[1.7.10] TerraFirmaPunk 2.0 - TerraFirmaCraft & SteamPunk Adventures

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Concerning Glenn's Gases:

It appears that it might need a bit of work to integrate into TerraFirmaCraft. The TFC pit kiln doesn't seem to put out any smoke. On the other hand, the fires in the trees from the Ghastly Infernal Zombies do produce smoke. I'm guessing that TFC has its own version of fire. I haven't tried to produce steam with TFC water (pouring it onto lava should do so) but I suspect that it to may also not register with Glenn's Gases.

In addition, I suspect that the Glenn's Gases world generation doesn't generate in a TFC world - though I wonder if adding appropriate entries into the TFC ore generation config file might get gas pockets to be created using TFC generation.

Yes TFC fire is very different and may prove an inconvenience with certain other mods :confused:

There are several mods that add ores and other world generation features and less than 1% of them even remotely effect TFC world gen :( There is one however that does help bridge the gap and inject vanilla style ores in the world generation. I forget what the mod is called because I am not currently using it in the pack ... yet :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuro-Maii

TheOfficialSlyBear

Jul 29, 2019
I'm truly loving this modpack! It is how ever super laggy but that's to be expected with TFC! Anyways MrOneWolf, I'm loving it and I just created this Account to check out things on here and be able to post things as well! Great work my Friend. Keep it up, I'm for one going to be recording plenty of this ModPack. Hopefully one day maybe even with you and spud. :)

-----
TheOfficialSlyBear
Youtube Channel -
http://goo.gl/KwQQUl

Reactions: OneWolfe

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm truly loving this modpack! It is how ever super laggy but that's to be expected with TFC! Anyways MrOneWolf, I'm loving it and I just created this Account to check out things on here and be able to post things as well! Great work my Friend. Keep it up, I'm for one going to be recording plenty of this ModPack. Hopefully one day maybe even with you and spud. :)

Thank you very much for stopping by SlyBear :D cant wait to see your LPs.

Have you tried adding Fastcraft or Optifine to see if they help with lag. Also the Ruins mod can cause some serious FPS drops when loading new chunks so another suggestion would be to try preloading the map before recording. On the server I would often fly around in creative to load the map so the rest of the guys didn't have to deal with chunk loading issues.

Draco_X

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there .o/
First off thanks for putting all the effort in making this pack :) i saw it a while ago in the TFC forums when it was still technofirma or something along those lines. ^^ (nvm. guess thats another but simmilar pack)
its been quite fun up to the point i'm at now. (late bronze age/started cogs and FSP )

I played the pack for a little while and just wanted to share a few thoughts and random rambelings. :)

Regarding Infernal Mobs and Zombie Awareness, if you played with these before (maybe in Blood'n'Bones/CrashLanding/ect.) you know the drill how to hide/defend your base, (good ol' moat and wall will do the trick.) but for players new to those mods it might be hard to grasp things like that light attracts mobs or that you may have a bad time if you didn't plan a second exit or a panic room/safe spawn.

Many Items from other mods than TFC don't seem to be worth it or even work, like FSP or Railcraft axes can't chop TFC trees, swords do only 6 damage to mobs with 4k health, the picks do work but a Railcraft Steel pick still takes 3 Ingots and has only 500 durability compared to a TFC Steel pick with 3000+ durability for just one ingot, armor dosn't seem to reduce damage at all, so meh ;)
Since you added the recipies and quests for the tools and weapons it would be cool if it were possible to change them into the TFC format so they become actually useful.

Oh and giant miner picks are soo imba :D i love them, they mine a 5x5x5 in one chop makes getting stone and ores a breeze ;) which i actually do like since i don't have much time to play and those just make grinding ressources a lot less painful.

Speaking of grinding i love the idea of getting lossless Charcoal using the coke oven, but the recipe takes just vanilla sand, the only way to get that seems to be using a rockcrusher.
(Which is really expensive 108 Pig Iron and 96 Bronze Ingots, holy smokes)
You could add a TFC-Gravel>Sand recipe to the stone pounder i guess or just make it accept any sand but require a iron ingot or something so people need to actually work to upgrade their charcoal production.

