[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am having issues with this pack. These might be do to my computer being under powered with only 4 gigs of ram, I do however have an intell quadcore processor in it, one of the older models but still... Anyway, I got to play the pack all of one time. I made it into the game, I managed to do a few basics, on my 4th night I had trouble with a creeper and boom the game crashed. I have tried to start it back up and it won't launch, or it launches and it won't create a world when I tell it too. Just a constant stream of crashes over the past few days.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/6c4ca0e7 Here is the pastebin link for the latest crash log.

Now to save myself and everyone a headache, I have not tweaked the modpack in any way shape or form. If there is a mod in the pack known for causing issues please let me know so that I may remove it.

K first off a quadcore is kind of useless for MC as java is single core only still, well that should change soon, now 4gb ram should work, try this in lanucher set the ram to 2gb, that leaves 2 for your OS, in game turn off particles, clouds, erm everything & set view distance to very short try 4-6 chunks, oh & install fastcraft, one last thing that may help set pregen to 512 in launcher advanced settings.

edit: add this line to the additional java parameters field, -XX: PermSize512m (removed the space before PermSize, I had to add a space or it became a :p lol)

Last edited:

Supah999

Jul 29, 2019
Another big problem, I was playing the pack and it crashed from not enough data, and somehow the world icon was deleted, I checked the files and it looked like a lot of my stats were there but I don't know what went wrong...

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am having issues with this pack. These might be do to my computer being under powered with only 4 gigs of ram, I do however have an intell quadcore processor in it, one of the older models but still... Anyway, I got to play the pack all of one time. I made it into the game, I managed to do a few basics, on my 4th night I had trouble with a creeper and boom the game crashed. I have tried to start it back up and it won't launch, or it launches and it won't create a world when I tell it too. Just a constant stream of crashes over the past few days.

http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/6c4ca0e7 Here is the pastebin link for the latest crash log.

Now to save myself and everyone a headache, I have not tweaked the modpack in any way shape or form. If there is a mod in the pack known for causing issues please let me know so that I may remove it.

Your link is for the FTB launcher log and not an actual Regrowth crash log btw.

SoralTheSol

Jul 29, 2019
K first off a quadcore is kind of useless for MC as java is single core only still, well that should change soon, now 4gb ram should work, try this in lanucher set the ram to 2gb, that leaves 2 for your OS, in game turn off particles, clouds, erm everything & set view distance to very short try 4-6 chunks, oh & install fastcraft, one last thing that may help set pregen to 512 in launcher advanced settings.

edit: add this line to the additional java parameters field, -XX: PermSize512m (removed the space before PermSize, I had to add a space or it became a :p lol)

That seems to have done the trick, thanks for the help.

SoralTheSol

Jul 29, 2019
Your link is for the FTB launcher log and not an actual Regrowth crash log btw.
I have no clue on how to find the proper log, well I do but... give me a second too... Okay I have found the Logs folder but I have no idea what you want. Do you want the FML-Client file of the log that is a GZ File?

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
I have no clue on how to find the proper log, well I do but... give me a second too... Okay I have found the Logs folder but I have no idea what you want. Do you want the FML-Client file of the log that is a GZ File?

Your looking in the wrong folder go into the crash-reports folder and pastebin the latest if you would be so kind :)

nightandstars10

Jul 29, 2019
This ^^^ until you have emeralds to make emerald pipes that actually are round robin pipes with a filter interface right click with an empty hand select round robin and filter the item you want it to take from the chest and your good to go here is an example.

ojh8W3e.png

Ok I'll try thanks :)

RoyalGSC

Jul 29, 2019
Just discovered one thing: you can transmute red sand into normal sand, you just need to put the red sand at the pearl oyster (50% of chance that I wrote that wrong) it will enter, then you just need to remove the sand of the pearl oyster, because of the way the mariculture works it will give you normal sand and not red sand. That is a mariculture side bug, not a modpack bug, but still a lot easier than use the bucket method.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just discovered one thing: you can transmute red sand into normal sand, you just need to put the red sand at the pearl oyster (50% of chance that I wrote that wrong) it will enter, then you just need to remove the sand of the pearl oyster, because of the way the mariculture works it will give you normal sand and not red sand. That is a mariculture side bug, not a modpack bug, but still a lot easier than use the bucket method.
Not particularly game breaking as red sand works as a sand substitute in most situations

SoralTheSol

Jul 29, 2019
Your looking in the wrong folder go into the crash-reports folder and pastebin the latest if you would be so kind :)
There is a folder named reports with what I am assuming are the crash reports. They are all zipped and archived, I cannot open them to read them. Is this the right folder?

edit: incase you cannot tell by the question, there is no folder labled "Crash-Reports" or any v arient of that other than "reports" so I am having no luck finding what you want.

