[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Also, beware because we are not sure why but there is a bug it looks like, that you don't have mining xp if you use wooden parts. We are still checking that, but the test server had some problems so we got delayed

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Also, beware because we are not sure why but there is a bug it looks like, that you don't have mining xp if you use wooden parts. We are still checking that, but the test server had some problems so we got delayed

It's only for the head. If you use a wooden toolrod or binding, it works just fine. Just if you use a wooden pickaxe head (even if you replace it later), you won't have mining xp and be unable to increase the mining level by leveling (not sure if adding a mobhead would work actually)

About the jetpack; Adding cooling fins to it completely removes the danger of it exploding. Adding the gas turbine (and using jet fuel), it gives the thing a ridiculous boost. Flew like 10k+ blocks upwards within a couple minutes. Similar for horizontal travelling.
Please note that information about the jetpack is still from v7f. :p Don't think I saw anything change, but you might want to check yourself.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Did you guys add the electrum to Rotarycraft recipes, or is that default? I was thinking of requesting a way of mixing silver and gold flakes directly.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
the electrum recipes are default as far as i know, because there is no real way to add recipes to rotarycraft.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
ok I asked him to add an electrum recipe, then. I can, of course, just melt the ingots together in the smeltery, but that's an inpure workaround.
I guess my next project is to get jet fuel processing. Not really looking forward to the complications of it, but I want to use the jet furnace and get bedrock.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I should be able to add "flake mix" recipes using MineTweaker, provided that the ingredient flakes and end result flakes have oredict entries or steady names (and not a sequentially-generated meta number created on startup). If the flakes are dynamically generated, then I am probably not going to be able to do this, and Reika is really the only choice.

As for jet fuel, the biggest challenge is collecting the materials. It gets easier once you have your ghast tear, as well as a stock of the base ingredients, some of which you can craft using Vegan Option recipes ("slime balls" can come from spruce trees, "Blaze rods" are actually made from potatoes, cooking oil, and flint/steel, and soul sand/Netherrack are pretty easy to get). You don't even need to have a powerful engine to use the fractionater.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
My game occasionally crashes when I right click a Rotarycraft machine with a ui, like the fermenter, while holding a TCon tool.

Also coffee from Harvestcraft has no value whatsoever in this pack. It's supposed to be four hunger points according to their wiki.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
My game occasionally crashes when I right click a Rotarycraft machine with a ui, like the fermenter, while holding a TCon tool.

Also coffee from Harvestcraft has no value whatsoever in this pack. It's supposed to be four hunger points according to their wiki.
we know about the tinker's tool issue.

the coffee from harvestcraft shouldn't have four hunger points because there is hunger overhoul. but it is a bug that it gives no hunger.
i will post it in the issue tracker so we can try to fix that

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft version of Cobalt ingots cannot be crafted into a block like the normal TCon ones can, thus requiring re-melting them in the smeltery to convert and store them.
Ardite ingots are the same.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads-up, 1.2.0 is currently in the works, and it includes a lot of fixes to previously-mentioned issues. One thing we're waiting on is for the new RotaryCraft to stabilize, after which, provided all testing works out, the update should be forthcoming.

For those with issues with Tinker's tools, I can't really repair much on those. However, a new progression system is going to be introduced using vanilla tools, so TiC tools will no longer be required to advance in the game progression.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Just a heads-up, 1.2.0 is currently in the works, and it includes a lot of fixes to previously-mentioned issues. One thing we're waiting on is for the new RotaryCraft to stabilize, after which, provided all testing works out, the update should be forthcoming.

For those with issues with Tinker's tools, I can't really repair much on those. However, a new progression system is going to be introduced using vanilla tools, so TiC tools will no longer be required to advance in the game progression.
it means it will probably be up until tuesday if all goes as planned

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019

How's that going to work? Is there a mod that lets you upgrade vanilla tools?

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I dunno how I'd afford to make decent amounts of jet fuel without The Vegan Option's resin and blaze rods.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
How's that going to work? Is there a mod that lets you upgrade vanilla tools?

I am planning on several things. However, vanilla tools will not be upgradeable; once you have a new material, you just make a new tool. The XP mechanic is also going to be disabled; while it was pretty cool to have, it depends on Tinker's Construct, which has essentially said that they will no longer support the 1.7.10 version, except to fix critical problems. Since RotaryCraft doesn't seem to be updating to 1.8 anytime soon, and since RotaryCraft, not Tinker's Construct, is the core of this modpack, I decided to remove the dependency on a no-longer-supported mod.

For now, I'll be using Iguana's Tinker Tweaks to manipulate vanilla tools to follow the new progression, but they cannot be directly upgraded, nor can they gain experience. Eventually, I'll be moving the progression logic to Block Properties, so the tweaks, which depends on TiC, will no longer be needed.

There are other features I'll have to find replacements for, and some I've already found, but need to test. The enchantment table will once again be the main method for adding abilities to tools (aka leveling), and the vanilla anvil will repair enchanted tools (and I may be adding a feature to the table where the anvil can repair tools using one ingot of compatible metal).

I plan to experiment with Tool Utilities to add things like 3x3 mining and right-click placement to tools, Enchantment Plus for making the enchantment table more controllable (akin to manually adding modifiers to tools), and "Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2" will add additional weapons and shields, as well as provide a 2-handed interface similar to later versions of Minecraft. This would also bring the progression in-line with Railcraft's and RotaryCraft's steel tools, as well as the bedrock tools. Keep in mind that these are just things I'm going to experiment with; there's no solid expectation of using them at this time.

Even with the new progression, Tinker's Construct is not going away; it's just not going to be central to the progression anymore.

Man, I dunno how I'd afford to make decent amounts of jet fuel without The Vegan Option's resin and blaze rods.

If you went through the whole process of advancing to the point where you can produce jet fuel, then you're welcome to it. ;)

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Some things: first, from now the machine that repairs tools from vannila from rotarycraft, will now be usefull (think about it).
Also, just a sidenote:
(Fan fact): the minecraft 1.9 update with the shields and 2 hands is based of mine and blade: battlegear 2.

Also, soon i am going to check the whole base defence part from rotarycraft, and whats a better way than an invasion?

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
also, should i surround the nexus and an ender chest or something that transfers item remotely connected to the nexus with bedrock? because i can and then mobs won't be able to pass to the nexus. :D

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
I think the nexus is where you collect your flux, but it's been a while; I could be wrong.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
it is, so my idea is to connect it to something that will transfer it remotely, and then surround it all with bedrock. mob problem solved! :D

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
At least, until the number of entities slows the system/server down to a crawl, without allowing you an easy way to shut it off.