[1.7.10] Shattered

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Suggesting recipes is a problem, since most stuff for early game is already in other ways in.

So to give a clear answer about it:
I think adding an other, very inefficient, recipe for dirt and remove the rot-mechanic would be best.
Because especially early game it's only messing up your limited storage you have and later game you don't really need it anymore while it only brings problem with other machines (like collecting stuff to make fruit-juice in forestry and such things).

In case of dirt-recipes, something along: 9 apples to make 1 dirt or 9 melons (so 81 slices of melons) to make 1~6 dirt. (once melons are on 10/10/10 in agricraft it's really easy to collect this amount).
So that people who're not that lucky with their biomes at least have a way to get additional dirt.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I don't bother amassing anything that rots---particularly due to diminishing returns from hunger overhaul---so I don't need more than a double-chest to store it. I leave it on the vine until I'm ready to eat it.

Rotten flesh I just throw away. If you plan on doing thaumcraft later on you could craft it into blocks of flesh which don't rot and store it that way.

Come from playing Terrafirmacraft it bugs me a lot that dried food doesn't last longer. Seems like is 7-days for everything, raw or jerky.

All that said if we're voting to remove rot then my vote is yes. :) That way I could keep all that nice food I get from rubble piles. Soylent4life.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yeah, there doesn't appear to be any configuration for rot, it's either globally on or off, with a config duration of 7 days. If it was a pack more on general survival and low tech it might be more suitable (aka don't starve).

I'll disable it in the next update.
Steel fixed in the advanced blast furnace (major derp on my part) and I've added some additional grindstone recipes which are a right grind but may be of help.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Came back from a mining trip with 60 blocks of redstone and 35 diamonds, plus marked a bunch of platinum and copper. Think I've found everything I need to find in the overworld. Well, a good-sized lava pool would be nice too.

I don't see anything in NEI for the average diamond ore, is it just junk? Got nothing from it with fortune 1.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Came back from a mining trip with 60 blocks of redstone and 35 diamonds, plus marked a bunch of platinum and copper. Think I've found everything I need to find in the overworld. Well, a good-sized lava pool would be nice too.

I don't see anything in NEI for the average diamond ore, is it just junk? Got nothing from it with fortune 1.
Should be "Diamond Nuggets", might have an error in the drop definition, I'll check that.

Edit: Yep, was referencing a non-existent item due to reordering mods at a later date.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any kind of "gas pockets" or something like that?

I usually don't have any problem with the air-quality of enviromine, spending quiet alot of time around y level 20 now building through little parts of the island and building bridges. But there is this one place now that decreases my air-quality really fast, even with lots of oak-leaves put around in the area.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Are there any kind of "gas pockets" or something like that?

I usually don't have any problem with the air-quality of enviromine, spending quiet alot of time around y level 20 now building through little parts of the island and building bridges. But there is this one place now that decreases my air-quality really fast, even with lots of oak-leaves put around in the area.
No gas pockets, got any sulphuric clouds floating nearby?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
No gas pockets, got any sulphuric clouds floating nearby?

Ah yes, that was it, built this bridge right aboth one. Thank you for the hint.
Good to know that you have to be careful with them. Air Quality is still the one thing about enviromine that really confuses me from time to time. Guess I should plan a little garden down there. :)

[edit]
And noticed that placing down leaves seem to actually not help at all... guess I need to keep them in the hotbar.

[edit 2]

And a little overview of my base so far... yes I'm far too focused on progression again instead of building a nice base... but will change soon! *mumbles* I hope.

General overview:
rHcjyoe.png

The tech so far:
956imOA.png

(the thermoelectric generators still feels a bit cheaty since I got the nickel for it before the "iron-ore in crusher"-fix, which changed the extra to cinnabar)

My cobblegen (finally with extruder, but before that it was just manual labor):
kE1PV0A.png

Used a cobble-gen because I don't want to dig alot of unnecessary tunnels and with all the huge veins and different rocktypes it can actually be a bit difficult to just get cobble. *smirks*

And where all the cobble went, many long bridges through the void:
OZJrNsS.png

Last edited:

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Looks great. Except those bridges, those look terrifying to build. Then again I've got wooden slab skybridges everywhere just waiting for a skeleton archer to knock me off of.

Wiring is so much easier in this version of IE compared to newer ones. No relays, no burning wires.

nightfall.jpg

I finished 3x3x1 smeltery this evening then saw that I'd need 32 more steel to make IE plate mold and decided to wait till tomorrow.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Looking good guys. I reckon you will soon be moving onto the challenges of Advanced Rocketry now that infrastructure is in place.

How did you guys progress with Plates?

Twiso, you must have found those solars from exploring. 2 of them too! Lucky thing.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I found 2 solars and 3 wind turbines. I don't know if it was "lucky" so much as it was me wandering roughly ~4k units from spawn during my nomadic phase. After awhile I stopped looting the partial water tanks. :p I did not find a smeltery building this world, doh. Playing on Hardcore I pretty much pretend it is a game of Moria until I'm geared up and have located all of the resources I want to start with and a good location to build in.

I'll be putting 32 steel into the smeltery today, pouring 4 large plates, then making the center plate out of some cheap metal with my hammer for the first plate mold. Is there a less costly way?

