[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Doing so would require that I actually make a mod. Since I have virtually no knowledge of Java or OOP programming (the last time I wrote anything in that family of languages was 20 years ago in C), it would require I learn a ton of stuff just to add two items... the trade-off didn't seem worth it. Besides, once you have bedrock, you can make a bedrock pickaxe, which pretty much eliminates any hint of TiC progression. Might as well just use the bedrock block as the mad science gating material, and rift flux to gate the "End"-game stuff.

As a side note, I added recipes for the different types of horse armor, as well as the previously-mentioned saddle.

If you want to have the updated recipes now, instead of waiting for 1.1.4, you can get them from the github.
There's a bunch of stuff here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/tools-for-pack-creators.58036/

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, though, why would it be worth the effort, when a bedrock pickaxe can easily mine ardite and cobalt? At this point, there's no need to pull from the TiC progression.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Once again, though, why would it be worth the effort, when a bedrock pickaxe can easily mine ardite and cobalt? At this point, there's no need to pull from the TiC progression.

I guess...

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what's the mod that adds all the super annoying noises (when switching items in the hotbar, or screaming when on fire, etc.) and how do I turn them off?

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what's the mod that adds all the super annoying noises (when switching items in the hotbar, or screaming when on fire, etc.) and how do I turn them off?
we are using soundpacks, just turn them off in the resource pack menu if you don't want them.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
So I can't turn them off individually? I kind of liked the crows and atmospheric background noises, the noise when switching tools is just really annoying (I switch tools a lot...) and the screaming kind of made me think there was something I was unfamiliar with attacking me, but after looking around repeatedly, I realized it was just due to having caught on fire.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how the sound part of resource packs work. But you could try opening up the resource pack and deleteing the sound file for the inventory switching.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, in the case of the screaming and the weapon sounds, simply press "F7" and the MAtmos UI will appear. Disable "Human Sounds" and "Weapon Interaction" to silence these. It's not permanent, but at least the sounds go away for that game.

moltenbrain

Jul 29, 2019
Late night, and I am swimming through a lake in the middle of the night on the way back to my base after yet another death. I hear a spider behind me, but I feel confident I can stay ahead. All of a sudden, I am paralyzed. It has cast a web at me and caught me. I turn to look at the spider, bouncing up and down, yet strangely it does not attack. What a wussy spider. The smirk however fades from my face as I look behind it and see the waves of zombies and creepers advancing.

So yeah, I die a lot in this pack. We shall not even speak of the incidents with the cows and the sheep. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

Right now, I am stuck in my progression because I can't find aluminum. I know there was an issue with the ore flowers that was fixed latest release. Any chance the fix is retroactive? If not, are any places more likely to have aluminum than others? My search continues.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, once the worldgen does its stuff, it's done. However, you can bonemeal grass blocks to see if Affine appears, provided you've already upgraded your game.

Last edited:

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Which of the mods in this pack adds the Fatigue system, and how do I manage it? There has to be, like, better beds or coffee that works or something, right? Because as is I need to sleep every five minutes, and the time multiplier from Somnia doesn't make the fatigue tick down faster, meaning I need to sleep for like two game days at a time when I do.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Somnia is the mod adding fatigue. At this time, there's no way to manage it except to sleep when it gets too high. Usually, it increases around 20 fatigue for 10 minutes (minecraft daytime). Keep in mind that bad things don't start until it reaches 70 (a little over a half-hour later, the Minecraft equivalent of staying up for 36 hours).

The speed of the sleep multiplier is dictated by your CPU and memory, since it has to render the entire night at a faster rate; the more powerful your computer, the faster night goes.

Survival Industry is a large pack, so it requires a bit of power under the hood. for SSP in particular, I recommend a minimum of 3GB RAM set aside in the FTB launcher in particular. It might help to disable JourneyMap. In the case of SMP, the speed of night is determined by the power of the server... and acceleration only happens when everyone on the server is asleep.

Worse comes to worst, you can always disable Somnia and restore vanilla sleep mechanics.

Last edited:

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone give me a hint as to get past Tin mining level to Redstone? I was planning on Lumium, but my smeltery can't melt glowstone until I have blazing pyrotheum. I'm getting Rotarycraft set up now (very slowly, I've never used it before) to eventually get its melter thing, but was wondering if there's any other options. I've also got that one in a million scarab jem from the fossil mod, and I can use that to make an obsidian level pick, but that feels like cheating.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone is mined by a leveled-up bronze pickaxe. Once you can mine redstone, you can also mine the diamonds needed to make your pick capable of obsidian mining. The bronze pickaxe head is made from a mix of copper and tin.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone is mined by a leveled-up bronze pickaxe. Once you can mine redstone, you can also mine the diamonds needed to make your pick capable of obsidian mining. The bronze pickaxe head is made from a mix of copper and tin.
The bronze pickaxe head says it's mining level tin, same as the invar one I'm currently using.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
I got my Rotarycraft setup going, on a beginner level: Enough to power a grinder and get lube, create ethanol crystals, and build a gasoline engine and a rock melter. I can't get the contents of the rock melter out, though. It flows into connected pipes, but won't leave those pipes. I've tried a resevoir and a bucket filler, and the liquid glowstone won't enter either device, from any direction.

Edit: Figured it out, needed more pressure, which I got by simply melting more glowstone. That pushed what was in the pipes out into the bucket filler, into the buckets. I used the method here to get that into the smeltery so I could make lumium:
http://tinkers-construct.wikia.com/wiki/Smeltery#Storing_your_liquid_metals

Last edited: