[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
im still having crashing and lag problems caigan. I've done everything that you have suggested
Hm, try removing optifine, make sure you are updated to Java 8 (and in the FTB Launcher > Options > Advanced Options, make sure Java 1.8.0 is selected. Your crash log is showing it is loading Java 7), and add the following to your Additional Java Parameters : -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Dforge.forceNoStencil=true

diii

Jul 29, 2019
imo nothing wrong with futura block its crafted with colored stone as recipe states.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
imo nothing wrong with futura block its crafted with colored stone as recipe states.
The problem is, its the same recipe as the Wireless Modem for ComputerCraft, so one of the recipes needs to be changed, and I chose Futura Block one =)

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded java 8 64 bit. now I cant give ftb more than 1.5 ram because it says its not 64 bit. when I hit the download 64 bit button, then I has me try to download java 7 64 bit

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded java 8 64 bit. now I cant give ftb more than 1.5 ram because it says its not 64 bit. when I hit the download 64 bit button, then I has me try to download java 7 64 bit
never mind I just had to restart the launcher

TelaniousVander

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea what would cause Thaumcraft research to reset? I had all of the aspects discovered and had done research to unlock a number of things over the last few days. Earlier today I did the research to unlock straw golems and a couple of other things. I logged off for a couple of hours and when I logged back in everything was reset. It shows I haven't unlocked any aspects and it shows that no research has been done.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea what would cause Thaumcraft research to reset? I had all of the aspects discovered and had done research to unlock a number of things over the last few days. Earlier today I did the research to unlock straw golems and a couple of other things. I logged off for a couple of hours and when I logged back in everything was reset. It shows I haven't unlocked any aspects and it shows that no research has been done.
Weird. I know stuff like that can happen if you change your minecraft name.

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
now im having my game crash whenever I go into the search part of the creative inventory. any idea y

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-15_15.13.04-client.txt
    52.3 KB · Views: 96

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
now im having my game crash whenever I go into the search part of the creative inventory. any idea y
This is a normal issue I've found, its sometimes caused by different mods, use NEI search and spawn items through that instead.

Looking it up, it might be a Buildcraft problem this time, so I'll be updating that for 0.0.6 as well

Viskase900

Jul 29, 2019
Seems in 0.0.4 the "Epic Blind bag Blind Bag" quest only gives you a basic bag.

Just wanting to point this out in case you didn't know of it yet.

Darkshark

Jul 29, 2019
Feel like I should add this error because it effects my attempt to play it
Error while running launchMinecraft(): java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" (in directory "C:\FTB\TheFerretBusiness\minecraft"): CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan only complaint you made warping around so expensive xD, a pearl a page at least you give us a stack of pearls for 50$ so i cant really complain helps with making a quarry.

Edit: for all those who don't know ender lilies in magma crucible give 4k reasonant which you put into your tinkers smeltery with a pan cast to make ender pearls.

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
@Caigan
Your pack has lured me out of over a year (and heavens knows how many modpacks) of lurk-mode on these forums. This pack needs all the love and attention it can get.

I can honestly say that I haven't had this much fun in plain ol' sandboxy survival in... um... almost ever, really. I had no idea what I needed was a bit of an overarching goal and direction. I don't know if I'll ever be able to play another non-HQM or non-goal-driven pack again, after this one. Stuff like magical crop seeds just seem so rewarding now. I downloaded this pack thinking I was just going to kill some time until Regrowth updated (with much impatience with the troubles with 0.0.4) and being unsure if I'd dig it. Regrowth updated... and I promptly totally ignored it in favor of getting my butt kicked roguelike-dungeon crawling practically naked and leveling up my silver seeds so I could buy more delicious Magical Crops bags.

I spent an hour and a half starting EIO to make a decent jetpack, only to get an angel ring from a blind bag in the last EIO quest I completed, thus making all that effort (and so much of my rare gold) completely useless, and I didn't even care. I was having fun, and I was just tickled pink. Literally, since they were pink fluttery fairy wings.

I even put on a tail and ears just to get into the spirit. :p

Though I guess I'm not playing strictly vanilla-Ferret-Business. I updated Agricraft to fix the Botania petal bug (and oh my god is it so much harder to level up seeds now. :eek:). And I updated Botania for the mana rebalancing which makes things less painful and more interesting. I also disabled fresh water mobs in Lycan's (since I settled in a pretty little sacred springs river/lake valley and getting attacked by multiple flying water monsters day or night when I left my house was just too much of a pain in my derriere) and added tilled fertilized dirt to Agricraft's soil whitelist in the hopes of making Agricraft's grueling new crossbreeding a bit less time-consuming.

Hopefully-constructive feedback time is nao:
Headcrumbs: I actually thought I would hate it. But it was kind of fun after a while. I don't know if it's a config option (and I'm dodging work to type this, so I can't check), but their spawning really needs to be toned down a bit. Or a lot. It seems like half of the mobs (sometimes more) are minecraft celebrities. What should probably be a fun, unique encounter is less fun when it drowns out all the other weird and cool mobs. Except for skeletons. There's never a shortage of those jerks. My whole life is minecrafters and skeletons. And I'm wagering that the skeletons are just decayed modmakers and youtubers. There was a quest for zombie heads that I couldn't complete until I killed some zombie pigmen because I never saw a zombie outside of mob spawners in roguelike dungeons.

