[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
If I manually update agricraft to 1.3.0, will everything still work?
I've asked and the newest version will reduce the sprinker particles, and I'm having a lot of FPS drops due of them.

Also do you know if Magical Crops has x16 textures? I'm starting to have too much of their crops.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
If I manually update agricraft to 1.3.0, will everything still work?
I've asked and the newest version will reduce the sprinker particles, and I'm having a lot of FPS drops due of them.

Also do you know if Magical Crops has x16 textures? I'm starting to have too much of their crops.

I don't know about a x16 texture for magical crops, the newest version of AgriCraft will indeed reduce the particles I personally requested the feature which Infinityraider kindly added & I have already added Agricraft 1.3.0 into my pack everything seems to work except it now seems to be very rare that the crossbreeds get improved stats so... I'm guessing it must have overwritten the configs. Now in short yes it'll work but... seeds will hardly ever improve.

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about a x16 texture for magical crops, the newest version of AgriCraft will indeed reduce the particles I personally requested the feature which Infinityraider kindly added & I have already added Agricraft 1.3.0 into my pack everything seems to work except it now seems to be very rare that the crossbreeds get improved stats so... I'm guessing it must have overwritten the configs. Now in short yes it'll work but... seeds will hardly ever improve.

I heard about that on mutations, I guess it could be mostly part of the config.
I could try and always have a backup.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Or adding a diamond to the pickaxe.

Also @thephoenixlodge a bit of a bug with a quest reward, the books from "Construct Additional Pylons' aren't usable (I guess enchanted books spawned in, then enchanted with NEI?) They don't work in an anvil, ether putting on items or combining with other books, and they don't work with the botania enchanter ether. I think you need naturally created enchanted books for them to work.

Already fixed for 0.7

I don't know if it's possible but... instead of enchanted books would enchanted chases from BiblioCraft work then have a quest that tells you to build the type setter and printing press and how to use them. I personally think that would be a whole lot better if it's possible that is.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Increasing stats now requires two of the same parent crop adjacent in Agricraft 1.3. Seeds can still spread from one, they just won't increase their stats

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Increasing stats now requires two of the same parent crop adjacent in Agricraft 1.3. Seeds can still spread from one, they just won't increase their stats

so 2 of the same species, not stats?

so If I have 4 crops of the same species, but diffent stats, will still gradually increase, right?

also for mutations, there will be stat drops or not?
I have already all the mutated seeds, with the exception of that one who needs nearby wispy cotton. If I breed a new species with 2 10/10/10 plants, the mutation will keep those stats or they will be worse?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019

I see that would be why I was doing test rows 2x8 instead I need at least 3x3. I just confirmed it using the left farm I would rarely/never get increase and on the right I got an increase straight away also the reason I thought the configs got overwritten is because I can no longer place crops on soul sand to grow netherwart the AgriCraft way but I can Place it down vanilla style

W3H2I9hh.png

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I see that would be why I was doing test rows 2x8 instead I need at least 3x3. I just confirmed it using the left farm I would rarely/never get increase and on the right I got an increase straight away also the reason I thought the configs got overwritten is because I can no longer place crops on soul sand to grow netherwart the AgriCraft way but I can Place it down vanilla style

W3H2I9hh.png
The netherwart thing sounds like a bug. Can you please report this on the Agricraft Github

Wrulfy

Jul 29, 2019
ok, I'm comparing the 1.2.3 config and the 1.3.0 configs
the new ones are
# The maximum attainable value of the stats on a crop [range: 1 ~ 10, default: 10]
I:"Crop stat cap"=10
Ok, so nothing will change from the default old

# On a mutation the stats on the crop will be divided by this number [range: 1 ~ 3, default: 2]
I:"Crop stat divisor"=2
This can be a bit more problematic, since it would mean to have to raise every specie you breed.

# set to false if you wish to disable mutation recipes in NEI [default: true]
B:"Enable NEI"=true
B:"Enable seed storage system"=true
the secon option seems an old configuration that had its own paragraph before, but not sure what they mean about storaging seeds.

