[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Antillar

Jul 29, 2019
Have you updated the any of the mods in the pack manually specifically AgriCraft as in the newest version of Agricraft it seems harder to get stat increases and/or have changed any of the configs?
No, I have downloaded version 0.6.5 of the modpack and I have not modified it.
I have grown all these into 10-10-10 so it is possible in the pack 6.5 version, Just keep on cross mutating and they will eventually change
I do 3x3 area with cropsticks on the sides and dual crops for mutation in the centres of the the sides. Might be not very effecient, but I am used to it since good old 1.2.5 IC2 selection.
Can you post apicture of your method, it may help me.
Also, has it ever happened to you that more than 50 seeds in a row do not get stat increase?

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
No, I have downloaded version 0.6.5 of the modpack and I have not modified it.

I do 3x3 area with cropsticks on the sides and dual crops for mutation in the centres of the the sides. Might be not very effecient, but I am used to it since good old 1.2.5 IC2 selection.
Can you post apicture of your method, it may help me.
Also, has it ever happened to you that more than 50 seeds in a row do not get stat increase?
I would use a larger area OR do it like this

XXX
X--
XX0

plant at "0" leave "-" empty

I do a 7x7 area that allows for a huge snake through the area and by the end the seeds are 10,10,10 usually… any mature plant further back I can harvest if the resources are needed

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get amber and saltpeter other than mining in the nether? I am so sick of the nether. Probably because it took over 20 hours of searching and branch mining before I found emerald ore.

I do have a small amount of amber and saltpeter but I hope I find another way to get more when I run out. Biggest issue is saltpeter because of forestry needing it for fertilizer.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge I remember a few pages back there was talk about if the ThaumCraft obelisks were spawning or not I can confirm they are spawning on the mainland it's just they are incredibly rare. Found while in one of my test worlds/saves.

PMpJ7tAh.png
Thanks @Avalonzo I was wondering about that

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey guys Problem. I was trying to make the Blacksmith's Anvil and hammer. I did this on cam. But the Anvil wouldn't make. I put the item in the crafting bench per NEI requirements and nothing? Any ideas what is wrong. is the recipe wrong?

It says 4 Brick Const blocks and 3 burnt bricks? The pic shows the single bricks. any help will plz. I believe i'm stuck on the tech side if i can't get the anvil as it is required for the rolling machine.

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys Problem. I was trying to make the Blacksmith's Anvil and hammer. I did this on cam. But the Anvil wouldn't make. I put the item in the crafting bench per NEI requirements and nothing? Any ideas what is wrong. is the recipe wrong?

It says 4 Brick Const blocks and 3 burnt bricks? The pic shows the single bricks. any help will plz. I believe i'm stuck on the tech side if i can't get the anvil as it is required for the rolling machine.
3 const blocks
1 Nether brick in the middle…
3 burnt bricks

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
Please share!!! (I want to learn)

What is one of your favorite/creative/efficient builds in Regrowth so far?

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
It seems a little demanding to make everyone else download it just so you can force people to see your tail. I like that you want to show off a specific look, that's pretty cool, but to make everyone who doesn't want it in their pack either manually change a config or delete it every time the mod pack updates... Ugh. I encountered the same thing with the Hats mod. That one was a pain to remove.

That's usually why I ask pack authors to install it. It's somewhat embarrassing for me because there are people I play with who do not really understand why it's so important to me to look like my intended species but it is extremely important to me and has been ever since I started playing minecraft and even in pretty much every game I play where custom characters is an option. I really wish this was appreciated enough to be a vanilla feature (as well it should be by now >_>) but I doubt that will ever happen because such a feature would likely turn people off to the game. (See the drama from the original moreplayermodels thread for reference.)

I really do not like playing as humans, I feel the option should always exist otherwise and it's really not that much to ask. A lot of packs already include it by default and the nice thing is that it is also compatible with a lot of mods moreplayermodels isn't, so there are no conflicts that I know of. (And I use a lot of mods.)

I know there are people who don't really value purely cosmetic or aesthetic things out there (direwolf20 uses the default skin, I guess it works for him) and assume that if something has no utilitarian purpose it has no value, I have to somewhat respect this for the sake of my friendships but in this instance it really is something very important to me and I probably couldn't explain why to someone who doesn't also value it since it has a lot to do with personal ideals and identity projections...

...Plus, this is a mod about restoring nature, and that usually puts me in mind of spirits, animals, elves, or things generally much closer to nature than humans are, so for the sake of roleplay that would fit a lot better, at least to me. (Plus if it weren't hinted that endermen were responsible for this, I would assume steves were.)

Last edited:

GrimJahk

Jul 29, 2019
That's usually why I ask pack authors to install it. It's somewhat embarrassing for me because there are people I play with who do not really understand why it's so important to me to look like my intended species but it is extremely important to me and has been ever since I started playing minecraft and even in pretty much every game I play where custom characters is an option. I really wish this was appreciated enough to be a vanilla feature (as well it should be by now >_>) but I doubt that will ever happen because such a feature would likely turn people off to the game. (See the drama from the original moreplayermodels thread for reference.)

I really do not like playing as humans, I feel the option should always exist otherwise and it's really not that much to ask. A lot of packs already include it by default and the nice thing is that it is also compatible with a lot of mods moreplayermodels isn't, so there are no conflicts that I know of. (And I use a lot of mods.)

I know there are people who don't really value purely cosmetic or aesthetic things out there (direwolf20 uses the default skin, I guess it works for him) and assume that if something has no utilitarian purpose it has no value, I have to somewhat respect this for the sake of my friendships but in this instance it really is something very important to me and I probably couldn't explain why to someone who doesn't also value it since it has a lot to do with personal ideals and identity projections...

I think you missed his point… instead of you asking your friends to install this mod that you want on your server, you are asking the ModPack Author to include it so EVERYONE has it on their machines… not to mention that in order to do this, the ModPack Author has to support the mod interaction and potential bugs that may arise…

Reactions: EchoingZen

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
is leveling up your tools through Iguana tweaks disabled or something?
Yes. I've got Iguana Tweaks set up to just provide the harvest level progression and convenience features. For the most part Tinker's is set up to be like ITiCT wasn't installed.

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Since im too lazy to search every page I wanted to ask if anyone else was having issues with bibliocrafts atlas book. It worked great for me at first...then i stuck it in the binder and in a chest for a few hours. Next time i pulled it out it caused all sorts of weird lag that felt like server latency lag. No framerate drops but it wouldnt register clicks till a few seconds after and the like. Was really strange...not to mention in trying to move it around it duplicated itself and replaced some items when it opened its gui.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Since im too lazy to search every page I wanted to ask if anyone else was having issues with bibliocrafts atlas book. It worked great for me at first...then i stuck it in the binder and in a chest for a few hours. Next time i pulled it out it caused all sorts of weird lag that felt like server latency lag. No framerate drops but it wouldnt register clicks till a few seconds after and the like. Was really strange...not to mention in trying to move it around it duplicated itself and replaced some items when it opened its gui.

The atlas doesn't play nice with the binder. It actually deleted my binder (and all the books inside it) when I tried to use the atlas from within the binder.

That said, I haven't seen any lag from the atlas after I took it out of the binder.

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
The atlas doesn't play nice with the binder. It actually deleted my binder (and all the books inside it) when I tried to use the atlas from within the binder.

That said, I haven't seen any lag from the atlas after I took it out of the binder.
Hmm Yeah i see..Hopefully I can make a new atlas and use that and try to salvage my maps from it. Right now I dont dare touch it keeping it in my chest. I'm playing in hardcore mode and id rather have the world deleted by epic combat rather than a map exploding.