[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
hi all, it seems my game save has corrupted, unfortunately i have no knowledge on how to find the error or even if its possible to fix it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

with thanks
stu

Your save hasn't got corrupted its a rendering issue with Waila try disabling Waila load up world move from where you were and then if you want re-enable Waila shutdown re-enable it and load back into your world please let me know how this works for you or if you need more help.

shawndaddy

Jul 29, 2019
Open FTB launcher click options then click advanced options now remove all custom java arguments except for permsize if using permsize that is & remove any custom arguments from the ServerStart.bat as custom java arguments cause that crash.

It's on a hosted server, not local. I did have 256Perm enabled, but even after disabling and reuploading all the files it still gives me the same error. Any other ideas?

amused

Jul 29, 2019
Avalonzo, problem solved many thanks for the help. it seems i had the thaumometer equipped and looking at the thaumcraft research table when i quit last night. some thing to bear in mind for the future i think lol

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
It's on a hosted server, not local. I did have 256Perm enabled, but even after disabling and reuploading all the files it still gives me the same error. Any other ideas?

Have you tried talking to your hosters regarding any custom java arguments that the server could have that you can't see in the control panel? Hosters don't always allow access to everything unless you ask them to unlock featureX and X being what the feature could be. also permgen is fine & I Just a thought does the hosters allow you to start the server with the original Regrowth ServerStart.bat as if your just pressing start on a control panel it'll be trying to start the server with a vanilla ServerStart.bat.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Avalonzo, problem solved many thanks for the help. it seems i had the thaumometer equipped and looking at the thaumcraft research table when i quit last night. some thing to bear in mind for the future i think lol

No problem you're most welcome & I'm glad your able to play again :)

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I know but I want to take the power out that's my issue, I have the best buildcraft pipe and it's not enough.

If your able can you make an energy cell it's AE2's form of a battery so all that excess power will get stored or if you have started Mekasim you can try Universal cables they also transport power and also there is the Mekanism battery called the energy cube.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
For string there is a few ways in Regrowth to get it -
  • Kill spiders
  • Cotton plants
  • Cobwebs in mineshafts
Later you can use essence of spider & in the next update there will be a crafting recipe to make sheep spawn eggs or you can do what I have done in my latest save move under the ocean once you have a snorkel because I have been playing this world for 5+ days and have yet to make a bed.

...Underwater base? You evil genius XD. I almost wanna chuck everything and try it that way. Its so Bioshockish I love it, but can I effectively farm down there too? I'd have to skip right to hydrangeas though, I doubt dayblooms will be efficient with all that sky obstructed and bees are gonna have to be strictly a topside activity without genetic alteration,not that bees are plausible before a bed...yeah I'm so doing this.

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
If your able can you make an energy cell it's AE2's form of a battery so all that excess power will get stored or if you have started Mekasim you can try Universal cables they also transport power and also there is the Mekanism battery called the energy cube.

I have tried the Mekanism cables but they don't connect, the AE2 cell is after the energy acceptor connected to the BC pipes but I think the issue is the BC pipes, they can't take enough power out which is weird considering I can't do better than emerald.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried the Mekanism cables but they don't connect, the AE2 cell is after the energy acceptor connected to the BC pipes but I think the issue is the BC pipes, they can't take enough power out which is weird considering I can't do better than emerald.

If you can give me awhile I'll jump into a test world and try to work something to help you out.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
...Underwater base? You evil genius XD. I almost wanna chuck everything and try it that way. Its so Bioshockish I love it, but can I effectively farm down there too? I'd have to skip right to hydrangeas though, I doubt dayblooms will be efficient with all that sky obstructed and bees are gonna have to be strictly a topside activity without genetic alteration,not that bees are plausible before a bed...yeah I'm so doing this.

Well an underwater dome base is for the next playthrough on my current save I have a shaft going from the surface of the ocean going into the ground underneath the ocean my dayblooms/nightshades are on a platform by the top of the shaft and dig out just dig out more room as needed. I really can't wait to try my underwater dome base waiting for the next update to try though I even have a name ready for the underwater city wait for it..... Avalantis.

Pakki

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, somehow I can't complete the second part of the Quest Such a Tool eventhough I have the required stuff in my inventory. Has someone else had this problem?

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Well an underwater dome base is for the next playthrough on my current save I have a shaft going from the surface of the ocean going into the ground underneath the ocean my dayblooms/nightshades are on a platform by the top of the shaft and dig out just dig out more room as needed. I really can't wait to try my underwater dome base waiting for the next update to try though I even have a name ready for the underwater city wait for it..... Avalantis.
That name is just 10/10.How are you gonna power stuff later? I guess machines are the obvious,but I'm a sucker for using Botania to power things. If it doesn't lag me to death a hydrangea tower could be perfect.Wish that flaxbeard steampunk mod used tin instead of zinc so i could try to intergrate it seamlessly. I should really try to wait till the update as well, those sheep spawn eggs could save me a lot of leg work, and I should at least do rough sketch of my plans before I just jump into it.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, somehow I can't complete the second part of the Quest Such a Tool eventhough I have the required stuff in my inventory. Has someone else had this problem?
Do you have enough space for your rewards? They won't stack so make sure you have the spaces open.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
That name is just 10/10.How are you gonna power stuff later? I guess machines are the obvious,but I'm a sucker for using Botania to power things. If it doesn't lag me to death a hydrangea tower could be perfect.Wish that flaxbeard steampunk mod used tin instead of zinc so i could try to intergrate it seamlessly. I should really try to wait till the update as well, those sheep spawn eggs could save me a lot of leg work, and I should at least do rough sketch of my plans before I just jump into it.

Well all you need to do is make sure get your coal seeds to 10/10/10 so you get four coal essence per plant and have a minimum of 4x4 of the coal plants so you get a stack of coal essence then turn it into coal and for when you have access to a TiC scythe you can right click with it to harvest a 3x3 area. then use the coal to feed a endoflame mana farm.

MHpSeFkh.png

x9agZFnh.png

TXvktIKh.png

SH2niKHh.png

Reactions: Violette13

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. I was wondering something about HQM. Is there a way to wipe your quest progress/start over without starting a new world? I really like HQM, well quests in general because it give you goals to work towards. Before that mod I was starting to get board with Minecraft and this was a huge thing, well for me anyways.lol
You can reset quests by entering creative and using the /hqm console command to give yourself an editable quest book. There is a button in the book to reset progress.