A few more random thoughts:

The Blastfurnace quest requires a Railcraft Blastfurnace rather than a TFC.
Enchantment tables don't recognize TFC Bookshelfes limiting enchanting to lvl 7 :/, a TFC>Vanilla Shelf recipe would be a easy fix.
Guess we arn't supposed to go to the nether? Its possible to make a portal but it just spawn you ontop of the bedrock ceeling ;)
Vanilla Inventorys don't care about TFC Size/weight, also TFC time dosn't tick in them so food dosn't decay and ingots dosn't cool in them, making them kinda cheaty for storing lots of stuff you couldn't otherwise, but i guess its up to the people if they wanna (ab)use that.

Sounds like we'll get some new worldgen with ne next TFP update? So i may wait untill then and give it another shot ican't be bothered spending a ton of time in this version if some mayor things change and i need to start a new workd in a few weeks anyway :p

Last edited:

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there .o/
First off thanks for putting all the effort in making this pack :) i saw it a while ago in the TFC forums when it was still technofirma or something along those lines. ^^ (nvm. guess thats another but simmilar pack)
its been quite fun up to the point i'm at now. (late bronze age/started cogs and FSP )

I played the pack for a little while and just wanted to share a few thoughts and random rambelings. :)
You could add a TFC-Gravel>Sand recipe to the stone pounder i guess or just make it accept any sand but require a iron ingot or something so people need to actually work to upgrade their charcoal production.

Hey Thanks for the awesome huge post :D

I am really not sure where to begin with this one, guess I start with the tools ...

Railcraft Tools Don't Work:
At this time I do not know how to alter tool and weapon damages to equivalent TFC values. I use a mod called Mob Properties to balance the Twilight Forest and Vanilla mobs but do not know of any mod that will do the same for the other vanilla and modded tools :(
Unfortunately none of the axes that use vanilla damage values will work on TFC trees. The quests are there just as something extra to do until I am able to balance the tools properly.

Giant Axes:
I didn't know that the giant axes would do that so this is awesome to find out :D

Coke Oven:
Railcraft is one of the End-Game level techs along with Archimedes Ships and RotaryCraft so should take a lot of time to reach. The big reason I don't want an easy way to get vanilla sand since it is a main component in smelting HSLA steel for RotaryCraft. I do agree that the coke oven should not require the Rock Crusher to craft so I will look into scripting and alternate recipe for it. There should be some quests that have vanilla sand as a reward :D
Oh and at this point ModTweaker does not seem to work with the Stone Pounder yet but I will keep trying to figure it out.

Blast Furnace Quest:
If I am understanding correctly, your saying that the Blast Furnace quest on the Steel Age page requires a Railcraft Blast Furnace block instead of the correct TFC Blast Furnace block. This is clearly a mistake on my part and will be correct ASAP. Thank you for pointing it out :D

Enchantment Table not Recognizing TFC Bookshelves:
When I was first putting the pack together I tested the TFC bookshelves and they seemed to work fine. I hope the recent update hasn't changed that :(

DON'T GO TO THE NETHER:
Any time I have ever tried to go to the nether in TFC it would crash the game and corrupt my map. I understand that with the introduction of vanilla iron it is possible to craft a vanilla flint and steel and open a nether portal, but at this point some of the mods absolutely require vanilla iron and I don't know how to keep players from actually opening a portal. The TFC devs have been working on this issue as well. Only thing I can think of would be to add World Guard and just kick/ban/kill anyone who places obsidian ... lol :p just kidding :D

Vanilla Chests too OP:
I do not mind having a few vanilla chests floating around the world since I have added a lot to the pack that makes the game much harder and there are some recipes that will only work with vanilla chests so that should remove a few of what players will find. The reason those chests are there is because the Custom Loot mod only recognizes vanilla chests when generating the random, dungeon like, loot chests around the world. This is a possible consideration for removal ...

