[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I just got a chance to do my first playthrough of SI 1.1 just now, and noticed a couple problems. In case you're having the same problems:
  • If the game crashes on startup with "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 9", then you will need to downgrade Special Mobs from 3.2.0 to 3.1.1
  • If, when you start the game, you are constantly dumped to the Tinker's Construct armor inventory screen, then you will need to completely disable "Not Enough Keys."
Keep in mind that the downgrade process described here is a workaround; something to help you get to playing before the fixes find their way into the launcher. If you follow these steps, you shouldn't need to do anything once the fix is pushed through. You probably won't need to follow these steps if you're not having the issues, but in case you're playing SMP with someone who is, the version might become an issue, so it doesn't hurt to do this anyway.

To downgrade, you need to perform two steps:
  1. Disable the existing mods
  2. Download the lower-version mods into the appropriate folder.
Disabling the existing mods is quite easy:
  1. First, in the launcher with Survival Industry selected, click on the button labeled "Edit Mod Pack:"
    Feed The Beast Launcher v1.4.8_001.png
  2. Then, when the menu is up, click on the offending mod and click "Disable>>"
    2015-09-09_Mod Pack Editor(002).png
Adding a new mod is somewhat more involved, but not too difficult:
  1. Download the mod from Curse. (Special Mobs)
  2. At the bottom of the "Edit Mod Pack" window is a button labeled "Open Folder." Click it.
    2015-09-09_Mod Pack Editor(003).png
  3. Drag and drop the downloaded mod(s) into the folder opened by the button.
    2015-09-09_4(004).png
At this point, you should no longer have any problems launching and starting the game. I apologize for the inconvenience this causes, and we hope to have the issues resolved soon.

Last edited:

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
Why Blast Furnace wont work? I played Rotarycraft some time ago, but it looks like broken.
I placed Blast Furnace near Lava, 600+ C already, Sand, Coal, Gunpowder, Iron in right slots like in receipt

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
I can't really help because i don't really know rotarycraft, but i remmember it being a multiblock, so check that.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The blast furnace is not a multiblock; it is a single block that needs to be placed directly over a lava block. Once it heats to 600 degrees, it should start making HSLA Steel. I'm launching the game to check the issue now.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I've just reached 600 degrees; I have a sand block in the top-left slot, a coal in the middle-left, and gunpowder in the bottom-left, with the 9x9 grid filled with iron ingots.

It is smelting HSLA steel just fine.

2015-09-10_Minecraft 1.7.10(001).png

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... Even with only 1 coal, and even in a Taiga, I don't seem to be having any problems making HSLA steel.

Did you start playing with 1.1.0, or did you upgrade?

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh, okay. I was starting to get worried. I really didn't want my first modpack to be buggy from the start (despite the fact that there are fires still needing to be put out). :-/

On a happier note, the description has now been updated (I'm rather proud of it), and "Villager's Nose" is no longer erroneously being shown in the modlist.

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
In NEI we can see HSLA Hammer head, but its impossible to craft it? And only way to progress to obsidian is to make molten obsidian inside smeltery?

PS. I found solution, easy.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say the sounds should stay enabled. If someone doesn't like them, they can just put wool over the engines to quiet them.
A little difficult to do with steam engines. The fire you use to heat the engine can set the wool on fire sometimes. And blocking up the ass of a Gas turbine is an extremely bad idea.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
A little difficult to do with steam engines. The fire you use to heat the engine can set the wool on fire sometimes. And blocking up the ass of a Gas turbine is an extremely bad idea.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
one of mods makes sound not pass through walls. so you might be able to do a wall and it should work

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Not really, the Sound Filters mod simply reduces volume depending on how many blocks are between you and the thing making noise.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
In NEI we can see HSLA Hammer head, but its impossible to craft it? And only way to progress to obsidian is to make molten obsidian inside smeltery?

PS. I found solution, easy.

For those who don't know, once you reach the redstone mining level, you also have the ability to mine diamonds. Once this happens, you can use a diamond as a modifier for your pickaxe; this increases the pickaxe's durability, but in addition, when the modifier is manually placed (not when it's automatically applied through leveling), you also gain the ability to mine obsidian.

As for HSLA steel not casting, that's strange. I'll have to look into it when I get a chance.

Last edited:

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
About adding more stuff regarding mobs; The Apocalypse mod has something called a "full moon". Apparently it can feature something called a "siege event", where special mobs spawn to get through your defenses, in addition to normal mobs. It also adds increasing difficulty depending on playtime, but you may want to play around with the configs for that. Didn't actually experience it myself yet, just read about it. But sounds more interestening than Bloodmoon, for me at least.
About the engine sound, I'd suggest lowering the volume, without disabling it completely.
Aside from that, sounds like a great pack, just what I've been searching for. Now to find some people to play with...

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, that sounds a lot like the Invasion mod, except the invasions randomly occur. And the Invasion Mod is already in the pack. And if you want that level of hardcore, the mod has options which allow those mobs to spawn at night.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk