[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

KeepKid

Jul 29, 2019
Being a Sphax texturer yes I do, but the reason I haven't posted it on the bdcraft forums is I alter a lot of textures to suit my own tastes. So posting it with all these alterations would probably annoy a lot of the texture pack artists who made the individual packs. So I'll zip it up and send you a pm to the link.

Could you send it to me, too? :D THX

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
OMG! I love your face! :D This modpack is amazing! :D It's my first time thanking someone for a modpack. I just had to. :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Everything was going fine until I hit the following quest

Copper Essence, why so many floral powders? 16 is a huge amount, why not 4 instead? Same with clay, 16 clay is an extreme amount, 4 would be much more fair IMO. I can see I am going to be spending most of my time using the Horn of the Wild and breaking the dead grass for hundreds of blocks around my location just to get 16x4=64 clay (gotta do this quest 4 times) and an insane amount of floral fertilizer so I can make 8x4=32 Mystical Orange Flowers. Yuck. This is what I'm talking about, when a modpack "bogs down". Up until now, the pack has been very fair, but now it feels too "grindy". Just speaking my mind, I welcome opposing opinions or reasonings for requiring so many of these things.

Dreygen

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Having a bit of trouble here. Playing the 0.6.5 version of alpha and I was unable to cross breed potato and belladonna to get mandrake, I tried all different combinations in many different ways, it always seemed to come up with another belladonna. I'm not sure if this is something I did wrong or an issue with the current version. I ended up having to cheat one mandrake seed in to advance the playthrough after trying like mad. I was able to crossbreed all kinds of others though. I got sugarcanes and pumpkins fine, not sure what was up witht he mandrake. Any insight here would be appreciated.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019

Copper Essence, why so many floral powders? 16 is a huge amount, why not 4 instead? Same with clay, 16 clay is an extreme amount, 4 would be much more fair IMO. I can see I am going to be spending most of my time using the Horn of the Wild and breaking the dead grass for hundreds of blocks around my location just to get 16x4=64 clay (gotta do this quest 4 times) and an insane amount of floral fertilizer so I can make 8x4=32 Mystical Orange Flowers. Yuck. This is what I'm talking about, when a modpack "bogs down". Up until now, the pack has been very fair, but now it feels too "grindy". Just speaking my mind, I welcome opposing opinions or reasonings for requiring so many of these things.
Take my advice, go back to agricraft and start cross breeding flowers you can get the botania versions down that tech tree

Reactions: asb3pe

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019

You're better off just ignoring the ore quest until you progress in botania, there's a much easier way to get clay, also you need to start getting magical flowers in agricraft. You can bonemeal them to until you have enough for repeating the quest as much as necessary.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019

you obviously havent grown your magical crop mystic flowers they can be grown

Dreygen

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a personal problem here but I'm having trouble filling up my diluted mana pool past a sliver of mana. I have made the regular mana pool and I have the mana spreader aimed right at it, the regular mana pool does seem to fill normally but for some reason I cannot throw the seeds into it to get essence seeds, I get the red X icon over the arrow, I've tried it with the two mana pools together and I get some weird green check and X over the arrow. This has me stumped and I cannot continue, any help would be appreciated.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your advice regarding my previous comments. Greatly appreciated!! FTB Forums are the best!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
This is probably a personal problem here but I'm having trouble filling up my diluted mana pool past a sliver of mana. I have made the regular mana pool and I have the mana spreader aimed right at it, the regular mana pool does seem to fill normally but for some reason I cannot throw the seeds into it to get essence seeds, I get the red X icon over the arrow, I've tried it with the two mana pools together and I get some weird green check and X over the arrow. This has me stumped and I cannot continue, any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately you've just got to wait for more mana here. Of course, it's probably best to spend the time making some more generating flowers to fill it up faster.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
What are you using to generate mana? Dayblooms and Nightshade generate a microfraction of mana per tick. You should get another flower from a quest and there's a lot you can make in the Botania manual. Don't be afraid to read it.

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
show me your progression guys :D here is mine (quests wise)
2015-03-09_16.06.44.png
Yaaa, I know :D I died alot at the beggining ;D

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your advice regarding my previous comments. Greatly appreciated!! FTB Forums are the best!
Just a tip when I hit a dead end in I look at all the other available quests to see if there's and easier way. Sometimes a little progress in an unrelated chapter can take the guess work out of a lot of things. Also try to max out your flowers before you start trying to move up mutate them. The mutation will pick up the average stats of what you used to breed them so by starting out maxed you'll breed them a lot faster and get a lot more petals from the get go.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Violette - Agricraft is new to me, and even yesterday when I was reading people typing about their 101010's I didn't get it, but now I understand what they mean. Someone gave me the tip that if you place a double-crop next to a plant, it will spread a new seed to the double-crop, and each time it does, there's a little improvement in the seeds. I like that mechanic. :)

This modpack is wonderful because it is teaching me about mods that I didn't bother to learn before - Agricraft is one, Botania is another. The quests help lead me thru the mod slowly, and explains just enough info as I go along. It's perfect (for me anyways). And when I do get stuck a little bit, there are plenty of people here like yourself who are very willing and able to help. I appreciate it!

Just a 'for-instance'... I binded my Mana Spreader to my Runic Altar, but I didn't know you have to take the wand out of "Bind Mode" and put it back into "Function Mode" and then right click on the Altar to get the Mana to go into it and start the creation process. I would have sat there all day waiting for my Dye Seed but luckily I kept experimenting even tho I had no idea what I was doing. LOL But I just made my first Dye Seed and very happy about that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Violette13

Mike Blitzer

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Having a bit of trouble here. Playing the 0.6.5 version of alpha and I was unable to cross breed potato and belladonna to get mandrake, I tried all different combinations in many different ways, it always seemed to come up with another belladonna. I'm not sure if this is something I did wrong or an issue with the current version. I ended up having to cheat one mandrake seed in to advance the playthrough after trying like mad. I was able to crossbreed all kinds of others though. I got sugarcanes and pumpkins fine, not sure what was up witht he mandrake. Any insight here would be appreciated.
Probably your belladonna seeds have a higher growth level than the potatoe seeds. The seeds for crossbreeding should have the same growth level.

Dreygen

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I finally got it.. I've actually got a good bit of dayblooms and nightshades empowering the spreader everything is going good. My only problem now is why I cant get mandrakes to cross breed with belladonna and potatoes.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
OK, I REALLY like the Dream world… all day, no mobs spawning…

I just got the quest book there…

Now, my question is… is there any real reason to stay there or am I wasting my time building up a base there?

Dreygen

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I finally got it.. I've actually got a good bit of dayblooms and nightshades empowering the spreader everything is going good. My only problem now is why I cant get mandrakes to cross breed with belladonna and potatoes.

So I used two seeds without any special properties, Belladonna and Potato. Both base seeds. Still not giving me a mandrake, that time it gave me another potato