Blind bags: Please, please please make the basic bags better. I'm not even asking to make them more broadly useful. But right now I dread choosing blindbag rewards in case they're basics. It's not fun to find them a complete waste of time. One block of some random wood? One silicon? I'm not against those kind of rewards, but at least give a few of them, so they might have some actual use or inspire some building. It's not like six silicon or a dozen weird-block-you-would-never-otherwise-use will break the bank or unbalance the game. But at least you might actually get some use out of them and look forward to the bags a bit more. Blind bags should be fun!

It might be neat to get a few blind bags themed on whatever quest line you're going through, too. Maybe not all of the bags, but some.

Quests: We need more supply quests, more than even the mod quests, I think. Though I admit I might not have gotten that far in yet (Just unlocked the precious block turn-in a bit ago) but more variety there would be good beyond sending tons of pumpkin seeds and metal blocks. Machines. Components for their teleporter. Thaumcraft gadgets. Botania runes or flowers. Even power. I think it'd be interesting to submit a full capacitor or power cell and get an empty one for a bit of coin, for example. I know there's the research quests. But I've been playing for, like, sixteen hours(or more) I don't even have enough of any of the resources for one of them (though I might have enough teeth after my dungeon delve and the resulting celebrity swarms) I guess they're designed for mob grinders?

A few of the quests, at least in the EIO quest chain should probably be altered a bit. Especially the beginning ones where you're making basic machines. Maybe switch them from material submission to detection or crafting tasks. Right now you have to make capacitors and machine blocks... and then immediately make them all again as the quest noms them, to get to the next step. Other quests could probably do with being split up, like the enormously expensive Iron Chests quests. Or having to make every single non-Vibrant alloy in EIO in one sitting. Or the Biomes o' Plenty ones that you hit a stone wall on the whole quest on if you don't have a desert, for example.

Edited for words that make sense.

Last edited:

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan quick question is the Trent lycan mob broken? i found a trent spawner but its not spawning do i have to do something special to make it spawn and same with overworld either the mobs got lowered so badly its 1/10000 chance the server hasn't seen 1 spawn one yet.

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
when I make a normal smelter from tinkers construct it doesn't work. did something get changed where I have to do something different.

Luminary

Jul 29, 2019
when I make a normal smelter from tinkers construct it doesn't work. did something get changed where I have to do something different.
Works fine for me. No troubles at all. My smeltery is feeding a steady supply of locally-grown, farm-fresh copper and silver back to the fuzzy homeworld.

Do you have all the bits and bobs you need? The controller and lava tank and everything? Do you have a hole somewhere or something sitting inside?

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Caigan only complaint you made warping around so expensive xD
Read over the Warp Book quest again, its not AS expensive as you think =)

Your pack has lured me out of over a year (and heavens knows how many modpacks) of lurk-mode on these forums.
Good to hear!

I had no idea what I needed was a bit of an overarching goal and direction.
That is one reason I made the pack the way it is : you can do the HQM quests if you want and need a bit of a goal, or you can just set the book aside. Very little can be obtained only via quest book (magical seeds primarily)

but their spawning really needs to be toned down a bit.
Which is weird as its toned down even more, but in some rare cases they seem to spawn a ton out of the blue. Right now I have their rarity set to somewhere between witch and enderman, if I remember correctly, I'll poke them down a bit more, or only make it so 1 spawn each time.

Please, please please make the basic bags better.
I've been considering this for a bit, probably as good a time as any to do it. I'll probably shift around the 'non bag' rewards to give a decent amount of items, depending on what it is.
Generally, non bag rewards are split into three groups : 70% super cheap item, 20% MORE BAGS!, 10% super awesome item. Roughly, keep in mind. The super cheap items I'll probably change to give you at least a good handful so they are useful.

We need more supply quests, more than even the mod quests, I think.
Right now I'm trying to find a balance between major quest lines and adding more things to turn in for coins. And things to BUY with coins, of course.

I think it'd be interesting to submit a full capacitor or power cell and get an empty one for a bit of coin, for example.
That is a good way to do it, with a wide variety of 'energy storage' items I need to find a good one that'd work overall though, hm...

Maybe switch them from material submission to detection or crafting tasks.
Oop, that does remind me that was on my docket to look over and change, thank you for reminding me.

I guess they're designed for mob grinders?
They aren't designed to be, I think I just have them all set to pretty low drops, which it didn't feel like the first time I set them up, but I play the modpack on the side myself and it does feel fairly low, so I'll go through and increase the drop chance for Research materials.

Other quests could probably do with being split up
Right now I have them condensed like that due to planning out all the other quests. HQM has a hard limit of 1023 quests, and if you delete one, you don't get that quest slot back. Hopefully both of these issues change with the new update to HQM being worked on, but its unknown when that is coming out currently due to how big of a rewrite its getting.

Or the Biomes o' Plenty ones that you hit a stone wall on the whole quest on if you don't have a desert, for example.
This is one considering on how best to change to encourage a bit of exploration, while not being super heavy on requiring everything. I already have added a cheap (10 voucher) quest for a random item from both Natura and Biomes o Plenty exploration quests added.

Caigan quick question is the Trent lycan mob broken?
No, Trent is just very low spawn rate.

Nope, not changed at all. Make sure you have a 3x3 foundation of seared bricks, then at least 1 lava tank on the same level as the smeltery controller. Also make sure there are no blocks inside the smeltery area, or it won't form.

Benjsch

Jul 29, 2019
that's weird. now it worked. I didn't do anything different. maby it was the update I built the other one that didn't work before the update.