[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
Oooooh Hints eh, let me see if I can be really really criptic ;)

Hint #1: Duck and Cover!
Hint #2: Sulfuric Acid ...
Hint #3: Row row row ur boat gently down the " "
Hint #4: Giddy-up little Critter
Hint #5: Shine ur light on me!

Hope this helps :D

Well. If we're guessing I think #3 is "Streams - Real Flowing Rivers" http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/7850-tfc-07915-streams-real-flowing-rivers/

I just installed it two days ago into my two week old TerraFirma Punk world (and regenerated all terrain that I hadn't already built on. I give it two thumbs up - very nice.

Mo Creatures would be really cool - but I'll wager more than I have that you (OneWolf) are not hinting at Mo Creatures - I can't see how that one would be even remotely easy to integrate into TFC.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Mo Creatures would be really cool - but I'll wager more than I have that you (OneWolf) are not hinting at Mo Creatures - I can't see how that one would be even remotely easy to integrate into TFC.

Mo' Creatures DOES NOT work with TFC at all.

Fatal Error Detected: Shutting Down Internal Server

Have a :) Day

MetaMeow

Jul 29, 2019
This would be my dream modpack if it had thaumcraft but i can see implementing such a mod would be kinda difficult.

on another note REALISTIC STEAMPUNK SURVIVAL OMG! must make private server and start playing NOW!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
This would be my dream modpack if it had thaumcraft but i can see implementing such a mod would be kinda difficult.

on another note REALISTIC STEAMPUNK SURVIVAL OMG! must make private server and start playing NOW!

Thaumcraft does look it might be possible to implement, however with the complexity of the mod it will take alot of time so it will have to wait until after I have finished this version. The pack is still in BETA and some of the current features are still incomplete and buggy. But I have been considering adding at least one magic based mod to kind of round things out, Thaumcraft, ArsMagica, or BloodMagic seem like possible candidates so far :D

Thanks for giving this pack a try :D
OneWolfe-

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
How were you able to get it to work with a pre-existing map?

I only downloaded TerraFirma Punk a few weeks ago. So I don't have much of my world explored and no development outside of just a few locations. After I Installed Streams I just removed all the region files but two (one with my home and another with my Tetrahedrite mine) and let everything else regenerate anew. Incidently, this also served as a test to see if Glenn's Gases would add anything to wold gen, as it was also added to the TFP pack. Gases doesn't do its world gen with TFC (perhaps there is a way to do such via TFC's ore config?). Streams, on the other had has made some very nice streams.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I only downloaded TerraFirma Punk a few weeks ago. So I don't have much of my world explored and no development outside of just a few locations. After I Installed Streams I just removed all the region files but two (one with my home and another with my Tetrahedrite mine) and let everything else regenerate anew. Incidently, this also served as a test to see if Glenn's Gases would add anything to wold gen, as it was also added to the TFP pack. Gases doesn't do its world gen with TFC (perhaps there is a way to do such via TFC's ore config?). Streams, on the other had has made some very nice streams.

When I try to run it on my small test map I get a message saying that Streams cannot be used on a pre-existing map. Possibly because it was a world generated with a much earlier version ...

There is a way to add outside ore generation to TFC but its a complicated and painful process. However my buddy Dolinmyster was able to successfully build a GregTech/TFC pack complete with all of the GT ores and trees. Here is a link to a video he made showing off the pack.

Aezephyr

Jul 29, 2019
But I have been considering adding at least one magic based mod to kind of round things out, Thaumcraft, ArsMagica, or BloodMagic seem like possible candidates so far

For what It's worth, I think Thaumcraft would be a great addition to TFC. I don't mean to dismiss either of the other two, but I'd rather play with TC than either AM or BM in a TFC world.

However, yes, it'll be a fair task to reconfigure it for TFC. Lots and lots of minetweaking - but that part is only a lot of work. A greater challenge will be adjusting the mobs - I don't know a simple solution to them.

This isn't the first time I've read people pondering getting TC configured for TFC. Though I'm unaware of any others who've started in on the process, I'd be supprised if someone else hasn't at least looked into it more than either of us.

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
da wood buckets dont work..... ): but i love your pack its fun to play and decently dificult but not too dificult

Don't work how? Wood buckets don't place source blocks in TFC in case that's the issue you're having...

Also Tfc water and minecraft water are different, If you use a metal bucket you get minecraft water which cant be used on tfc items eg: barrels and such

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Also Tfc water and minecraft water are different, If you use a metal bucket you get minecraft water which cant be used on tfc items eg: barrels and such

I am not happy about having to use the vanilla iron buckets but RailCraft, Flaxbeards Steam Power, and RotaryCraft WILL NOT work with any variety of TFC water, neither the boilers or water turbines work, so I had to quickly come up with a solutions for the boilers otherwise this wouldnt be a very good SteamPunk pack :p

Draco_X

Jul 29, 2019
Dammit now you've done it, i'm kinda hooked on TFP. :p

A few more random things:

There are no repeatable lives quest, even the best players die from time to time, so imo. it would make sense to make one of them repeabtable so people can farm lives if they need to. (Guess that would defy the Hardcore mode though)

Some early quests offer vanilla melon seeds, however vanilla dirt to plant those in is just available via lategame rotary craft, not really a complaint the only thing those are used in are useless health portions just noticed you get the seeds early and the dirt very late.

