[1.7.10] Shattered

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, steel rod with rod mold makes ticon tool rods in the metal press. Is there a reason for that? I'd prefer it make IE steel rods, or that AR steel rods be oredict'd with IE steel rods so they could be used in IE recipes. As it is the only way to make an IE steel rod is with 2 ingots in a crafting bench and that seems strange, should be a new/better way after you build the metal press or similar, seems.

Meanwhile I have a rod mold and a pile of steel tool rods to melt down while waiting for new version to show up on launcher. :p

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Mutagenic soil can not have crop sticks placed on it, yet a lot of the crop breeding recipes call for mutagenic soil & a block under the Mutagenic soil !, as you may have guessed I just started crop breeding mostly for copper as its the one thing I am very very short on, am I missing something or is this a bug ?.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Hmm, steel rod with rod mold makes ticon tool rods in the metal press. Is there a reason for that? I'd prefer it make IE steel rods, or that AR steel rods be oredict'd with IE steel rods so they could be used in IE recipes. As it is the only way to make an IE steel rod is with 2 ingots in a crafting bench and that seems strange, should be a new/better way after you build the metal press or similar, seems.

Meanwhile I have a rod mold and a pile of steel tool rods to melt down while waiting for new version to show up on launcher. :p
The IE steel rod is purely just to make the fences needed by the multiblock machines, and should be their only use. It was the only way I could see to break the cycle, otherwise you need rods to make rods with no way to make rods.
I could add an alt recipe that uses the other types of rods, so there is a resource saving.

Mutagenic soil can not have crop sticks placed on it, yet a lot of the crop breeding recipes call for mutagenic soil & a block under the Mutagenic soil !, as you may have guessed I just started crop breeding mostly for copper as its the one thing I am very very short on, am I missing something or is this a bug ?.
You are not missing anything. That should be working. I'm sure some of the other players here have done ore crops working. If not, something has broke. I know I spent a lot of time searching for a mod soil that will take crops. It's possible a mod update broke something.

Edit, can anyone confirm they are growing ore crops fine? I've fired up a test world and while I can plant the sticks and seeds, on a tick update, they all uproot, which indicates an invalid soil type. This could be a major bug.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about the newest update (still not out :( ) but I just tested it in the 1.0.2 version with Ferranium (Iron) and Restodendron (Redstone) and all seems to work fine.

So if in the newest version there is a problem that might really come with a mod update.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not sure about the newest update (still not out :( ) but I just tested it in the 1.0.2 version with Ferranium (Iron) and Restodendron (Redstone) and all seems to work fine.

So if in the newest version there is a problem that might really come with a mod update.
Hmm. I'm in a creative world. No mods have updated since release (just tweaks and new mods), but I cannot get any crops to grow on mutagenic soil. They plant, then a block update breaks them all. Then I have to break and replace the soil to be able to put crop sticks on again. This is really confusing.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Tested in a creative world aswell. Now with every none-nether seed (so all the metals and gems) and all seem to work fine in 1.0.2.

Tested with forgetting the blocks of ressource underneath but it only changes the tooltip to "cannot grow" instead of breaking the plants.
Might be weird to ask, but can any of the changes made in the update be the cause of this bug?
(the changes doesn't sound like they have anything to do with agricraft or the mutagenic soil, but they're the only difference between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3)

Once the process of accepting the new update is through I test it in the new version, too.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
This is weird. @egor66 is having problems getting started in the version you are all using. My version only has portal gun added and some tweaks not related to Agri-Craft. I can place the sticks and seeds, but they pop off in a block update.

I've delayed the release of the next update. I want to get to the bottom of this weirdness. It might even have to be a new soil instead of the one I'm using at the moment.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Some progress. The sprinkler stops the mutagenic soil from being a valid soil, this is what's causing weirdness for me. I may have found a replacement soil from another mod (to be added, testing continues). I'm guessing the tick growth boost from the sprinkler must be conflicting with the way the fertalized soil (the mutagenic soil) works.

