out drop fps but on server i do fine.

it was just test ars magical 2 on ur mod pack and it work will just say at the end of the day it up to u and if u say no i stop after. :)
Please lay off already. I like the mod, too, but imo the pack's already too big to throw another giant worldgen/interaction-heavy mod in.

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

Dude, Caigan has already said no 3 times. So stop.

thelostgit

Jul 29, 2019
us cant make me stop but us don't get that Draconic Evolution as world gen into that game as well and can crash any server lot more easy then ars magical 2 all it adds it some flows and 1 ore and 1 world if u do open it that all and Draconic Evolution add boss and lot of stuff into the end

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
i can but i cant help the server i am on then if i do that cos i am 1 of them team of *link removed*
You've left the realm of curious, polite participant making development suggestions and entered the realm of rude and pushy backseat developer. I suggest allowing the pack developer to do his/her own development, and taking the (repeated) statements of disinterest at face value.

Last edited:

thelostgit

Jul 29, 2019
Look, AM2 isn't going to be added to the pack, and that's that. You bugging Caigan about will get nothing done. I strongly suggest you stop now; just because you want something doesn't mean that everyone will scuttle just to please you.

how send i am bugging i just make point about world gen from 2 mods and my point is valid about world gen

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
it was just test ars magical 2 on ur mod pack and it work will just say at the end of the day it up to u and if u say no i stop after.
You are free to add it to your own server or single player game, but for now the answer is it will not be added to this pack for the time being. Maybe in the future? Who knows.

MouseTweaks (client only):
Hm, possibly.

TreeCapitator:
Considering, but I limited VeinMiner for a reason, mostly cause giant trees should take a bit of work.

- Better Bedrock Gen: For future builds, perhaps, but it's nice to have flat bedrock. It's a little thing, though.
This is something I can activate in COFHWorld, I believe. I've also considered it too, but not sure if I want to yet.

- ChickenChunks: This is a nice little block/mod to have, unless you specifically don't have it just because it's too cheap/easy to make/run.
- EnchantingPlus: This is another one that you might have left out for balance reasons.
Both of these are out due to balance reasons. Chicken chunks is okay, but there is no cost to it running after its crafted and set.

- LavaMonsters: For amusement, nothing more. Just...turn the spawn rate down a little.
Got plenty of things that wanna nom your face, and I've had to disable lycanites lava monsters from the overworld already due to tiny lava pools causing big headaches.

- Redstone Armory/Arsenal
Somewhat considered.

Unless is changed VERY recently, its no allowed to be included in modpacks.

CoroUtil/ZombieAwareness
I've looked into it, but yeah, as you mentioned, it can get pretty heavy on processing even when set up right.

MFR Magical Crops Compatibility
Ahh, didn't realize there was a compat mod for this, I'll note it down to look into it.

Advanced Machines/Solars for IC2:
Plenty of ore processing, like you said, and I like Compact Solars, whic is already in =)

No Special Mobs
Lycanites is insane enough, no need for Special Mobs to add to the monster mash x3

it doesn't upset zombie pigmen or cause explosions
Zombie Pigmen anger and ore explosions is disabled completely. THese are both mechanics I and many others just don't find fun. The nether is already dangerous enough with the additions the pack has. =)

Is it possible to allow Waila to show fluid levels in TE portable tanks (and others)? I can't get it working on my server/client combo.
Problem I think the WAILA plugins. At some point they were working, and then things updated and they weren't showing properly. I'll look into getting these updated to showing them again if I can.

- The mods folder still has the ruins.txt and log files there, but not the Ruins mod. Did the pack have it at one time?
It did at the start, but I removed it and MyWorldGen as I couldn't get either of them working how I wanted. I still have plans for worldgen, but I just recently found Recurrent Complex, which does everything I was hoping Ruins/MyWorldGen would do, without having the issues I ran into.

But, until I have time to churn out 20+ acceptable creations for worldgen, I'm not adding any of them to the pack yet.