Lol curing Zombie villagers turns them into steam pirates .^^ No vanilla iron farms or villagertrading for us i guess. :p

You can move TFC blocks(ores and such) with Archimedes ships, thats actually really awesome for building, despite having enchanting in here, the silktouch enchant won't work on TFC blocks.

Oh May! those can move Spawners too! well that changes everything regarding mobfarming. oO TIL

Tubes apperently can't interact with TFC Barrels but i guess there isn't much you can do there. :/

FPS Steam Hammers dosn't work with Railcraft steel anvils, just with vanilla ones it seems, rendering steam hammers useless.

Some ruins have twilight forest raven spawners, those would need vanilla grass to work.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Oh May! those can move Spawners too! well that changes everything regarding mobfarming. oO TIL

You really should make a tutorial about this cuz it just sounds way to awesome :D

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

A few more random things:

There are no repeatable lives quest, even the best players die from time to time, so imo. it would make sense to make one of them repeabtable so people can farm lives if they need to. (Guess that would defy the Hardcore mode though)

Some early quests offer vanilla melon seeds, however vanilla dirt to plant those in is just available via lategame rotary craft, not really a complaint the only thing those are used in are useless health portions just noticed you get the seeds early and the dirt very late.

Lol curing Zombie villagers turns them into steam pirates .^^ No vanilla iron farms or villagertrading for us i guess. :p

You can move TFC blocks(ores and such) with Archimedes ships, thats actually really awesome for building, despite having enchanting in here, the silktouch enchant won't work on TFC blocks.

Tubes apperently can't interact with TFC Barrels but i guess there isn't much you can do there. :/

FPS Steam Hammers dosn't work with Railcraft steel anvils, just with vanilla ones it seems, rendering steam hammers useless.

Some ruins have twilight forest raven spawners, those would need vanilla grass to work.

I deliberately avoided Repeatable Lives. In my last full series of TFC I managed to progress all the way to Blue Steel with almost zero deaths, Enderman punched me off a cliff cuz I thought I could just outrun him.

I have not spent alot of time balancing out the quest book. There was supposed to be some ruins with vanilla dirt so I will look around the quest book and see if I can find a good place for it.

Curing Zombies, I needed to have a way to spawn those pirates even in full daylight ... reasons ... watching this ...
So I used Mob Properties to tweak vanilla villagers to spawn pigmen instead and placed villager spawners in the ship. I really need to do the same thing for the Giant Miners too.

Tubes, I have heard rumors that something is in the works that will allow pipes and such to interact with the barrels and vessels ...

FSP Steam Hammers are not that useless. Vanilla anvils are craftable and there should be a 1 in 3 chance to find them the Steam Smithy ruins. The Steam Smithy has a TFC forge, steam tanks, and up to 3 steam hammers, the anvils can be found next to those hammers. I do plan on setting up an alternate recipe for the vanilla anvils.

EDIT: I just noticed that the default iron anvil recipe is disabled, so I will go ahead and fix that.

I thought I had removed all the raven spawners :(

Thank you,
OneWolfe-

Last edited:

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
I am not happy about having to use the vanilla iron buckets but RailCraft, Flaxbeards Steam Power, and RotaryCraft WILL NOT work with any variety of TFC water, neither the boilers or water turbines work, so I had to quickly come up with a solutions for the boilers otherwise this wouldnt be a very good SteamPunk pack :p

I found out that the railcraft water tank will produce vanilla water. if one where to make a "water farm" with those, one should be able to power all there steam needs... right? ( note: I did not test this.. )
so that would void the need for a vanilla water bucket unless it is used in a crafting recipe...

I deliberately avoided Repeatable Lives. In my last full series of TFC I managed to progress all the way to Blue Steel with almost zero deaths, Enderman punched me off a cliff cuz I thought I could just outrun him.

That is a bad thing in my opinion. I turned of the Hardcore mode for my livestream series and just spawn in hearts for my off stream world as I ain't that god like. you have a repeatable quest in the first chapter, that I find really hard to get to, that gives you bonus reputation and nothing else. you can give a reward bag with a chance of an extra live heart and a chance of somethings else that might be hard/impossible to get ( vanilla bucket/anvil/iron for anvil ), if you want to be evil about it you can even give parts of the hearts, if you want to be nice about it you can give just the hearts in that quest ( or parts of them if you want to be slightly evil ).

you can make it so that if you get the zombie/spider quest in chapter one that a "stealing lives" quest chapter unlocks that gives you hearts for killing monsters:
+) 1/4th heart for 10 zombies == 40 zombies for 1 extra live
+) 1/2 heart for 10 skellies == 20 skellies for 1 extra live
+) 1 heart for 2 creepers ( as they often blow before you can kill them and take you with them... or do enough damage that the horde that is now running through the hole in your wall will take you out )
+) 2~10 hearts for killing any boss monster in the ruins that you spawn.

make them repeatable every minecraft week or so. it will make the pack more accessible for the squishy players, like myself, and gives the option for the rock hard players, like your self OneWolf, to just ignore them.

if I deem it doable I might even enable the hardcore mode again for my streams.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I found out that the railcraft water tank will produce vanilla water. if one where to make a "water farm" with those, one should be able to power all there steam needs... right? ( note: I did not test this.. )
so that would void the need for a vanilla water bucket unless it is used in a crafting recipe...

Can you explain how this is working, im very curious ...