[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Any chance we could get the various agricraft seeds usable for seed oil with the squeezer?
The agricraft versions of vanilla seeds (IE wheat, pumpkin, melon) get their properties from NBT data. Those should be usable for anything the vanilla version is usable for. Also, you can just grow pumpkins, craft them into seeds, and squeeze those.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
oddly enough look @ both mariculture and mekanism. mariculture has a generator that works by water (oddly enough) and mekanism has heat generator. both of which are doable for early game.

Only the Mariculture generator is early as the Mekanism heat generator requires an Osmium ingot to craft and you need Manyullyn to mine nether Osmium I'm afraid

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
You could go BC engines perhaps? Plenty of oil about the place

Good idea Raetac & I just realised the mariculture generator and BC combustion engine both require redstone had a look and earliest engine is the hobbyist's steam engine as long as the piston recipe doesn't bug out.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Good idea Raetac & I just realised the mariculture generator and BC combustion engine both require redstone had a look and earliest engine is the hobbyist's steam engine as long as the piston recipe doesn't bug out.
It needs gold, and once you have gold, you can get redstone from glowstone via the alchemy catalyst, so they're all pretty much equal. Forestry's peat-fired engine is another option.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
It needs gold, and once you have gold, you can get redstone from glowstone via the alchemy catalyst, so they're all pretty much equal. Forestry's peat-fired engine is another option.

Well yes that's only the case if you don't mind going into the nether but... if you don't want to go to the nether then the hobbyist's steam engine is the earliest since you get gold seeds when you have the regular infusion stone but redstone requires the strong infusion stone. If you don't mind the nether you can easily get masses of redstone quite early on.

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
Well yes that's only the case if you don't mind going into the nether but... if you don't want to go to the nether then the hobbyist's steam engine is the earliest since you get gold seeds when you have the regular infusion stone but redstone requires the strong infusion stone. If you don't mind the nether you can easily get masses of redstone quite early on.
Touche! You have to go anyway for the regular infusion stone and some other quests.. might as well grab some glow while you're in there, right? :) At least that doesn't seem to anger the pigmen quite as much..

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Touche! You have to go anyway for the regular infusion stone and some other quests.. might as well grab some glow while you're in there, right? :) At least that doesn't seem to anger the pigmen quite as much..

No not touchie at all :D it so happens that's the way I get my glow/redstone mostly I really enjoy the nether. It's the end that I hate lol I was just saying how some people will just go in just long enough to complete quests & not venture in again so for those people its the hobbyist's steam engine and people like me and you then most engines and generators are early game but... I was looking at this issue from the view of a person new to Regrowth &/or modded :)

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
No not touchie at all :D it so happens that's the way I get my glow/redstone mostly I really enjoy the nether. It's the end that I hate lol I was just saying how some people will just go in just long enough to complete quests & not venture in again so for those people its the hobbyist's steam engine and people like me and you then most engines and generators are early game but... I was looking at this issue from the view of a person new to Regrowth &/or modded :)
Sorry, meant "touché," as in, you have a good point there! One of the things I love about Regrowth is that there are so many ways to do these things.

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, meant "touché," as in, you have a good point there! One of the things I love about Regrowth is that there are so many ways to do these things.

So that's how you spell that word I should apologize also I'm a little bit dyslexic so I read the word incorrectly :confused: and will now say thank you for the touché lol :D

laod

Jul 29, 2019
The agricraft versions of vanilla seeds (IE wheat, pumpkin, melon) get their properties from NBT data. Those should be usable for anything the vanilla version is usable for. Also, you can just grow pumpkins, craft them into seeds, and squeeze those.
Good idea. That will hold me over until I get my chestnuts. Thank you.

Kelmey

Jul 29, 2019
Well I found quite an annoying bug.

If you put an atlas that has a waypoint compass in it in a binder and then try to use the atlas from within the binder the binder is deleted.

I just lost every book I own. =\ Good thing I'm an op on my server.

Cryovolcano

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!
When I open up the Mariculture's Crucible Furnace's GUI, I get huge lagspike. Anyone else has this issue? Is there a solution?

Yes, I have the exact same issue. Just made the crucible furnace, and when I open the GUI, the game lags like h***. I tried putting a piece of ore in it, and the game crashed...

This usually happens when using MultiMC

I use the FTB-launcher and I get this issue.

Here is the crashlog:
http://pastebin.com/GJDLrZVQ

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I have the exact same issue. Just made the crucible furnace, and when I open the GUI, the game lags like h***. I tried putting a piece of ore in it, and the game crashed...

I use the FTB-launcher and I get this issue.

Here is the crashlog:
http://pastebin.com/GJDLrZVQ
It seems to just occur randomly from what I've seen, if things seem laggy and items in the gui are showing as unnamed, exit the gui to avoid the crash.