[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

Draco_X

Jul 29, 2019
I deliberately avoided Repeatable Lives.

Well thats a design choice and up to you, but i'm with Kuro-Maii on that one. :p

Spawners: Why not just regular Zombie Pigman spawners? those (and ghast spawners) don't care about light level and work during the day too, maybe thats a option for giant miners.

Tubes: Ah cool, since barrels, reservoirs and tanks work with any fluid i figgured the issue might be on tube side.

Raven: If it helps the raven spawner i found is in this ruin under a plank. http://i.imgur.com/k7G480n.png

I found out that the railcraft water tank will produce vanilla water. if one where to make a "water farm" with those, one should be able to power all there steam needs... right?

The Railcraft watertank does work simmilar as a TE Aqueous Accumulator, after playing around some that might be a valid solution :D watertank>tank tube>tubes>boilers seems to work, awesome. :)
However atm a working tank needs.. 52 iron ingots(which would be ok with me since its mid-endgame anyway) and 26slime which is really hard to find in TFC, may need some recipie tweaking.

Edit: Oh i forgot about moving ores/spawners, its actually really simple, just break all adjacent blocks, add 2 or more air balloons and a helm block and you can take it home. ^^
BgLHduv.png

Last edited:
Reactions: OneWolfe

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Can you explain how this is working, im very curious ...

railcraft adds "water tank siding" ( if I am correct on the spelling ), it is a wooden looking block.
you make a multiblock structure with it, like a coke oven.
3x3x3 witch is hollow.
depending on the biome you please it in it will generate water at a default rate.
+) a dessert will be slow
+) a jungle ( moist biome ) will be fast

it will do that all on it own, nothing else needed.

you can open the gui if you made it correctly and see the water coming in.

you can pull the water out with a vanilla bucket/bottle.
or you can pull it out with any fluid duct or pipe and input into anything that uses vanilla water.
it is that easy.

if it needs more explaining let me know I will see if I can do it again with pictures so it can be a bit more visual and I am a bit more awake. ^.^

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
railcraft adds "water tank siding" ( if I am correct on the spelling ), it is a wooden looking block.
you make a multiblock structure with it, like a coke oven.
3x3x3 witch is hollow.
depending on the biome you please it in it will generate water at a default rate.
+) a dessert will be slow
+) a jungle ( moist biome ) will be fast

it will do that all on it own, nothing else needed.

you can open the gui if you made it correctly and see the water coming in.

you can pull the water out with a vanilla bucket/bottle.
or you can pull it out with any fluid duct or pipe and input into anything that uses vanilla water.
it is that easy.

if it needs more explaining let me know I will see if I can do it again with pictures so it can be a bit more visual and I am a bit more awake. ^.^

i just did not realize it filled with water like a rain barrel, that is pretty cool :D

However I do not see how this could eliminate the need for a bucket early on for Flaxbeard's. I would be cool if I could get a mod dev to code a work around for fresh water in wooden buckets.

Mid and maybe even late game these water tanks may prove useful.

Thanks again for letting me know that is what they did,
OneWolfe-

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
So .. during my exploration i found a nice little wooden house with walls around it and a iron door. Inside was a lever. Lever did not work so i started digging around and found lots of sticky pistons.

Here is the .. fun/problem?. I dug out a few stone blocks so i could go down and get the repeaters and that triggered a cave in. I kid you not, the cave in sound went on for around 5+ min. It probably filled up the entire thing of what was down there.

I did not go down and check since i just got into copper tools, and i heard ghasts ._.

What was inside this dungeon ? :eek:

Also, Sheeps, do they exists? i have been 100 block in every direction and all i have found is pigs and cows. Would be great to have an actual bed so i can get rid of that night and those god awful OP steam zombies.
And without wool it feels like progression goes into a screeching halt. :<

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So .. during my exploration i found a nice little wooden house with walls around it and a iron door. Inside was a lever. Lever did not work so i started digging around and found lots of sticky pistons.

Here is the .. fun/problem?. I dug out a few stone blocks so i could go down and get the repeaters and that triggered a cave in. I kid you not, the cave in sound went on for around 5+ min. It probably filled up the entire thing of what was down there.

I did not go down and check since i just got into copper tools, and i heard ghasts ._.

Also, Sheeps, do they exists? i have been 100 block in every direction and all i have found is pigs and cows. Would be great to have an actual bed so i can get rid of that night and those god awful OP steam zombies.

WOW! I have not seen one of those dungeons generate in a long time ...
That is basically a Steam Power ruin with lost of useful bits that will be needed later on.
If the dungeon caved in then its probably quite safe if the mob spawners are also buried. I would get some bronze tools first before doing lots of excavating :D

Last edited:

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019

This is tfc if you play legit, You sometimes need to travel 30,000 blocks in one direction to find stuff you need.
I had to travel 25,000 blocks to find salt.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019

Sheep spawn at higher elevations (Y level). Make sure you climb up any larger hills/mountains you come across and you should eventually find some. They also won't spawn if it is too hot, so head north (-X, away from the equator) to increase your chances.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I have just submitted version 0.0.16 with alot of exciting new changes!

