[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Screenshots as requested, with a test fish to show the "needs moar water" message.

Also this is my first time posting screenshots here so if I did it wrong let me know and I'll edit.

Try making the minimum size and expand from there.

mVAwf1D.png

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. I was wondering something about HQM. Is there a way to wipe your quest progress/start over without starting a new world? I really like HQM, well quests in general because it give you goals to work towards. Before that mod I was starting to get board with Minecraft and this was a huge thing, well for me anyways.lol

You can try going to FTB install location > Regrowth > saves > world name & delete the contents of "HardcoreQuesting" then start Regrowth & hopefully HQM should've been wiped.

DonKalypso

Jul 29, 2019
I picked up this pack today, and decided to mess around and try to figure it out.

I came across this:
XsguQWy.png

It appears that Chisel 2's blocks are missing their textures.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking more along the lines of rehosting the entire pack, and having the players grab the modified version. That way they wouldn't have to download the file individually. They would get it when they downloaded the pack.

I didn't know you could do that with FTB. It seems like it would take up space on their servers, not to mention violate a lot of mod TOS.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Found some ancient sand near a beach, tried to dig it with a mattock, it gave me bones, a chest, and bonemeal. I thought it was just regular sand.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey Guys, Got the newest episode up. I did have a longer one filmed but Fraps ate the Sound from the 2nd video so i had to record the 2nd part. Enjoy!

Note: I was not using the right brick for the middle.

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
While generating some test worlds (8, I think) at least 2 of them showed up with ravines that had coal deposits in them, I wish I wrote down the seeds before I deleted them but I figured I'd mention that.

I haven't run into that in my main SSP world at all though so I guess it isn't a commonly occurring thing. I just thought it might be worth a mention. I am not terribly far in this pack right now but I'm not sure that was supposed to happen. I haven't seen any metal ore either, just coal. Dunno if anyone else has experienced that. If not, it probably isn't worth worrying about.

Also, not really relevant but...much love for chisel 2.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question... how do i get Thaumium level pick without doing Thaumcraft ?... that is a ways off yet.

Short answer you don't. Long answer if your doing the "reclamation" quest in "what the world enables" its a progressive quest i.e. you do each part as you get the right mining tier pickaxe.

Last edited:

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I am really digging this modpack. Here is some feedback:

* Very cool theme. Restoring a broken world is always neat.
* Load of work went into the quests. Totally awesome and seemingly well paced so far.
* The mods seemed to be tied together well, from what I've played.

*I will say, the landscape is boring. Moving around is not interesting. I know you want the world to be a barren landscape, but perhaps adding a mountainous wasteland biome would help.

Is there any reason to explore when you get established?

Depends on what you mean by established. There are cool things you can find out there, but if by established you mean you have already explored them...

Rodger

Jul 29, 2019
If you need a thaumium pick because you need to get stuff from the nether, another option is pig iron.
Or adding a diamond to the pickaxe.

Also @thephoenixlodge a bit of a bug with a quest reward, the books from "Construct Additional Pylons' aren't usable (I guess enchanted books spawned in, then enchanted with NEI?) They don't work in an anvil, ether putting on items or combining with other books, and they don't work with the botania enchanter ether. I think you need naturally created enchanted books for them to work.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Or adding a diamond to the pickaxe.

Also @thephoenixlodge a bit of a bug with a quest reward, the books from "Construct Additional Pylons' aren't usable (I guess enchanted books spawned in, then enchanted with NEI?) They don't work in an anvil, ether putting on items or combining with other books, and they don't work with the botania enchanter ether. I think you need naturally created enchanted books for them to work.
Already fixed for 0.7

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Same here! I have never gave that mod a shot until now, but I thought it would be cool, so I set up the tank, but it didn't add the fish food to the internal tank and no matter what I did it was never satisfied with the setup. So I tore it down and tossed it back in a chest. I was really looking forward to giving that mod a try.

I just thought of an easier way to reset the quest book enable cheat do /hqm edit to get the OP edition then when on the screen that shows your reputation hold shilft+control and then that will enable you to click reset to reset the book to the start.