Working ore seeds now:
2016-12-05_21.12.10.png
I've added ZTones mod, which is a mass of decorative blocks and a couple of items only found in chests/lootbags. I remembered from Material Energy it had a soil block. This block is behaving nicely as you can see from the screenshot.

I've added a recipe that will let you exchange your old mutagenic soil for the new version.

Amazing how it's always the completely unexpected things that throw things.

Last edited:
Reactions: egor66

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Did a few more tests, if biome is important for the soil (like too cold, too hot) if BoP biomes may cause a problem for the mutagenic soil, different heights.
Went after all the creative testing in my own map again and crafted some and it seems to work fine. So really can't find a reason why it wouldn't work for egor66. Really confusing.

One thing I noticed along the testing:
The phyto-gro recipe "Coaldust + sulfur + niter/salpeter" is overwritten by railcrafts gunpowder-recipe. So had to cheat in the phyto-gro in exchange for the crafting-ressources.

----

Good hint about the sprinkler. I first tested them in one of my test but 'after' planting the cropsticks and the seed and then everything works. (so first thought "that cannot be it", heh)
But when the sprinkler are used on empty mutagenic soil it gets bugged so you cannot plant crops on it. Weird behaviour.
Guess it was my luck that I didn't have sprinkler active for a while.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The phyto-gro recipe "Coaldust + sulfur + niter/salpeter" is overwritten by railcrafts gunpowder-recipe. So had to cheat in the phyto-gro in exchange for the crafting-ressources.

----

Look closer at the recipe, it isn't coal dust, it is charcoal dust and charcoal dust can only be created whereas coal dust can be mined. Presumably this is on purpose to gate access to the ore-plants.

In other news I saw some platinum to mine, mined down to it and found that it isn't just platinum, it is platinum, gold, rutile, osmium, certus, and charged certus. I've struck it rich.

Built lathe, cutting machine, and crystallizer. Precision assembler requires silicon so waiting on the update. Built induction smelter for quick steel and 3x osmium, feels cheaty after waiting forever for coke ovens/blast furnace.

Oh, and I quarried one of those ruined towers made out of chisel 2 factory blocks. Nerdpoling up to the top I saw what looked like a metallurgic infuser on one of the floors but the quarry seems to have destroyed it. Be careful.

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Did a few more tests, if biome is important for the soil (like too cold, too hot) if BoP biomes may cause a problem for the mutagenic soil, different heights.
Went after all the creative testing in my own map again and crafted some and it seems to work fine. So really can't find a reason why it wouldn't work for egor66. Really confusing.

----

Good hint about the sprinkler. I first tested them in one of my test but 'after' planting the cropsticks and the seed and then everything works. (so first thought "that cannot be it", heh)
But when the sprinkler are used on empty mutagenic soil it gets bugged so you cannot plant crops on it. Weird behaviour.
Guess it was my luck that I didn't have sprinkler active for a while.
Thanks for the headsup about the railcraft gunpowder recipe. I'll get that fixed (now, is that a vanilla issue, or one of my recipes :p). This is a charcoal recipe as well as a coal recipe for gunpowder.
I'm also checking out the Deep Dark, see what that is going to generate, if anything, due to my heavy worldgen changes.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@twisto51
You're right, looked wrong that it's charcoal dust instead of coal-dust.
The result is the same though, even with charcoal-dust it gives me the gunpowder as crafting-result. ^^"

@Golrith
Happy about z-tones coming in. Noticed that the mutagenic soil seem to get bugged rather quickly.
Like not only the sprinkler on empty mutagenic bugs it out, but also when a plant grew on it (in my case weeds) and you break the cropsticks, it gets bugged as well.
So: *cheers for the replacement of mutagenic soil* :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Nice one @twisto51 . Good stroke of luck there. 3x Osmium? Oh yes, with Rich Slag or Cinnabar. That's fair enough. Platinum and Osmium basically unlock miniturization tech for you.

