[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
When the extractor can work no more, it sends a redstone pulse (on for a second and then off). The toggle latch will, when such a pulse comes in, turn on a steady redstone signal. When another pulse comes in, it turns that steady signal off.

And this is about an extractor, not the coil. Your solution for the coil is more than sufficient.

If, by your question, you mean that the coil is powering the extractor... I'll have to check, unless someone else knows more on this topic. Is there a pulse when the extractor completely stops due to lack of power?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I feel embarrassed it took me over a day to come up with the idea of making a second extractor. With two gas engines through a 2:1 gearbox, I can run the first and fourth stages just fine (and plus they don't need water, even simpler infrastructure).
How does having two extractors help? You have to fully process stuff in one extractor, and that means all 4 stages.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Just to clarify Keybounce's question a bit: you cannot automate between two extractors; Reika designed the extractor to explicitly ignore the middle two steps for pipe input or output. So having more than one extractor isn't really all that helpful in terms of speeding up output.

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
He may mean a separate system, as in he has built a separate system for testing.
At least I think that's the case.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
The middle two steps (that require high speed) go significantly faster than the first or fourth (that require high torque) in my setup. In a single machine, this creates a jam where the product of the third step, solutions, is produced significantly faster than they can be consumed to output flakes. Manually stuffing those into a second extractor nearby means I can double up on consuming them.

I've got a half dozen stacks each now of redstone and lapis from grinding out aluminum with this system. I know the redstone is a fuel additive for the performance engine, and has a bunch of other uses besides, but not sure what use I can put hundreds of lapis towards.

edit: Speaking off, it's really annoying that ElectricCraft adds aluminum ore, and you can process those ingots the same way as all other ores with RC, including making aluminum powder, and yet the aluminum powder you get as a bonus from the extractor is different, as are the aluminum ingots it smelts into, without any name or visible difference. I understand when this happens from different mods, but since EC is an RC expansion it feels especially galling.

Also that aluminum ore doesn't give the aluminum powder or anything else as a bonus in the extractor

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
RE: Redstone Pump Duplication Glitch

Reika reports that the issue has been fixed. This should be seen once Reika's mods reach v9.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
The middle two steps (that require high speed) go significantly faster than the first or fourth (that require high torque) in my setup. In a single machine, this creates a jam where the product of the third step, solutions, is produced significantly faster than they can be consumed to output flakes. Manually stuffing those into a second extractor nearby means I can double up on consuming them.

I've got a half dozen stacks each now of redstone and lapis from grinding out aluminum with this system. I know the redstone is a fuel additive for the performance engine, and has a bunch of other uses besides, but not sure what use I can put hundreds of lapis towards.

edit: Speaking off, it's really annoying that ElectricCraft adds aluminum ore, and you can process those ingots the same way as all other ores with RC, including making aluminum powder, and yet the aluminum powder you get as a bonus from the extractor is different, as are the aluminum ingots it smelts into, without any name or visible difference. I understand when this happens from different mods, but since EC is an RC expansion it feels especially galling.

Also that aluminum ore doesn't give the aluminum powder or anything else as a bonus in the extractor

the reason for the aluminum types is that: EC is not a RC addon. they interact, but EC is a seperate mod.
also, i am pretty sure aluminum isn't supposed to give a bonus extraction, because some ores don't do that.

also, reteo, nice. another reason i want v9 out already

reteo

Jul 29, 2019

Lapis provides the blue needed for the DecoCraft table (which needs clay, rose red, cactus green, and lapis lazuli), which is the key to making everything DecoCraft provides. It is also a key ingredient in making markers for BuildCraft's builder and filler.

And Gerb, technically, EC is an addon for RotaryCraft; it depends on RotaryCraft to work.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
from what reika said on his mod feedback thread, the reason for a EC aluminum type is that EC is a mod that stands for itself.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
and you forgot the server vote to shut down with the auto restart server thing, because it does work.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
RE: Aluminum Powder

Apparently, RotaryCraft uses the aluminum generated by the extractor, along with blaze powder, to make silicon. It seems silicon is a gating material, so it would make sense to make a unique aluminum specifically for Rotarycraft.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
RE: Aluminum Powder

Apparently, RotaryCraft uses the aluminum generated by the extractor, along with blaze powder, to make silicon. It seems silicon is a gating material, so it would make sense to make a unique aluminum specifically for Rotarycraft.
It's the name, rather than the different uses, that bugs me. It's the same guy behind both aluminums, using them as if they're entirely different things. Couldn't he have renamed one? :p

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
His response makes sense. I'm a bit annoyed that he did it in the first place, but I get not fixing it now and negating existing resources for people who update. He does seem to imply that there doesn't really need to be a difference between the actual aluminum ingots, since it's making the aluminum alloy ingots with silicon dust is the actual progress gate... hm

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
6pV6OAFl.png

1299C. Hot enough to make spring ingots, not quite enough to make tungsten. I made hay while the ethanol and coil lasted, and made enough spring ingots for three watermills. Took a huge amount of steel, but thankfully I had a decent amount of iron in storage to convert from grinding for tungsten flakes.
In a fortunate turn of events a spruce randomly decided to grow enormous in my tree farm, so I can easily get the height for the waterfall. Now though, I have to figure out how to set up these watermills without breaking them because they cost entirely too much for that.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
pretty sure the more speed the friction heater has the higher the temperture, so try using some gearboxes

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it's power-related; speed and torque should be equal.