[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jopk

Jul 29, 2019
will there be any big changes in furture updates
i want to start playing this pack but i need to know that.
also is this pack mostly about farming and what more?

also is it worth waiting for v1.0?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Realy love the pack so far, and this is the only pack that my crappy pc can handle for some reason... The only thing i would like is something that you can do while waiting for plants to grow... Also i have a question i have the diving gear and pump... but i have no idea to power it i used a engin but didnt work... and i cant do it by hand...

Also something real odd that happend:

My game closed itself and when i entered my world again my player was reset(2 books in inv) and all other items no where to be found... also no crash log of it...

But all in all this is a great alpha for a pack and looking forward for more updates

Do as Raetac suggested the book deosn't mention it but to power the air pump it need a minimum of 100 RF.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
will there be any big changes in furture updates
i want to start playing this pack but i need to know that.
also is this pack mostly about farming and what more?

also is it worth waiting for v1.0?

I already answered your same question on page: 76 so I will quote myself.

I would say play as a few things have been mentioned for 0.7 and we don't as yet know how long til it will reach v1.0. This is an amazing pack and most people seem to really enjoy and I'm a Regrowth addict lol ;)

EmeraldJirachi

Jul 29, 2019
Do as Raetac suggested the boon deosn't mention it but to power the air pump it need a minimum of 100 RF.
Made the ring, and it works great... but yea where am I gonna get RF from...( this is first time with. mods since 1.4.2 so never used botania or things like that...) I mean don't I need TE for that...

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Made the ring, and it works great... but yea where am I gonna get RF from...( this is first time with. mods since 1.4.2 so never used botania or things like that...) I mean don't I need TE for that...

I'm guessing it's more for people that prefer tech to magic.

Raoul S.

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a 64-bit OS? If you do make sure you have installed both 32 bit and 64 bit java installed then try launching the server again. Another question are you using java 8?

Im not using java 8 no. I tried to install java 64 and 32 bit and it didn´t worked too and if i want edit something with notepad ++ it says it can´t save because its open in an other tab and I had nothing else open. I even restarted my computer and only opend that server batch file and wanna save it and again it says that i have something else open.

Raoul S.

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, I forgot another issue in there was that the word "permSize" needed the "p" capitalized. Other than that I can't think of any other changes I made to make it work.

If i wanna edit the server file with notepad ++ it says that i have it open in an other tab and that because of that it can´t save.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Probably already been asked but how do I get potato seeds (I chose carrot seeds) so that I can get mandrake roots.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Probably already been asked but how do I get potato seeds (I chose carrot seeds) so that I can get mandrake roots.

I thought you got both potato and carrot seeds as a reward if you have some how lost potato seeds you will need to fix a syntax error in the mutation file of the AgriCraft config folder -

Fixed it in the mutation configs you have it as Agricraft:seedPotato=minecraft:wheat_seeds+witchery:seedsbelladonna but.. you accidently forgot to capitalize the C in AgriCraft but... if you want to fix it yourselves before the next fix comes out just copy/paste this over the revelant entry in the Mutations file in the AgriCraft config folder.

AgriCraft:seedPotato=minecraft:wheat_seeds+witchery:seedsbelladonn

AgriCraft:seedCarrot=minecraft:wheat_seeds+witchery:seedsbelladonna

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I thought you got both potato and carrot seeds as a reward if you have some how lost potato seeds you will need to fix a syntax error in the mutation file of the AgriCraft config folder -
I derped! I thought that was a choose quest >_>

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
If i wanna edit the server file with notepad ++ it says that i have it open in an other tab and that because of that it can´t save.
The file is probably in a location where you don't have write access. Try launching notepad++ as administrator.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Will you add fastcast mod to the main list of mods. I couldnt play the game as it stood because of the lag but once I added fastcast in its beautiful.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Im not using java 8 no. I tried to install java 64 and 32 bit and it didn´t worked too and if i want edit something with notepad ++ it says it can´t save because its open in an other tab and I had nothing else open. I even restarted my computer and only opend that server batch file and wanna save it and again it says that i have something else open.

I just want to make sure that when your trying to edit the .bat file that you are not doing it while trying to start the server. If you manage to open it delete all the text and copy/paste this without the brackets and without the / in -XX:/PermSize=256 as I post it without the / myself it makes a smiley like this -XX:permSize=256.

(java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:/PermSize=256m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-universal.jar nogui
pause)

or

Delete the ServerStart.bat open wordpad copy/paste this without the brackets & the /

(java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:/PermSize=256m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1277-universal.jar nogui
pause)

Then click save and save it as ServerStart.bat it will ask if you want to save and remove all formating click yes and place the new ServerStart.bat you created into your Regrowth server folder and start the server.

or

You can try downloading my ServerStart.bat and replace the one in your server folder.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Will you add fastcast mod to the main list of mods. I couldnt play the game as it stood because of the lag but once I added fastcast in its beautiful.

Are you using the FTB launcher or MultiMC as Regrowth doesn't seem to like MultiMC and you will get lag while doing certain things in Regrowth while using MultiMC

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge will there be any big changes further on in the updates and is it smart to wait for v1.0 because i want to start playing this pack.

Just so you know thephoenixlodge is based in New Zealand so you may not get a reply for at least 12 hours and if you want to play just play why do you so desperately need to know about v1.0 for all we know v1.0 could be a long way off and if anything the biggest change that's already been posted is the change to planting magical crops on garden soil coming v0.7

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019

oddly enough look @ both mariculture and mekanism. mariculture has a generator that works by water (oddly enough) and mekanism has heat generator. both of which are doable for early game.

jopk

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you know thephoenixlodge is based in New Zealand so you may not get a reply for at least 12 hours and if you want to play just play why do you so desperately need to know about v1.0 for all we know v1.0 could be a long way off and if anything the biggest change that's already been posted is the change to planting magical crops on garden soil coming v0.7
and when will v0.7 be released?