Gunpowder recipe fixed (just 2 shaped recipes now). The ore plants are growing just fine in my test world. No bugs. Happy to push that out as a fix now.

With Steel Rods, I see what you mean. It's a bit "immersion breaking" that it's just a shaped recipe, but a simple recipe like that is needed. What I'll do is add a more resource efficient recipe for steel fence using the rods made from the IE press.

Deep Dark, sure, go there if you want. Just checked it out. Has ore gen. Haven't a clue how that dimension knows what ores to generate, but they are all the correct ones.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Phew, this really was a challange with all the void-holes and hills. My main-tunnel through the island already paid up for this:

1VpWp88.png

[edit]

One question:
Is any there anything that stops plants growing without direct view to the sky or is something like that planned? (not sure if that was part of spice of life or hunger overhault, so I'm asking)
Wondering because at the moment I plan for some unnatural-light farms but not sure if I would waste time with that cause they need direct sunlight ^^"

Last edited:
Reactions: Golrith and egor66

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out that it was the sprinkler that was bugging the soil, moving the setup out of range of sprinkler works fine, hey I am helping bug test who would have guessed :), tnx for the responses & all the info ideas guys n gals, I now have redstone & copper plants to upgrade, while its a lot slower with out the sprinkler I am just happy to progress, I remember that ZTones soil it does not require water near (self hydrating) & grows plants around 10% faster.

A couple of other minor things, as a quality of life upgrade any chance of an inventory/chest sorting system, I so miss the R key or middle mouse, there was something else that escapes me atm, I will edit when I remember.

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Phew, this really was a challange with all the void-holes and hills. My main-tunnel through the island already paid up for this:

1VpWp88.png

[edit]

One question:
Is any there anything that stops plants growing without direct view to the sky or is something like that planned? (not sure if that was part of spice of life or hunger overhault, so I'm asking)
Wondering because at the moment I plan for some unnatural-light farms but not sure if I would waste time with that cause they need direct sunlight ^^"
Lol, very nice. I can imagine the nightmare there.

As far as I'm aware, there is nothing stopping crops growing in unnatural light. That was going to be one of my builds too, especially with ore crops. I want them somewhere safe, lots of time and resources will be invested in them.

Turns out that it was the sprinkler that was bugging the soil, moving the setup out of range of sprinkler works fine, hey I am helping bug test who would have guessed :), tnx for the responses & all the info ideas guys n gals, I now have redstone & copper plants to upgrade, while its a lot slower with out the sprinkler I am just happy to progress, I remember that ZTones soil it does not require water near (self hydrating) & grows plants around 10% faster.

A couple of other minor things, as a quality of life upgrade any chance of an inventory/chest sorting system, I so miss the R key or middle mouse, there was something else that escapes me atm, I will edit when I remember.
I'm happy with those bonuses on the ztone soil, if they apply to the AgriCraft system. Getting to AgriCraft ore crops is expensive (compared to default).

You know, I've been thinking the same thing myself. You are thinking of inventory tweaks.

I'll be pushing the updating tonight, and I'll post a download for manual update. So you have about 12 hours to find any other hidden bugs :p

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I played a pack with the inventory limit/unlock, it didn't play nice with invtweaks. Assumed that is why it wasn't in the pack. :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Last time I played a pack with the inventory limit/unlock, it didn't play nice with invtweaks. Assumed that is why it wasn't in the pack. :)
Ah, thanks for the warning. I'll check that. Might be possible to disable it on player inventory, but still have it on chest inventory.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Any hints on where to find iridium ore? Haven't come across any in my wandering. Mod spotlight says overworld. Checked AR config file and it mentions every other ore in the mod *except* iridium. Need titanium iridium alloy rods for the rolling machine.

Looking at cofh, I see iridium on moon/mars and an exo type that is blacklisted from the usual dimensions so maybe that is laser drill specific?

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Iridium is purely on the moon, or very very very low chance with MFR mining laser.
What do you need titanium iridium alloy rods for? I didn't think Iridium was really being used by AR (yet) so I used it as a gate material.