First, and the main reason why it has been taking me so long, I have finally finished all of the main quests! Hooray! All of the quests should work and have material rewards although some may not have well written stories. I will have to get to the story writing another day.

Second, I have finally figured out how to use the Loot Bags from HQM so look forward to some of them appearing as quest rewards! I am still working on a way to get the mobs to drop them as well.

Third, due to increasing demand I have doubled the area that ruins will spawn to at least 512 blocks so there should be alot more space between them!

Fourth, I have halved all of the Zombie Awareness settings and hopefully turned of their insane call for help feature. My reasons for this is that with the extreme numbers of zombies spawning and summoning even more zombies there was almost no room for any of the other mobs to spawn. If you prefer to have the massively huge hordes of zombies feel free to reset their configs. The easiest way to do this is to delete ZombieAwareness folder and restart the game. The mod will simply recreate all the configs.

Fifth, Lots of new mods were added, so actually have added new content like ElectriCraft, while others are simply utilities that were added to enhance the client experience such as DynamicLights and DamageIndicators.

And Lastly, I have added a mod called Streams which adds real flowing rivers and small streams to your map. Streams will alter the world generation as well as add flowing water blocks and may not work with existing world. Many will have to start new worlds to to get the new streams. And if your PC is like mine and can barely run TFC as it is I recommend disabling Streams to save yourself some FPS. Disabling Streams after a world is generated unfortunately wont make a difference in FPS since the flowing water will already be in place.

For a list of all the mods currently in the pack please check the first post in this thread.

I am getting very close to finishing the pack and want to thank everyone for their patience and help, I would never have gotten this far with out all of you!
OneWolfe-

Reactions: Draco_X

stone_wall

Jul 29, 2019
When I start a world, I don't get a Quest Book. And if I give myself one, it is in edit mode. Is there a fix for this?

Draco_X

Jul 29, 2019
When I start a world, I don't get a Quest Book. And if I give myself one, it is in edit mode. Is there a fix for this?

That was a error in the 0.0.15 version, you can change it in your TFP instance folder>configs>hqm, but the new version 0.0.16 should go live today anyway if you give it a few hours that should be fixed.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
That was a error in the 0.0.15 version, you can change it in your TFP instance folder>configs>hqm, but the new version 0.0.16 should go live today anyway if you give it a few hours that should be fixed.

Hopefully its out in a few hours. I submitted it pretty late last night so it could be on the bottom of the cue and end up taking all day. There have even been a few times where its taken several days before the update gets pushed out the launcher ...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I just stumbled upon the pack. Is it mainly for solo play, or does it have the option to work in a multiplayer enviorment? And if so, is anyone running a server for it?

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I just stumbled upon the pack. Is it mainly for solo play, or does it have the option to work in a multiplayer enviorment? And if so, is anyone running a server for it?

Yes it works great on a server, in fact I highly recommend playing the pack in multiplayer :D

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
What am I doing wrong with Salt? The quest says to put salt rock in the crafting grid with any hammer and you get powdered salt. I put Rock salt in the grid with a hammer and nothing happens. I am probably missing something obvious.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
What am I doing wrong with Salt? The quest says to put salt rock in the crafting grid with any hammer and you get powdered salt. I put Rock salt in the grid with a hammer and nothing happens. I am probably missing something obvious.

That is an interesting bug, I have not run across that one before. I was having a similar issue with brass sheets. They would not craft on the anvil, but when I updated the TFC version they worked fine.

Are you using the Rock Salt small rocks or the full blocks? What kind of hammer are you using? There is an alternate way to make the salt, just grind the rocks in a device called a Quern, but it requires a metal pick and a chisel to make.

I am very curious about this bug :D are you able to share a screenshot?

Rokkitz

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the effort on the modpack.
However, I dont seem to get a questbook although I followed the advice to get change to "=false" as mentioned above.
Cant seem to cheat one in either, so cant really get started.

First comment is that you can harvest wood planks from some of the ruins and thus make a crafting table without a saw Not sure if that is an acceptable shortcut or need to get fixed. Guess its not game changing really.

Also, I seem to have run into the same bug twice:
Ocean Oil Field is trying to spawn but cant. So it crashes the save.

Looking forward to a future version and will for sure give this a second try since everything else is awesome! =)

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the effort on the modpack.
However, I dont seem to get a questbook although I followed the advice to get change to "=false" as mentioned above.
Cant seem to cheat one in either, so cant really get started.

First comment is that you can harvest wood planks from some of the ruins and thus make a crafting table without a saw Not sure if that is an acceptable shortcut or need to get fixed. Guess its not game changing really.

Also, I seem to have run into the same bug twice:
Ocean Oil Field is trying to spawn but cant. So it crashes the save.

Looking forward to a future version and will for sure give this a second try since everything else is awesome! =)

A lot of the mods are mostly endgame stuff and not even compatible with tfc. Yes you can get early planks but that will get you maybe building material for a house, 99% of tfc related crafting is done with tfc boards which requires a saw.