[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
If you are good at resolving issues yourself it's not bad doing an LP on the pack. I am doing one and between updates I backup everything and download the update, try and open the world up and check the HQM book first. Usually this is where oddities arise and you have to use the /hqm edit book to fix things and trash the extra rewards. Overall updates aren't bad and rarely you have to do some odd things like the .5.0 to .5.1 update and deleting the HQM data because I believe some ID's were removed from the world between updates.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
If you are good at resolving issues yourself it's not bad doing an LP on the pack. I am doing one and between updates I backup everything and download the update, try and open the world up and check the HQM book first. Usually this is where oddities arise and you have to use the /hqm edit book to fix things and trash the extra rewards. Overall updates aren't bad and rarely you have to do some odd things like the .5.0 to .5.1 update and deleting the HQM data because I believe some ID's were removed from the world between updates.
You think the issue arose because of the things being removed from the world? *goes to do some testing*

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly, no telling really. But I think it was because items were removed in the update.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
You think the issue arose because of the things being removed from the world? *goes to do some testing*

The last exception shown when MC freezes up is a nasty AIOBEx in the quest loading code of HQM. My best guess is that you did quest changes (most likely removing some stuff) which HQM cant handle properly.

magusapollo

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is a whole lot of fun! Is anyone else having trouble finding clay in oceans, or magnesium in the nether? I've zoomed around in creative and can't seem to find either. Excited to switch over to 0.5.1 today.

You shouldn't have to visit the Nether for magnesium. You should be able to find an NEI recipe chain that gets you there :)

Rutile, on the other hand, is a pain.

ValenceK

Jul 29, 2019
You shouldn't have to visit the Nether for magnesium. You should be able to find an NEI recipe chain that gets you there :)

Rutile, on the other hand, is a pain.

One of the quests asks for it in nether ore form.

Last edited:

magusapollo

Jul 29, 2019
One of the quests asks for it in nether ore form.

Anybody else tried using an agricarnation? I don't think it works with agricraft.

Oh right, it's newer. I pay great attention!

We also tried an agricarnation and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference; it was a single flower, so I don't know if more would work or not. Blood Magic's Ritual of the Green Grove definitely works, though. We pushed out a crop of 10/10/10s in about 20-30 minutes with it.

Xeph

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get mushrooms? I've been all over the nether and I've only found the glowing ones

Xeph

Jul 29, 2019
I totally forgot about mutandis cause I don't use witchery very much thanks alot

ValenceK

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get mushrooms? I've been all over the nether and I've only found the glowing ones

I found a couple brown mushrooms in a cave.

Anybody got a source on slimeballs other than casting congealed blood and using it for the slime seed recipe?

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
when update from 0.5 to 0.5.1 on my server i get this crash at start:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:607)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_347_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:230)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody got a source on slimeballs other than casting congealed blood and using it for the slime seed recipe?

The solution to your problem involes a plant and the mana pool.

A easy source of mushrooms, once u have obtained a small one, are growing big mushrooms out of the small one by way of bonemeal and (optionally) mycelium.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
when update from 0.5 to 0.5.1 on my server i get this crash at start:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:635)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:411)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:607)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:513)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:497)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:403)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:432)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_347_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:138)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:230)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:258)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)
Back up the world, then go into the world folder and delete the Questing data. It should then be able to launch fine, but you will have to use the /hqm edit command to restore quest progress for people. If you put a username at the end of the command it will give you an edit book for that player rather than for yourself.

EDIT: I've submitted 0.5.2 to the launcher, changelog is in the first post as usual.

Last edited:

ValenceK

Jul 29, 2019
Are nether fortress chests supposed to be progression breaking?

*still hunting for a nether magnesium block*

aj3067

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if there's a bug with Botania or the modpack in general, or if the functionality has been removed or changed, but Hydroangeas don't seem to produce any Mana in the configuration below
3O5dil4.png