Last edited:

Avalonzo

Jul 29, 2019
There is a folder named reports with what I am assuming are the crash reports. They are all zipped and archived, I cannot open them to read them. Is this the right folder?

edit: incase you cannot tell by the question, there is no folder labled "Crash-Reports" or any v arient of that other than "reports" so I am having no luck finding what you want.

Here is picture of my Regrowth folder with the correct folder highlighted.

OUboDMa.png

HaydenL.

Jul 29, 2019
i allready had the version on .1277 so i don´t know and i tried to put it on 1772 and it doesnt work too
yeah, I forgot another issue in there was that the word "permSize" needed the "p" capitalized. Other than that I can't think of any other changes I made to make it work.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
Started this pack this weekend. We're a decent way in. Great pack so far. Probably one of the best out there, IMO. My only real complaint so far is that progression is controlled too much by the quest book. I prefer my quests more as a guide through progression rather than being required to continue. This is especially true for all the seeds. There's really no way to proceed without the quest book in many cases. I'm talking mostly about the timed repeatable quests needed for magic crops.

I guess I just like progression controlled more by the recipes than by quests. For instance, how Blood Magic, Witchery and Thaumcraft all require an item from the Botania portal to proceed. I would have preferred the seeds quests to require the previous tier of essence instead of their own essence or something so that those timed quests that give essence aren't needed. (Like Iron seeds requiring only Copper essence or something, etc.) That way, I can tell by looking at NEI what order I need to do things. With some of the quests being gated behind others, it's hard to tell sometimes what's needed to unlock things. For instance, I have no idea what it'll take to start AE since I haven't unlocked enough quests, and I can't see a recipe for Skystone. I can only assume one of the quest rewards will eventually give me Skystone so I can create an AE controller. Same thing for Apatite / Fertilizer. By looking at NEI it looks like it's a dead-end, but my guess there's some Bee Quest / Forestry quest that'll unlock that.

But that's all just me being nit-picky. Really, really enjoying the pack.

Reactions: scuzzyfuzzy

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Started this pack this weekend. We're a decent way in. Great pack so far. Probably one of the best out there, IMO. My only real complaint so far is that progression is controlled too much by the quest book. I prefer my quests more as a guide through progression rather than being required to continue. This is especially true for all the seeds. There's really no way to proceed without the quest book in many cases. I'm talking mostly about the timed repeatable quests needed for magic crops.

I guess I just like progression controlled more by the recipes than by quests. For instance, how Blood Magic, Witchery and Thaumcraft all require an item from the Botania portal to proceed. I would have preferred the seeds quests to require the previous tier of essence instead of their own essence or something so that those timed quests that give essence aren't needed. (Like Iron seeds requiring only Copper essence or something, etc.) That way, I can tell by looking at NEI what order I need to do things. With some of the quests being gated behind others, it's hard to tell sometimes what's needed to unlock things. For instance, I have no idea what it'll take to start AE since I haven't unlocked enough quests, and I can't see a recipe for Skystone. I can only assume one of the quest rewards will eventually give me Skystone so I can create an AE controller. Same thing for Apatite / Fertilizer. By looking at NEI it looks like it's a dead-end, but my guess there's some Bee Quest / Forestry quest that'll unlock that.

But that's all just me being nit-picky. Really, really enjoying the pack.
Technically it is possible to play right through without the quests as the essences that are required for seeds also spawn as dungeon loot, though it is difficult. Skystone is gotten by putting livingrock into the alfheim portal (2 livingrock for 1 skystone IIRC) its just that the elven trading for some reason doesn't have an NEI handler, though I swear it used to. The quest for the alfheim portal does address this and requires you to get some skystone.
As for apatite, it is currently unobtainable, though I may add a crop for it at some point. Fertilizer however is obtainable - RC by default adds a recipe to make it with saltpeter, which you can get in the nether.

SoralTheSol

Jul 29, 2019
Strange when you crashed from the creeper explosion it didn't create a crashlog folder :/
If it did that is long gone, when I get repeated fail starts in playing a mod pack I assumed it became corrupted so I deleted the old files and re-downloaded everything. I did not even think about the crash report then.