- Is it possible to configure the crafting for large precious supply shipments to include allowing blocks of ProjectRed gems (among others)? It currently only allows BoP gem blocks, and the crafting defaults to PR gem blocks. I accidentally left BoP worldgen off on my server, so that might affect the answer to this question.
Hm, I though those were all ore dictionaried properly. Making a note to check that when I can.

- How easy is it to turn off the version update messages on joining the server? They're minorly annoying, but I can live with them if the config option isn't there.
This is my fault, honestly. I didn't get all the update message configs turned off before submitting.

us cant make me stop but us don't get that
In the scope of things, Ars adds more than Draconic Evolution does. DE deals with more end game content, AM2 deals with everything from start to end game. Ars adds multiple boss fights, more worldgen than you are thinking of, wandering creatures (light mages and dryads and whatnot), adds a complex spell system and mana mechanics, essence mechanics.

DE adds a second boss (chaos dragon), mechanics are primarily centered around RF Energy and 2 different rituals. Ore Generation is easily disbabled. It adds 2 sets of armor, 2 sets of tools/weapons, and about 10 'machines'.

Most of DE centers around requiring Draconium Ore to do anything. =)

But this is a moot point. As I said, for now, Ars is not being added. On top of that, DE is not going to be added either until I can fix some other issues, then test the feasibility.

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
how send i am bugging i just make point about world gen from 2 mods and my point is valid about world gen

"Mhmm, Draconic Evolution is a mod that is replacing another mod that has had a spot reserved in this pack since its inception : Dart Craft. In either case, the mod was going to be tweaked heavily with Mine Tweaker, and the end items only given as rewards for doing quests."

As Caigan said above, Draconic Evolution is taking the place of a Mod (Dartcraft) that always had a slot for the Modpack. As Dartcraft is not being updated anymore, Draconic Evolution is taking its place. You want him to add a Mod that seems, from all the above comments that only you wants.

As I said before... if you want it add it yourself... you are part of this server team you said, tell them you want it, but stop bugging us here about it.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
Draconic Evolution adds one ore. Ars Magica 2 adds several flowers and a tree (with an entire biome to match), pools of liquid essence above and below the surface, and at least 3 types of ore, one of which falls from the sky. Of those, the new biome will wreck at least chunk boundaries, if not world gen. It's also not stable in some other dimensions, particularly the Deep Dark, and it interacts with some other mods...poorly. Top it all off with the previous developer openly stating that he won't be updating it past 1.7.10, or indeed making any more than one more update, and you have a recipe for uncertainty when it comes to adding it to mod packs. Aaand...I got ninja'd. Oh well, making my point anyway.

Got plenty of things that wanna nom your face, and I've had to disable lycanites lava monsters from the overworld already due to tiny lava pools causing big headaches.
In that case, you might want to remove them from Twilight Forest, too - I've had lava fish in the little lava flows inside hollow hills. But I don't know if there are any others.

Unless is changed VERY recently, its no allowed to be included in modpacks.
Ah, sorry, I forgot. Noted for future reference. :)

Zombie Pigmen anger and ore explosions is disabled completely. THese are both mechanics I and many others just don't find fun. The nether is already dangerous enough with the additions the pack has. =)
Yeah, I dropped silk touch on my hammer for the specific purpose of collecting nether ores without annoying the pigmen, only to notice that I didn't need it. Oh well, I use it for RS ore collection in hollow hills now. Cinnabar and Rich Slag output from that stuff is nice to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
In that case, you might want to remove them from Twilight Forest, too - I've had lava fish in the little lava flows inside hollow hills. But I don't know if there are any others.
Huh I thought I only whitelisted them to the nether...I'll have to check that.

Ah, sorry, I forgot. Noted for future reference.
Its also one of those mods that either really helps, or just messes everything up unfortunately. Even moreso than Fastcraft.

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
Considering, but I limited VeinMiner for a reason, mostly cause giant trees should take a bit of work.

A very simple tinker's tool already takes care of that function, adding a mod to do exactly the same with a even more simple tool seems very excessive to me.