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yeah, I found 2 solars and 3 wind turbines. I don't know if it was "lucky" so much as it was me wandering roughly ~4k units from spawn during my nomadic phase. After awhile I stopped looting the partial water tanks. :p I did not find a smeltery building this world, doh. Playing on Hardcore I pretty much pretend it is a game of Moria until I'm geared up and have located all of the resources I want to start with and a good location to build in.

I'll be putting 32 steel into the smeltery today, pouring 4 large plates, then making the center plate out of some cheap metal with my hammer for the first plate mold. Is there a less costly way?
That is very lucky, I've generated a lot of test worlds and very rarely find the various different tech that can spawn. It does pay to explore.

There is the railcraft rolling machine, but that might be an unintentional red herring in terms of cost and material saving.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't see any way to make the railcraft rolling machine without a way to make iron plates. Oh, maybe ticon large iron plates would work for that too? I was sleepy when I looked at it.

Got the smeltery up to 4x9, built tool forge, built RC rock crusher. Rock Crusher uses a lot of RF, going to build some water wheels I think.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
My way was actually the railcraft rolling machine but only to be able to make steel plates.
I kinda rather wanted to use 32 iron in the smeltery than 32 steel. And once I had the rc rolling machine I pretty much only used it to make 4 steel plates (out of 8 steel) for the plate-mold for the immersive engineering metal-presser.
So pretty much: smeltery for 4 iron plates -> with them crafting the rolling machine from RC -> having an IE metal presser for the best ingot'to'plate ratio.
Only thing I might go back to the RC rolling machine is later when I need osmium-plates since the metal-presser doesn't have a recipe for them (not sure if that intended or a missing recipe?)

Though I have to say... my actually plan was getting the extruder to not make cobble by hand, the rest of the tech simple went along cause I needed them to craft the extruder *laughs*
Besides the redstone-furnace, that I wanted to make easier charcoal (used a vanilla furnace with IE external heater before to save fuel, but no charcoal from vanilla furnaces).
That's actually most times the way such huge steps in tech happen for me: I have my eye on this one machine I want to have (in this case the extruder) and then it adds up about what you need to craft it ^^"

About scary bridges: Luckily only because of the void (as long as you don't forget to place light sources). Y-level 20 seems perfectly save that the mobs that spawn on these cages seem to not see me and try shooting me down (at least neither the skeletons nor the basalz tried it yet *knocks on wood*).
Only getting really scary when you go beyond the island's borders, since then there are places aboth you where mobs spawn. Weird enough: while building bridges I not died once yet... though the moment I step outside on the overground of the island it's like I run into creepers and basalz every few steps.

Advanced rocketry still has to wait a bit, first want a good supply for my power, meaning I want to have a working diesel-generator first. Still a long way to go :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Added some waterwheels, can run the RC crusher without any drain on my capacitors. Bonus squid farming.

power_upgrade.jpg

Decided to take a break from progression and have some old-school modded minecraft fun.

nostalgia.jpg

Doesn't run too fast off of 3 wind turbines at ~y-level 50 but it chunkloads itself so I can forget about it and go work on something else while it does its thing.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
All looks and sounds great guys. Even better, no major complaints yet :D

I'll be rolling out an update tonight that has the remaining extra fixes, plus portal gun mod. Let me know if there's anything else that needs looking at. Given your progress, doesn't look like it! No IE osmium plates? my my, I'm getting slack :p

Hmm, just thought of something. I don't think I taught the advanced blast furnace how to make silicon. Bit of an oversite there (tbh I keep forgetting about that structure!)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Next version submitted

Includes Portal Gun Mod
Fixed Average Diamond Ore
Fixed IE Osmium Plates
Added dirt recipes if RNG starts you in a desert
Improved drop rate of loot bags
IE blast furnace fix for steel and silicon
A few new textures

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Well been away for a bit, My copy of FFXV decided to arrive it's kept me busy for a bit.

Decided to make a suit of steel armor and tackle the tainted biome nearby along with the large building that looked interesting in it. Well worth it though It got close a few times. A division sigil which I'll wait to activate until I can find a emerald to get silk touch on a shovel to get the cursed earth. The blueprints for the arc furnaces electrodes and 8 ender lily seeds were amongst the loot. A few other small items but nothing terribly memorable. Also a large number of spawners for later use.

With a division sigil it makes me wonder, is going to the deep dark in a pack like this considered cheap? Wouldn't be too hard to get the cobblestone already have 2 world interaction upgrades from loot bags and a single transfer node seems easy to make. Either way it kind of feels wrong and destroying the challenge a bit, well a builder's wand alone will make the sigil worth it!

Also took some time to work on agricraft crops, considering I've yet to find a good source of gold or diamonds agricraft might end up having to fill the void there, if I can get a diamond block and then somehow wait long enough to get a few more to expand;( I Do have some 10/10/10 hemp seeds to start making a couple more improved windmills as well.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Must admit, I haven't even considered the deep dark and what it offers.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Also took some time to work on agricraft crops, considering I've yet to find a good source of gold or diamonds agricraft might end up having to fill the void there, if I can get a diamond block and then somehow wait long enough to get a few more to expand;( I Do have some 10/10/10 hemp seeds to start making a couple more improved windmills as well.

Here's what you're looking for if you haven't run across it before.

diamonds.jpg