Thanks for all of the awesome suggestions and for identifying those bugs, this really helps me out a lot :D
OneWolfe-

TheOfficialSlyBear

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you very much for stopping by SlyBear :D cant wait to see your LPs.

Have you tried adding Fastcraft or Optifine to see if they help with lag. Also the Ruins mod can cause some serious FPS drops when loading new chunks so another suggestion would be to try preloading the map before recording. On the server I would often fly around in creative to load the map so the rest of the guys didn't have to deal with chunk loading issues.

----
I've installed both Fastcraft and Optifine. Ruins mod causes lag? Hmm. Oh well, It's fun. Oh my word I never thought of that. That's such a great idea, Fly around for awhile to load all the chunks. Thank you for that idea! :)

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Thanks for the awesome huge post :D

I am really not sure where to begin with this one, guess I start with the tools ...

Railcraft Tools Don't Work:
At this time I do not know how to alter tool and weapon damages to equivalent TFC values. I use a mod called Mob Properties to balance the Twilight Forest and Vanilla mobs but do not know of any mod that will do the same for the other vanilla and modded tools :(
Unfortunately none of the axes that use vanilla damage values will work on TFC trees. The quests are there just as something extra to do until I am able to balance the tools properly.

Giant Axes:
I didn't know that the giant axes would do that so this is awesome to find out :D

Coke Oven:
Railcraft is one of the End-Game level techs along with Archimedes Ships and RotaryCraft so should take a lot of time to reach. The big reason I don't want an easy way to get vanilla sand since it is a main component in smelting HSLA steel for RotaryCraft. I do agree that the coke oven should not require the Rock Crusher to craft so I will look into scripting and alternate recipe for it. There should be some quests that have vanilla sand as a reward :D
Oh and at this point ModTweaker does not seem to work with the Stone Pounder yet but I will keep trying to figure it out.

Blast Furnace Quest:
If I am understanding correctly, your saying that the Blast Furnace quest on the Steel Age page requires a Railcraft Blast Furnace block instead of the correct TFC Blast Furnace block. This is clearly a mistake on my part and will be correct ASAP. Thank you for pointing it out :D

Enchantment Table not Recognizing TFC Bookshelves:
When I was first putting the pack together I tested the TFC bookshelves and they seemed to work fine. I hope the recent update hasn't changed that :(

DON'T GO TO THE NETHER:
Any time I have ever tried to go to the nether in TFC it would crash the game and corrupt my map. I understand that with the introduction of vanilla iron it is possible to craft a vanilla flint and steel and open a nether portal, but at this point some of the mods absolutely require vanilla iron and I don't know how to keep players from actually opening a portal. The TFC devs have been working on this issue as well. Only thing I can think of would be to add World Guard and just kick/ban/kill anyone who places obsidian ... lol just kidding :D

Vanilla Chests too OP:
I do not mind having a few vanilla chests floating around the world since I have added a lot to the pack that makes the game much harder and there are some recipes that will only work with vanilla chests so that should remove a few of what players will find. The reason those chests are there is because the Custom Loot mod only recognizes vanilla chests when generating the random, dungeon like, loot chests around the world. This is a possible consideration for removal ...

Thanks for all of the awesome suggestions and for identifying those bugs, this really helps me out a lot :D
OneWolfe-
One thing of note when storing food in a vanilla chest it treats it as a unloaded chunk. So if your steak is at 1% decay in the chest and doesn't seem to change over time it will once removed. So in away the vanilla chest doesn't break the game in that sense.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
----
I've installed both Fastcraft and Optifine. Ruins mod causes lag? Hmm. Oh well, It's fun. Oh my word I never thought of that. That's such a great idea, Fly around for awhile to load all the chunks. Thank you for that idea! :)

Some of the ruins are quite large and do take alot of CPU to generate, and even worse are the underground ruins which all seem to be caving in causing even more lag and I need to either remove them or find a way to fix the issue.

