[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
So I used two seeds without any special properties, Belladonna and Potato. Both base seeds. Still not giving me a mandrake, that time it gave me another potato

There is only a chance that it will crossbreed. Just break it and set it up again. I usually do a pattern like this for crossbreeding:

oX
Xo

Place the two plants you want to cross breed in the x's you have two chances for it to crossbreed. If it doesn't crossbreed and gives you back one of the original plant break it and set it up again.

I'm guessing you're just suffering from bad luck. :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I used two seeds without any special properties, Belladonna and Potato. Both base seeds. Still not giving me a mandrake, that time it gave me another potato

It took me a few hours of real time to get Mandrake seed to mutate. Just keep trying, and perhaps make multiple identical setups to help speed the process up a bit.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Violette - Agricraft is new to me, and even yesterday when I was reading people typing about their 101010's I didn't get it, but now I understand what they mean. Someone gave me the tip that if you place a double-crop next to a plant, it will spread a new seed to the double-crop, and each time it does, there's a little improvement in the seeds. I like that mechanic. :)

This modpack is wonderful because it is teaching me about mods that I didn't bother to learn before - Agricraft is one, Botania is another. The quests help lead me thru the mod slowly, and explains just enough info as I go along. It's perfect (for me anyways). And when I do get stuck a little bit, there are plenty of people here like yourself who are very willing and able to help. I appreciate it!
Good to hear! I'm new to modpacks in general, but Botania and Thaumcraft are my main mods in general. I never knew just how powerful agricraft before this pack though and I'm loving it. I have a bad habit of ignoring mods even if I install them, so the quest system really helps me see what I could be doing that's actually better. Best part of this pack is that it doesn't revolve around throwing a bunch of monsters at you. You have to think, and plan rather than just hitting stuff with a sword.

Reactions: asb3pe

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
It took me a few hours of real time to get Mandrake seed to mutate. Just keep trying, and perhaps make multiple identical setups to help speed the process up a bit.
Yeah I think each plant has its own individual mutation rate so sometimes it pays to try to buff up your crops. I think the strength stat is related to mutation/spreading.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I think each plant has its own individual mutation rate so sometimes it pays to try to buff up your crops. I think the strength stat is related to mutation/spreading.

I think I found the way to really "buff up" the crop strengths, as you say... I did a 9x9 tilled plot, with one water block in the middle to hydrate the whole area... slowly but surely I got my Essence Seeds to spread across the entire plot. Now that it's filled up completely, I will use the Horn of the Wild to clear it all in one fell swoop, and I will then take the best seeds (based on the Agricraft stats) and start the entire process over again beginning with those best seeds. By the time I've completely filled the 9x9 again, I should be getting close to having 10-10-10's and really be on my way. This is a slow process, especially if I try to do it on ALL my seed stocks, but since it really speeds up Essence production, I'm hoping the time spent will be well worth it.

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found the way to really "buff up" the crop strengths, as you say... I did a 9x9 tilled plot, with one water block in the middle to hydrate the whole area... slowly but surely I got my Essence Seeds to spread across the entire plot. Now that it's filled up completely, I will use the Horn of the Wild to clear it all in one fell swoop, and I will then take the best seeds (based on the Agricraft stats) and start the entire process over again beginning with those best seeds. By the time I've completely filled the 9x9 again, I should be getting close to having 10-10-10's and really be on my way. This is a slow process, especially if I try to do it on ALL my seed stocks, but since it really speeds up Essence production, I'm hoping the time spent will be well worth it.
tis more efficient to do a + pattern or a U pattern for grinding out 10's

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
tis more efficient to do a + pattern or a U pattern for grinding out 10's
I have 100% success rate with a 7x7 plot and a serpentine pattern.. Worst case so far was a single 10-10-10 Most of the time it's 2-4 of them. Set it and forget it.

X_XXX_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
XXX_XXX

The beauty of this method is you clear out the grown ones in the back and start a new run with another seed… Add in the sprinklers and aggricarnations… Fast work to get them done

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
I have 100% success rate with a 7x7 plot and a serpentine pattern.. Worst case so far was a single 10-10-10 Most of the time it's 2-4 of them. Set it and forget it.

X_XXX_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
X_X_X_X
XXX_XXX

The beauty of this method is you clear out the grown ones in the back and start a new run with another seed… Add in the sprinklers and aggricarnations… Fast work to get them done
yes i agree with you :p that would be the U pattern just doubled up

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
yes i agree with you :p that would be the U pattern just doubled up
and the reason I like the 7x7, it doubles as an active farm for my golems… water sources in all four corners and a chest in the center. I have 5 plots active just now and two golem teams I move around… My active farm has four (4x3) sub-plots with a row of Berry bushes on the side.. harvesting and collecting 5 crops faster than I can use them up, so I filter them into barrels and rotate out crops…

The only dedicated 7x7 I have is coal, feeding two B-Space barrels. One barrel feeds 12 endoflames powering a Looni loot farm, the other is my working mana for everything else.

Like @PurpleMentat has said, the thing I like about this pack is the climb to the resource that becomes virtually infinite after you do the work once…

RagefaceKurosaki

Jul 29, 2019
it seems like you have a fairly good setup otg :) i to am using the bspace barrels :p but i wouldn't of known about it w/o purple mentat haha

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind that the serpentine pattern won't work in 0.7 if the new Agricraft version is in it and the configs are set for the harder options. Might be better to get used to some of the other ways instead.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
it seems like you have a fairly good setup otg :) i to am using the bspace barrels :p but i wouldn't of known about it w/o purple mentat haha
I've used them a lot in the past, starting back in agrarian skies… they are a blessing.. I was running two separate pair of Barrels, but now I'm just going to go full overkill on a set-up of three. :D

fordyford

Jul 29, 2019
I have completed all quests, but on what the world came to be and the encoding of the world it says the questlines are not completed, though the numbers show that all quests there have been completed

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind that the serpentine pattern won't work in 0.7 if the new Agricraft version is in it and the configs are set for the harder options. Might be better to get used to some of the other ways instead.

It should still work, with a slightly different setup:

x_XXXXX
X_XXXXX
x_XXXXX
____XXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Place your two starter seeds at "x" (1,1 and 3,1). Once you have your first spread (2,1) put the crops back at 1,2-3,2.. and you should be rolling. Maybe not 10,10,10 after a single run, but still less manual intensive than other methods I can think of...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask, what do you do with the seeds that aren't as good and get thrown into a chest? Are they essentially useless or will I need a lot of lesser-quality seeds? I've already seen that making Dye Seeds in a Botania Runic Altar requires an Essence Seed, so I guess I should be saving all my seeds?

I'm asking because as I'm sure everybody knows, these things take up a LOT of chest-space due to every seed being different and they don't stack unless they match exactly. I don't want to make 10 or 20 chests to store all my "bad" seeds if I don't have to...

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Also remember that you don't need to 10/10/10 all your crops, only a few are worth maxing out. Essence, coal, nature, skeleton are useful. Pretty much everything else works fine at 1/1/1. Unless you need something specific, like building a floor out of iron blocks.