[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Before bloodmoon; alright, this is going pretty good.
After bloodmoon; okay, now to clean up my death markers and the holes all around the base...

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Before bloodmoon; alright, this is going pretty good.
After bloodmoon; okay, now to clean up my death markers and the holes all around the base...
So, still thinking about adding the apocalypse mod to the pack?

Keep in mind that this was the reason I didn't add infernal mobs or mutant creatures, either... Zombie Awareness, Special Mobs, and Special AI are mob force multipliers. And bloodmoon takes this up to 11.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't really plan on adding apocalypse for the harder mobs n stuff, just the siege events. but since that's covered...
Maybe if I'm at the endgame and feel mobs became too easy, I'll add it. Though I'll probably be too lazy then.
only around the base?
you go out of it easily
Well. "around the base" as in "as far as i can see". >_>

Also, something wrong on my end, or how come I don't see a WAILA tooltip for crops?

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't really plan on adding apocalypse for the harder mobs n stuff, just the siege events. but since that's covered...
Maybe if I'm at the endgame and feel mobs became too easy, I'll add it. Though I'll probably be too lazy then.

Well. "around the base" as in "as far as i can see". >_>

Also, something wrong on my end, or how come I don't see a WAILA tooltip for crops?
At the endgame, you can just as easily make a nexus and a catalyst, and see how long you can defend the nexus from the wave after wave of invasion mobs that will just keep coming. ;)

As for WAILA, is it showing anything else?

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, didn't find anything else where it doesn't display a thing.
Else I would've been sure it was a problem on my end... ;p

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure. I'll add that to my list of things to look into upon returning home.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, it's probably just me, but I'll ask anyways. Does aluminum generate in veins as the other ores, and do the flowers for it "Affine" generate as well?
Since I've been searching for about half an hour for the flowers now, and didn't find a thing (got deserts/ocean to all sides by now, so exploration is a pain).
Didn't find a trace of it while just randomly digging for about 2-3 hours either. Seeing as it's kinda the entry material to the smeltery stuff, I'd assume it shouldn't be _that_ rare...
Then again, I've been searching for about an hour before finding aluminium on a server with default oregen, so it's probably just me...

Whatever the case, any tips on how to dig for ore? I'm seriously getting somewhat frustrated here, given that the only thing holding me back right now is god damn aluminium... (found around 6 veins of iron, while searching for aluminium...)

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe... it wouldn't be the first time I screwed up the oregen; it's all experimental configuration that I've been working on for months. I'll check to make sure the aluminum is generating. That's the whole point of the environment I showed in that video.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Default settings have Electricraft Aluminum in layered veins enabled, while the ticon one is disabled. Not sure if that's affecting it in any way, but I remember the electricraft aluminum being fairly rare, compared to the ticon one. Also remember finding Electricraft Aluminum way deeper than TiCon one.
Edit: Also says "small, fairly rare" for the electricraft aluminum.
Edit2: ffs... made a new world in creative to see if i just got my usual bad luck, took me about 30s to find some aluminum right next to a copper vein, both right on the ground, didn't even have to dig... Welp, just my usual luck then.

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like it will be a couple days before I can fix anything. I came home from work to find out the family was rearranging rooms, and the Internet will be down. :(

UPDATE: Looks like things didn't break as bad as I was afraid they would. Working on the issues now.

Rewyn, have you been having any further issues with the aluminum or the Affine not appearing?

In any event, the ores I enabled were the ones that had the largest spawn amount per chunk. In vanilla, ElectriCraft spawns around 80 Aluminum per chunk, compared to Tinker's Construct's 18 per chunk. In the case of copper, as another example, Thermal Foundation spawns 80 copper per chunk, as compared with ElectriCraft's 48, or Tinker's Construct's 16. If I do eventually add Forestry, it will take over copper generation with its whopping 120 per chunk. The spawn amounts are lower with the oregen I'm using, but they're scaled equally.

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I see the problem with Platinum. ElectriCraft Platinum is harvestable by Iron, but does not have TiC recipes. CoFH Shiny Ore, on the other hand, requires Ardite to mine, and the shiny pickaxe mines at Obsidian level. Both are oredicted to Platinum.

I just have to figure out how to change ElectriCraft ore to require an Ardite-level pickaxe to solve the problem. The problem is that the configuration for Iguana's Tinker Tweaks seems to have ElectriCraft Platinum at level 6 (ardite) already.

As far as I can tell, it seems like the mining level of Platinum is getting overridden; I suspect ElectriCraft itself is enforcing the mining level, but I'm not sure, so I've asked Reika for some clarification.

In the meantime, we'll just leave Platinum as it is now, and trust players to not break progression. The ones that do are cheating themselves out of a challenge, anyways.

Onto the coal... Hmmm... strange. I have 263 and 263:1, but no 263:2. I'm curious to know where you got that coal. It's not showing up in NEI or the creative search.

As for aluminum and affine, I'm able to duplicate the issue, so I've sent a request to Draco to see if he can figure out what's wrong with Affine not spawning.

Last edited:

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, after starting a new world, I found a bunch of aluminum right next to the spawn, so I didn't search further for any. Also no grass above it, just stone, so no chance for flowers in the first place.

Didn't exactly look for it, but don't think I've seen any Affine, while searching for other stuff. But apparently you reproduced the issue with the Affine anyways.
Coal 263:2 doesn't show up in the NEI/Creative for me neither, but can be easily produced with some Fossils and the Analyzer.
Edit: Doesn't work at all with the Blast Furnace, neither for making HSLA Steel, nor Coal Coke

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a suggestion... if you find aluminum near grass, use bonemeal on the grass to see if affine appears. Let me know what happens.

delax000

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, trying to launch and it crashes at what appears to be Special Mobs initialization...
http://pastebin.com/g1uqK2h0

Also, when I've had Special Mobs + Stalker Creepers combo previously, SC was overridden by SM; do they actually work together?