Reactions: TheOfficialSlyBear

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Now I remember why I took out the Decorations Mod :( Only after loosing a weeks worth of work!

Apparently when TFC Decorations is installed it completely corrupts the HQM quest book, so I lost all the changes I have made to the quests this week so the next update will be delayed ... again :(

EDIT: I might be able to enable it for the update but will NOT be able to make any quests for it.

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
One thing of note when storing food in a vanilla chest it treats it as a unloaded chunk. So if your steak is at 1% decay in the chest and doesn't seem to change over time it will once removed. So in away the vanilla chest doesn't break the game in that sense.
Sort of... If it's "unloaded" for longer than 24 in game days (8 hours real time) it will only do a single decay tick instead of catching up to all the missed ones. My understanding is that's primarily there so players in SMP who log off for a couple IRL days don't log back on and instantly lose all their food.

TheOfficialSlyBear

Jul 29, 2019
Now I remember why I took out the Decorations Mod :( Only after loosing a weeks worth of work!

Apparently when TFC Decorations is installed it completely corrupts the HQM quest book, so I lost all the changes I have made to the quests this week so the next update will be delayed ... again :(

EDIT: I might be able to enable it for the update but will NOT be able to make any quests for it.
---
That sucks, Well I'm sure you'll be able to do something. :)

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
the first couple of worlds I generated where super lagy,
I didn't knew what caused it so I dumped the world and made a new one.
picking world gen seeds I thought up from things I like.
I then happened to get lucky and I now have 2 lag free worlds one one of them I play when I am not streaming and the other I streamed the creation of and am currently only playing it for my streams.

so for those struggling with lagy worlds try a different seed ( but don't throw the old world away ) and see if you get a world with less lag.

I do have fastcraft in the pack enabled.
also from what I heard is that fastcraft and optifine don't 'like' to work together so keep that in mind when testing the pack with them.

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Could you give us a hint about any new mods or additions to the pack that are coming up?

Oooooh Hints eh, let me see if I can be really really criptic ;)

Hint #1: Duck and Cover!
Hint #2: Sulfuric Acid ...
Hint #3: Row row row ur boat gently down the " "
Hint #4: Giddy-up little Critter
Hint #5: Shine ur light on me!

Hope this helps :D

Reactions: Kuro-Maii

OneWolfe

Jul 29, 2019
That sucks dude.You are still pushing out the update and then like a hot patch for those things, or what?

No not a hot fix. If I submit the pack as it is right now there wont be any quests at all, the book is totally corrupt :(
What I have to do is reload the book from version 14 and start over from there, making sure to save backups as I go along.

I was on course to have an update ready Friday but now I am thinking I will need all weekend to finish the quest book and then submit the update by Monday :D

After that it should be just clean up and the final push to get this thing finished so I can finally release version 1.0!!

Kuro-Maii

Jul 29, 2019
Oooooh Hints eh, let me see if I can be really really criptic ;)

Hint #1: Duck and Cover!
Hint #2: Sulfuric Acid ...
Hint #3: Row row row ur boat gently down the " "
Hint #4: Giddy-up little Critter
Hint #5: Shine ur light on me!

Hope this helps :D

Now I want to take a wild guess... ^.^

well here goes nothing:
+) Glen's gasses
+) mo creatures
+) alternate terrain generation
That is all I got... and I may be wrong with all 6 of them. ;P

Skincrawler

Jul 29, 2019
No not a hot fix. If I submit the pack as it is right now there wont be any quests at all, the book is totally corrupt :(
What I have to do is reload the book from version 14 and start over from there, making sure to save backups as I go along.

I was on course to have an update ready Friday but now I am thinking I will need all weekend to finish the quest book and then submit the update by Monday :D

After that it should be just clean up and the final push to get this thing finished so I can finally release version 1.0!!
Take your time can't rush perfection.