[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
So when can we be expecting the 0.0.16 release in the launcher? I'm really anxious to get started...Also are there servers currently or planning on hosting this mod that are looking for players?

Draco_X

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I seem to have run into the same bug twice:
Ocean Oil Field is trying to spawn but cant. So it crashes the save.

Guess railcraft worldgen is still enabeled, if you go to config>railcraft>modules world should be set to false.
Thjat should fix that i think, there shouldn't be any other railcraft worldgen.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
So when can we be expecting the 0.0.16 release in the launcher? I'm really anxious to get started...Also are there servers currently or planning on hosting this mod that are looking for players?

Version 0.0.16 was submitted Sunday night. If its not out yet then the FTB staff must be backed up :(

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
Darn .. would be great to have the update now. After i read the update i kind of dont want to play my old map anymore becouse there is added world gen in the new update :<

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
I'm personally more excited for the Questing Book, I love mods with in-game documentation (since trying to run a browser on the same computer as Minecraft is a no go for my RAM) and HQM basically puts that in the mod-pack-maker's hands. I'm ok with TFC but without a little direction, I figure I would get lost in the details.

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm personally more excited for the Questing Book, I love mods with in-game documentation (since trying to run a browser on the same computer as Minecraft is a no go for my RAM) and HQM basically puts that in the mod-pack-maker's hands. I'm ok with TFC but without a little direction, I figure I would get lost in the details.

I completely agree! I have the very same problem, quite often while building this pack I would have to switch back and forth between the game and the browser, the memory leaks would just eat up all of my RAM until the computer would just freeze up leaving me the only option to just unplug it :( Sometimes after a freeze like that I would loose hours of work because I forgot to save often enough ...

Orma

Jul 29, 2019

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
I completely agree! I have the very same problem, quite often while building this pack I would have to switch back and forth between the game and the browser, the memory leaks would just eat up all of my RAM until the computer would just freeze up leaving me the only option to just unplug it :( Sometimes after a freeze like that I would loose hours of work because I forgot to save often enough ...
Yea, not to mention it's kind of breaks you out of the immersion of an steam-punk engineer trying to pick up the pieces or just survive as the case may be. I'll just have to wait until tonight to see if they finally added it to the launcher.

Edit: Can anyone confirm that it is updated on the launcher yet? If not, I can report when it is updated as soon as I know...which probably won't be able to check again until five or so hours as of this edit.

Last edited:

RaptorSB

Jul 29, 2019
thebarbarian09, it hasn't updated for me yet, as of this time. Went with the 15 version, and have the same issue a couple others did with not getting the HQM book. Waitin' patiently for the update to catch up. lol

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
thebarbarian09, it hasn't updated for me yet, as of this time. Went with the 15 version, and have the same issue a couple others did with not getting the HQM book. Waitin' patiently for the update to catch up. lol

I accidentally left HQM in edit mode.
It should be easy to fix just turn off editmode and create a new world.
To fix it go to \config\hqm\editmode.cfg and set B:UseEditor=false

Hope this helps. Even though I submitted the update on sunday ive seen it take as long as a week some times :(

Sorry for the incovenience :(

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
I accidentally left HQM in edit mode.
It should be easy to fix just turn off editmode and create a new world.
To fix it go to \config\hqm\editmode.cfg and set B:UseEditor=false

Hope this helps. Even though I submitted the update on sunday ive seen it take as long as a week some times :(

Sorry for the inconvenience :(

As I said before, it's not your fault...I've been catching your Youtube videos on the pack in the meantime to prepare. The ones with Honey are absolutely adorable...:) and your guide series on how to survive your first nights and so on have been useful. At the very least, you earned yourself another subscriber in the process so keep up the good work and don't get yourself down. We can wait for the FTB staff to get themselves in gear (pardon the pun :p)

Last edited:

cipher101

Jul 29, 2019
I am so gonna try this, I hate it when mod makers slap all possible mods in one pack.
Thank you for this one will go try it now :)

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Even though I submitted the update on sunday ive seen it take as long as a week some times

with the update from 13 to 14 I asked the third party pack admin why it took so long. he informed me then that everything was uploaded and ready, except for one file: the file that the launcher checks to see what versions are available.
after that the update was available.
so if it takes an ungodly amount of time inform him of this OneWolfe as "it is usually the pack author that informs the staff".

