[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Just rotarycraft. I find Extra Utilities stuff to be cumbersome to craft (easy to set up once made, but complicated to make), and I haven't made a TD based setup in over a year.

There's a lot of ores in the nether that don't seem to have any use. Adamantium, Amber, Rutile, Nikolite, etc. Nikolite can be processed into dust, Amber can be made into RC amber gems, but the others are just black ore, or unprocessable at all, and none of them have a use NEI recognizes. Also, Nether Tungsten doesn't seem to be usable like normal tungsten, the RC machines don't recognize it.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The ores may appear in NEI, but the oregen was explicitly configured not to actually spawn them by default. Did you find those ores in the nether?

As for the Tungsten, this was intentional on Reika ' part. The only Tungsten he wants used is the Tungsten generated as a byproduct of iron in the extractor.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it looks like I've got Forestry mostly figured out. Farming and factory modules can be disabled, although for some reason, this prevents Binnie's mods from working. All the same, Forestry will be added within the next few versions. Gendustry will come as well, as soon as I complete the process of gating it.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
The ores may appear in NEI, but the oregen was explicitly configured not to actually spawn them by default. Did you find those ores in the nether?

As for the Tungsten, this was intentional on Reika ' part. The only Tungsten he wants used is the Tungsten generated as a byproduct of iron in the extractor.

Yeah. Was that a recent patch? I generated a small area of the nether before the most recent update. I still see stuff like Nikolite and Adamantium venturing beyond it, though.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Not really, the config's been in place since the recipe. Did you change anything on creating the world? Do you have a screenshot?

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a screenshot of Nikolite in the immediate area of my nether gate: http://i.imgur.com/61uIoQ0.png

Also, a bug (maybe?), Signalum can't be made. There's two different names for redstone in the smeltery, destabilized redstone and liquid redstone. Signalum's alloy recipe calls for the former, but only the latter can be made. NEI claims the painted ExtraUtilities versions of redstone blocks would melt into destabilized redstone, but it gets 'translated' into the normal liquid redstone instead.

One more: My lumium pickaxe cannot be repaired with lumium. No idea how that could be the case, since there's only one lumium ingot (unlike, say, the seven different possible copper ingots in NEI).

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Redstome Pump can be used to multiply Liquids. Tested With Raw Ender, Enderium and Lava. Enderium/Lava end up as twice the amount, Raw Ender was usually 3-5x.
Figured I'd post this here, not the issue tracker, since it's probably more of an issue for Reika directly.

Also my main reason how I even noticed it; Anyone got an idea how to pump Raw Ender out of the world into tanks? RC Pump doesn't work, Redstone Pump does, but requires me having a way to automatically empty the buckets into a tank (if someone knows an easy way to do that, I don't mind either). Ender-Thermic Pump does replace the Raw Ender with stone, but doesn't seem to pump anything out actually.

And god damnit, been doing nothing but mining for silver for about 2 irl hours now, it's really getting depressing. If I continue as I am, I'll have the full 4 chunks around the flower mined out.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I've added the nether ores, signalum, lumium repair, and pump issues (1, 2) to the tracker.

The nether ores oregen has been configured to do a cleaning of any remaining nether ores before placing down its own veins. The fix is on the github, and should appear in the next release. Keep in mind that it won't fix what's already generated, but as long as the oregen was left alone on game creation, the ores should not appear anymore.

I'll get to the other issues over the weekend (I'll be busy today)

Have you thought about making a ground-penetrating radar and powering it with the industrial coil?

Last edited:

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
Have you thought about making a ground-penetrating radar and powering it with the industrial coil?
The reason why I need silver in the first place, would be to make electrum, so I can get higher tier stuff for Rotarycraft. A bunch of that requires a circuit board however, which requires either Enderpearls, Blazepowder or Electrum (hence silver) somewhere in the process. Out of those 3, I'd say silver is the easiest to get.
Blaze Powder is a bit iffy (didn't actually check for the vegan option for it, now that I think about it), unless you find an easy reachable fortress (but no jetpack yet, which makes exploring the nether annoying).
Found around 2 or 3 endermen in my whole playthrough yet, which is why I started fiddling with the Raw Ender stuff in the first place.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
The Vegan Option does have a recipe for blaze rods. :)

Rewyn

Jul 29, 2019
And seems like less of a pain than Enderpearls to craft... Also I'll need it for Jet Fuel sooner or later anyways... Well, guess I got something to do.
One more thing, the mod that adds the ability to "dissolve" items into their chemical components, does it work in a way similar to Equivalent Exchange? I assume I still need to have the fitting chemicals from an item, but in the end I could use other items to get silver out of it, right? (Yes, I'm desperate.)

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
No, minechem goes as far as the atomic level; it does not break atoms into subatomic particles to allow transmutation. Silver is an atomic element; unless an item has silver in it, you are unable to extract silver from it. You can probably see what can have silver extracted from it in NEI. The elements you're most likely to get from Minechem are oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen (since water has hydrogen and oxygen, and all living things contain carbon).

On a side note, have you looked elsewhere for the silver-detecting flowers? It's possible they may identify the same vein, giving you a clearer picture of where it might be.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I wish Rotarycraft was better documented in-game. For example: What's a good magnet level for a shaft core intended for an AC engine? What's the difference between the steel and diamond shaft cores? I'd imagine, logically, that you couldn't magnetize diamonds because it's not metal, but I'd also assume with the realistic focus of the mod you couldn't enchant machines and that's a thing.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Re:steel/diamond shafts:

Diamond can handle higher torque without breaking.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
As for the other, I'd ask on Reika ' threads.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
AE should have an energy acceptor; it is compatible with rotational power.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
JZlhiZ2l.png

I turn my back on my industrial coil for ~one second~....

Al my machines, all my ethanol crystals, three stacks of iron ore waiting to be processed by the now nonexistent extractor....

:(

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
RE: Destabilized Redstone:

I just finished some research, and you're in luck. Yes, the smelter can't make destabilized redstone. The RoC rock melter, however, can. Once it's made in the rock melter, you can then pipe it into the smelter to be combined with the copper and silver to make signalum.