[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
mob cap should (again should) affect them. also, technically a server restart should make them despawn.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
so does it mean i can't really automate the production of it? i mean unless i use a special dimension?

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I mean that if you start the nexus, you'll need to have access to destroy it if the invasion mobs become overwhelming, or at lease allow them to end the contest. Automating the invasion is not likely a good idea.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The best solution for this is to avoid using bedrock, and instead just use obsidian.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Then make sure they don't get there. The whole point to invasion is to test your defenses. So test them and improve them.

Try making a reactor, an then use shafts to transfer the power to a few van de graafs around the nexus to slaughter any mobs that get through. Maybe make a shock panel field to further thin the herd.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
You know what? Go ahead and create a flat world, and test whether there is a monster cap by encasing the nexus in bedrock, and not killing any mobs that arrive.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
i prettymuch did it already, but with a super high tech castle. also, railguns item input is not automatable :(

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Uninsulated electricraft wires say they shock on contact, does that break the wire or anything? I remember back in the day using IC2 wires with high current as traps.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. Sounds like a worthy experiment.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
from my testings it only electrocutes you. also pretty sure i saw it in one of reika's videos, so that might help

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
They zap whatever comes close, actually.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
What JSL was asking was whether we could use Electricraft's wires as an electrified fence. I'm kinda curious about that myself, now.