^.^ hope it helps

Orma

Jul 29, 2019
I am so gonna try this, I hate it when mod makers slap all possible mods in one pack.
Reason there are not so many mods is becouse of TFC. It does not play well with so many other mods(its getting better tho) :>

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019

Reason there are not so many mods is becouse of TFC. It does not play well with so many other mods(its getting better tho) :>

Yes, what Orma said is very true, there are a great many mods that just WILL NOT work with TFC. Many of them simply crash the game while others just will not work with the TFC blocks. For example none of the farming mods like Mine Factory Reloaded dont recognize any of the TFC crops or trees so it is kind of pointless to add them :(

Incompatibility is the biggest issue but I also wanted to stick with more of and adventure theme to this pack, so there are a lot of hand crafted ruins to explore as well as custom mobs and some of the cool Bosses from Twilight Forest. It has also been tough to find just the right tech mods for this pack. When we started planning it out back in October we started with a fairly long list but eventually whittled it down to just Cogs, Flaxbeard's and RailCraft and decided to go with a steam punk feel. After the rest of the guys stopped play testing the pack I went ahead and added RotaryCraft. Yes it may seem very OP for a low tech TFC pack, but I felt that with its sheer complexity of gears and moving parts it was the logical next step after Cogs and RailCraft. In fact I have tried to make sure that there is no way to reach RotaryCraft with out having gone through RailCraft first.

If I add any more mods to the pack they will have to meet some strict criteria and either add adventure based content or have a fairly low tech level.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
with the update from 13 to 14 I asked the third party pack admin why it took so long. he informed me then that everything was uploaded and ready, except for one file: the file that the launcher checks to see what versions are available.
after that the update was available.
so if it takes an ungodly amount of time inform him of this OneWolfe as "it is usually the pack author that informs the staff".

^.^ hope it helps

Thanks I will inquire about the issue with them today.

EDIT: I have just noticed that they have put up a bulletin for highering new staff. I wonder if they lost some people recently and might have a hard time getting all the packs updated quickly ...

Last edited:

BigManVegas

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing this pack for a little bit(first TFC playthrough) and after many starting worlds and the exploration some of the most common ruins that I've encountered is the house with the sticky piston floor, most of them broken. I've even had 3 right next to each other and the twilight boss spawns are crazy for some of the ruins. I did have to turn off the zombie awareness though it was too much to do anything with about 3min of work and the rest either hiding in a ruin or a hole in the ground. I 've had a walkabout around some of the ruins and saw a "rougelike dungeon" and before I got too close a hydra exploded out of the castle and I was like nopenopenope. Keep up the good work on the pack so far!

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing this pack for a little bit(first TFC playthrough) and after many starting worlds and the exploration some of the most common ruins that I've encountered is the house with the sticky piston floor, most of them broken. I've even had 3 right next to each other and the twilight boss spawns are crazy for some of the ruins. I did have to turn off the zombie awareness though it was too much to do anything with about 3min of work and the rest either hiding in a ruin or a hole in the ground. I 've had a walkabout around some of the ruins and saw a "rougelike dungeon" and before I got too close a hydra exploded out of the castle and I was like nopenopenope. Keep up the good work on the pack so far!

Wow! I am really glad that you liked the Hydra :D

It is really strange how the Ruins mod seems to get stuck on just one or two ruins most of the time with a lot less variety that I would like.

Zombie Awareness is really OP in the beginning so I have turned down the settings for the next update, mostly because they are killing the spawn rates and preventing any of the other custom mobs from spawning.

thebarbarian09

Jul 29, 2019
I'm all for higher tech/magic but I want to work for it which is why I'm starting to like the TFC based mod packs more and more. I honestly feel like I'm working my way from the stone age all the way to automatic and advanced machinery/magic with more and more complexity. Plus the zombie awareness, world bosses, and ruins simply give a catalyst for progress and motivation.

One criticism I could pose to this one pack in particular is the lack of varied weaponry but this is more inherent to TFC and the process in making them. I would propose using a mod like Balkon's Weaponry but editing the recipes to use the TFC processes/materials. I'm a sucker for muskets and I think it would fit into the steampunk theme you are going for. Plus it would certainly help against the bigger bosses and such.