# Farming difficulty: 1 = Crops can inherit stats from any crop. 2 = Crops only inherit stats from parent and identical crops. 3 = Same as 2, but any other nearby crop will affect stats negatively. [range: 1 ~ 3, default: 3]
I:"Farming difficulty"=3
I guess this can be the most problematic. I'm not sure how 2 and 3 will affect mutations, I'm ok with no stat increase when mutating, but losing stats is kinda worrying

# Set to true to allow crops that spread from one single crop to increase stats [default: false]
B:"Single spread stat increase"=false
this seem what it have seen before about needing several crops for getting better stats, not very problematic

# The profession ID the villager uses [range: 7 ~ 99, default: 10]
I:"Villager ID"=10
I guess is just to prevent ID conflicts

# Set to false to disable automatic mutations for Natura [default: true]
B:Natura=true
Changed from disable integration to disable automatic mutations

storage {
# set to true to disable the seed storage systems [default: false]
B:"Disable seed storage system"=false

# set to true to disable the seed storage warehouse blocks [default: false]
B:"Disable seed storage warehouses"=false
}
This one is new, I have no idea, maybe new blocks for storing seeds?

WrinkleyPotato

Jul 29, 2019
AMAZING!!! I saw this on the launcher and thought "Well, if it's on the launcher, it must be pretty good"
I need to learn agricraft...
I also spent my first two nights running around in circles trying to get away from fallen knights xD

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a recommended difficulty for Regrowth? I noticed on easy/normal spawning is nearly confined strictly to night. Am I supposed to fight spiders til i can make a bed? I got not problems I'm just trying to figure out what I can do outside of the quest book without ruining the concept. I know most of Botania pretty well, will charging right into Botania mess things up? Should I avoid crafting any witchery books?

@Wrulfy Isabella has a small handful of 16x themed textures for Magical Crops, its not 100% last time I checked, but theres enough to tolerate it a bit more in a 16x pack. Because its isabella the colors are a bit mute, but they blend well with a simplistic pack for the most part.

GemSlate

Jul 29, 2019
... Am I supposed to fight spiders til i can make a bed?...

I am by no means a pro at this mod, I'm only 5 episodes in myself, but that's what I did until I had enough to make a bed. After that I was digging down and found an abandoned mine shaft, there I found all the webs (string) I could ever need.

Violette13

Jul 29, 2019
Got it! I got that over with and now I don't have to speed away from my house so creepers can't ruin my stuff XD, I know I could just hide, but it's not fun to sit still until the sun rises.

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
I have a high pressure boiler going in industrial steam engines which are connected to emerald pipes, then diamond going in an energy acceptor and yet they still become red due to overpower. I don't know how to manage it since there isn't better pipes (I think).

Anyone has an idea?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I have a high pressure boiler going in industrial steam engines which are connected to emerald pipes, then diamond going in an energy acceptor and yet they still become red due to overpower. I don't know how to manage it since there isn't better pipes (I think).

Anyone has an idea?

What exactly turning red?

amused

Jul 29, 2019
hi all, it seems my game save has corrupted, unfortunately i have no knowledge on how to find the error or even if its possible to fix it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

with thanks
stu

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-05_14.54.46-client.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 60

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Got it! I got that over with and now I don't have to speed away from my house so creepers can't ruin my stuff XD, I know I could just hide, but it's not fun to sit still until the sun rises.

For string there is a few ways in Regrowth to get it -
  • Kill spiders
  • Cotton plants
  • Cobwebs in mineshafts
Later you can use essence of spider & in the next update there will be a crafting recipe to make sheep spawn eggs or you can do what I have done in my latest save move under the ocean once you have a snorkel because I have been playing this world for 5+ days and have yet to make a bed.

Reactions: Violette13

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019

Anyone has an idea?
Red means running at full power. I have 6 attached directly to a high pressure tank and they are guzzling up the steam exactly as it's being produced (balanced)