[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, plus I find that Treecapacitor can be very exploited with a lot of tools that don't "break"

For instance the IC2 chainsaw can be completely drained of EU from the effort, but will still tear down an entire Twilight Forest Huge Tree.

Also as a side note, I have messed around with Treecapacitor before in private modpacks. When you use TreeC, it doesn't actually add more than 1xp to your Tinker's Tool no matter how large the tree is. Whereas VeinMiner DOES give you XP for every block you take out. This makes VM even more superior in my opinion.

Torezu

Jul 29, 2019
All of these points are true, and it sounds like Caigan doesn't really want to put it in anyway. If someone really wants an unlimited supply of wood anyway...a 17x17 or 19x19 MFR jungle tree farm is not at all hard to make. You just have to have a way to dispose of those pesky vines. :)

Reactions: Mlukvai

Mlukvai

Jul 29, 2019
All of these points are true, and it sounds like Caigan doesn't really want to put it in anyway. If someone really wants an unlimited supply of wood anyway...a 17x17 or 19x19 MFR jungle tree farm is not at all hard to make. You just have to have a way to dispose of those pesky vines. :)

There's 2x2 spruce trees you know ;)

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan I'm fairly certain it's intended (likely as a trade-off for the convenience), but I've noticed that the x25 trading quests in the [H]Production Contracts chapter give only +5 reputation for 25 times the "cost." They do, however, still give 25 times the coin reward, and I've not poked at all of them yet, but I figured I'd wanna point this trend in case it isn't intended.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
All this talk about Draconic Evolution and I forgot I added it several versions ago.:p I also added ae2stuff, ChickenChunks, Logistics Pipes, and Runic Dungeons but have yet to use any of them. I will wait until I have gotten to a point where I feel I have progressed far enough.

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
*suddenly wonders what an MFR Tree Farm of Sufficient Size™ would think of a Sacred Rubber Tree*
I used an mfr harvester to take down a sacred rubber tree and it took a week running 24 hits a day on my server. It took it down, though. I ended up with millions of logs

Reactions: Pudding01

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, are you not getting really weird texture issues with Ferret Shinies with DE included?

I am not much of a Mob person so I usually play in Peaceful with a Mod called Harder Peaceful included. I added that to this pack and I am getting the weird textures with the Ferret Shinies.

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, are you not getting really weird texture issues with Ferret Shinies with DE included?

I just took a look at it and it does mess with them for some reason. I've never seen that happen when adding a mod before.

Now I know why I didn't notice the issue before was because I was running an older version.
Draconic-Evolution-1.7.10-v1.0.1-RC-3!

It seems that any update after that is when it starts the issue.

Last edited:

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019

Oh! I just thought of this, but I know DE lets you place anything down as an item on a block in the world, maybe that's somehow messing with the textures? It's the only thing I can really think of.

Also, is there any particular reason for the Bibliocraft-Natura/BOP wood type compatibility things not being in the pack? For all the decoration stuff available and the whole chapter more or less dedicated to decoration, it strikes me as strange that there's only tables and whatnot for the vanilla woods.

Oh, and I just noticed (well, I just looked into it) and apparently when a Jengu from Lycanite's (Freshwater) Mobs hits you with its waterball attack thing, it gives you the Reciprocation effect, which is apparently also from Blood Magic. I'm not sure what it does, but a cursory search says it may be something akin to thorns or summat. Looks like Lycanite's Mobs and Blood Magic can't get their potion ID's right. That said, the only potion ID conflicts I've had so far with these two involve the Freshwater Mobs, but that's hardly enough to just up and say that the issue is limited to just that branch of Lycanite's Mobs.

Last edited:

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
I added that to this pack and I am getting the weird textures with the Ferret Shinies.
I've never seen that happen when adding a mod before.
These are both similar issues, its something with how our mod does textures...which is one of the textbook ways of doing it, which is confusing my partner to no end. We probably won't have a fix in the upcoming crash/quest fix patch, as this weekend we'll be helping two of our roommates move out.

Also, is there any particular reason for the Bibliocraft-Natura/BOP wood type compatibility things not being in the pack?
These were removed with the addition of the Paneler in latest Bibliocraft. You can use ANY solid block texture now to make the furniture.

That said, the only potion ID conflicts I've had so far with these two involve the Freshwater Mobs, but that's hardly enough to just up and say that the issue is limited to just that branch of Lycanite's Mobs.
Looks like I'll have to dump potion ID's and figure out a new home for the lycanites ones.

Mendan

Jul 29, 2019
So I was happy to see ghostwood saplings taken out of the Natura nether questline, as they werte impossible to find in my world. But now I'm stuck further along the line...I'm asked to make a quartz hatchet in one quest and an obelisk in another, both of which require qhostwood to craft. Is this intended and am I missing some way to find ghostwood trees?

TestyMan

Jul 29, 2019
These were removed with the addition of the Paneler in latest Bibliocraft. You can use ANY solid block texture now to make the furniture.

Ooh, nifty.

Looks like I'll have to dump potion ID's and figure out a new home for the lycanites ones.

Durn. Well, I'll keep an eye out on various effects from Lycanite's Mobs from now on. Raw Joust meat is supposed to give slowness, I believe, and cooked Joust meat has given me speed before, but that seems like it may be intended. I might eat a raw chunk of Silex and Joust just to see what they do. But yeah, if I get any more effects from Lycanite's I'll letcha know what and who from, even if it seems intended. (Oh yeah, when a jabberwock smacks you, it's supposed to give slowness, but I don't recall whether it actually does that, I'll check next time I see one.) Also, while I'm thinking about it (even though this is scatter-brained as it is and still the original post here) Dwellers do give Poison, which is what they're supposed to do, according to the Bestiary.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
A little sneak at one of the things I'm working on during breaks in my busy day :

LeYfgbX.png

Reactions: BMB78 and Pudding01