[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
reteo, the problem is the zip, i am uploading a new one that i copied from my client, then i will send it.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
reteo, the problem is the zip, i am uploading a new one that i copied from my client, then i will send it.

Sounds like a winning plan to me. :)

UPDATE:
I believe Reika's looking into the issues with the iron-minable platinum and WAILA Plugins conflicts, so hopefully, we'll see some fixes before too long. In the meantime, I trust you guys not to exploit it to break progression (and if you do, well, enjoy your freedom, because it will not last... heh heh heh... *evil grin*)

As for the coal, obviously, that's not going to be a game-breaking problem, just look for :2 in the ID# before using it in the Blast Furnace.

Hmmm, I wonder if it can be turned to coke in the RailCraft coke oven? I'll have to try that once I restore 1.1.0; I deleted the entire minecraft instance to test the zipfile issue. Yeah, I'm not really the paragon of common sense. But I am thirsty. Time for a coke.

Now, I've gotten it; the coal is completely unusable. However, MineTweaker should allow me to add it to the ore dictionary as coal.

Last edited:

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... so far, I am seeing WAILA for crops, except for the Pumpkin/Melon stalks. Can you list the crops that WAILA isn't showing for you?

Tested with all vanilla seeds and random pam's harvestcraft ones, as well as the Winter Wheat Seed from Harder Wildlife. Didn't show a tooltip for any of them. Note that I'm using the crops from agricraft to plant them. If I plant them the vanilla way, it works just fine.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Tested with all vanilla seeds and random pam's harvestcraft ones, as well as the Winter Wheat Seed from Harder Wildlife. Didn't show a tooltip for any of them. Note that I'm using the crops from agricraft to plant them. If I plant them the vanilla way, it works just fine.

Gotcha. I'll see what I can do here.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry too much about it, it's not like it's a huge issue in the first place. :)
On another note, Matmos keep defaulting it's hotkey to F7 after every restart for me.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. In other news, I've updated the minetweaker script to add the Fossils coal into the ore dictionary. This will not work with the RoC Blast Furnace or the RC Coke Oven, but now, the fossil coal is burnable and usable in any recipe that uses itemCoal or fuelCoal.

If you want to use it immediately, it can be downloaded from the Survival Industry Configuration Github here.

UPDATE:

Hmmm... looks like the only recipe using the oredicted coal is the Imbuing station to make a flask of withering. Oh well, at least it will burn now.

Last edited:

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
I found that crash trigger - trying RMB click on Bevel Gears with Tinkers Construct tools in hand to open GUI. I saw this bug in some modpack in another case.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE:
Looks like part of the problem with Aluminum is that its motherlode spawn average is above-ground. I have to leave for work soon, but I should have the ores whose generators average above the ground use a uniform spawn instead of a bell curve. That should guarantee more actual veins.

Affine does not work at this time. I've verified the issue, and alerted Draco18s of the problem, so hopefully, the issue should be fixed soon. Odds are good this is due to an oredict issue; TiC uses oreAluminum and oreAluminium (a really archaic name).

As usual, if you want the updated configuration, it is available on the github.

In the meantime, bills need to be paid, so it's off to work I go. :(

As for the crash, I'll look at that, and possibly pass the problem on to Boni or Reika (possibly both) as soon as I have time to verify it.

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry too much about it, it's not like it's a huge issue in the first place. :)
On another note, Matmos keep defaulting it's hotkey to F7 after every restart for me.

Keep in mind: There's a reason noogenesis mentioned my attention to detail; I don't let problems, even minor ones, drop. Mod authors would want to know if there are issues, and I want this modpack to be the one I'd want to play. And that means no inconsistencies.

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how much Aluminum needs to be there (read: no clue if the motherlode is in the chunk), but used about half a stack of bonemeal in a chunk above a vein of Aluminum and no Affine.

Keep in mind: There's a reason noogenesis mentioned my attention to detail; I don't let problems, even minor ones, drop. Mod authors would want to know if there are issues, and I want this modpack to be the one I'd want to play. And that means no inconsistencies.

Heh, sounds good. Didn't really mean there's no need to deal with it, just that there's no need to rush it. :)

Edit: WAILA tooltip shows Diamond Gearbox is harvestable with Flint Pickaxe, but it isn't. Same with Bedrock ones. Breakable, but don't drop themselfes.

Last edited:

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Also, WAILA shows you need obsidian mining level for nether quartz, but i can mine it just fine with flint. drops as actual ore however, without the use of silktouch

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like all WAILA add-ons should be disabled while I sort things out... not much point using something unreliable.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you will search waila in this thread you will find so much messages. :D

Going to sleep so bye

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
While you got a point there, that wasn't really the issue. It's more the part that you're able to mine nether quartz with copper level and it's mined as ore, instead of the quartz itself without the use of silk touch.
Also, no Natura for Flamestring? You're making me sad D: Guess I'll add it in on my own, or would there be a reason not to?

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I try to limit world gen as much as possible because the custom oregen already uses a lot of chunk loading cycles replacing ore with stone, generating random numbers and calculating vein trajectories, and then replacing stone blocks with ore. I want to keep the game world responsive.

As for the mining... looks like I'll have my work cut out for me. Still, keep those bug reports coming!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, just couldn't imagine making any kind of cross/long/shortbow without flamestring. ;p
About the bug reports, sure! If I can help in any way, feel free to say something as well.