[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Xeph

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question how does one make iron seeds I've got all the items in the runic alter and its sparking is there something else you need to add?

Reactions: Odenite

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question how does one make iron seeds I've got all the items in the runic alter and its sparking is there something else you need to add?
Quirk of using modtweaker with Botania. Even though you're not crafting a rune, you still need to drop a piece of livingrock on the altar and hit it with the wand of the forest to finish the crafting

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Water You Want?" in the chapter "What the world embraces" does only recognize how often I craft a Water Tank Siding. As each crafting instance gives 6 sidings I crafted it 5 times (= 30 sidings). The quest book showed only 5/27.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
I've lost 3 days of my life continuously playing this amazing pack.

Clay situation: As far as I know the only way to get clay in the early days is from breaking grass.
There are also rumours of clay spawning in the oceans? If that is true then clay would be a little bit less of a problem, but seeing as I don't have an oceans within 3000blocks of my spawn in any direction ...
Getting a stack of clay for the copper seed required me to walk around for 3 hours with my botania horn destroying grass.

May I suggest:
  • Squid dropping clay. Very small chance (5-10%). Small water pools with squid are not as hard to find or as horribly labour intensive to farm.
    (The iron, coal, tin seed resources were a walk in the park compared to getting all that clay.)
  • Giving the player an option to pick the clayconia flower. This would be a choice between lets say, 2 endoflame/2 hydroangeas and the clayconia.
    (The player decides between easier clay production, or some other benefit. This can also be used for a lot of other situations where a player decides what he feels is more important, be it now or in the long run.)
Item rewards: The rewards for the chapter where you create the magic crop seeds feel a bit pointless. By the time I got to creating copper and iron seeds I already had 80 essence plants (9x9 with 1 water source block).
So when it came down to picking my reward it was obvious which one to pick - extra seeds.

This pack has made me restart my world 5 times, not because of bugs or world corruption, but because it forces you to plan ahead, planning and preparation is greatly rewarded later on. Quality over quantity.
Growing 1 more generation of essence plants makes the difference between gaining 1 or 2 dust. That's double the output, but it doesn't come easy, it takes hours of growing and analysing to get that little bit extra.

I feel that the rewards should reflect on this concept where the player decides of he wants to gain a benefit now or later, quality or quantity.
(The first chapter's rewards do exactly this.)

Daybloom vs nightshade: Why would anyone pick nightshade? For the most part you sleep through the night as soon as you get a bed.
(Somnia is also an option - under mod section.)

Dolly: I rushed to build the dolly as soon as I had my first iron - chest with some glowing plastic in? That has no use other then looking pretty and fuel? (According to NEI). I cried a little on the inside.

Odd quests: This mostly has to do with the order in which you get the quests, nothing major. (Some might be bugs.)
  • What the world teaches: Herbology is the first thing that pops up (before any other quest in the chapter) but it requires some heavy duty late game tech to get a feather.
  • What the world is made of: Coal seeds quest pops up before you get the quest to get the coal essence and before any other metal/essence quest - might confuse new players.

New quests: Some weird little ideas that came to me.
  • Chapter that contains repeatable quests. (Just some spit ball ideas) - might serve as a way to get reputation later on?
    • 2 yellow, 1 light blue, 1 orange petal and a seed for 2 dayblooms - only available after you create your first essence seed/infusion stone.
    (Sings of a similar nature, where it is more efficient to use the quest then craft it yourself, but you have to unlock it and it has long cooldowns.)

Mods:
  • ExtraUtilities: Even if it is just for the watering can. I have 16 3x3 plots where I work to get all my crops to 10,10,10 before I make any mutations or before I start with my large scale breeding.
    This will benefit players who favour quality over quantity, players who directly go for as many plants as possible won't really see any benefit.

If adding a mod just for one item is a bit much then maybe:
  • Somnia
    • You finally have a reason to pick nightshade.
    • Plants grow while you sleep.
This pack is amazing, rivalling some of the packs Jaded has made.
Feel free to tell me if the above rambling is a total waste of time or if you simply don't like it.

I hope that this pack continues to grow, I'll keep a lookout on this thread for any updates.
Best forward and good luck.

Last edited:

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. Found this quite an interesting pack. I much prefer games where its less about spending time deep underground and more a builder/farmer kinda guy. But anyway...

So I started anew after a Witch and Her cat wither'd me dead after a creeper took down my protective wall, cat moved faster then I could register tbh. And this time I noticed the "Ender-ference" quest. I looked at it and it says Kill a total of 1 Enderman. I did that yet nothing happened. What is spos to? Am I spos to get a Pearl for this or something???

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. Found this quite an interesting pack. I much prefer games where its less about spending time deep underground and more a builder/farmer kinda guy. But anyway...

So I started anew after a Witch and Her cat wither'd me dead after a creeper took down my protective wall, cat moved faster then I could register tbh. And this time I noticed the "Ender-ference" quest. I looked at it and it says Kill a total of 1 Enderman. I did that yet nothing happened. What is spos to? Am I spos to get a Pearl for this or something???

Bug, you get the quest completion after killing an endermini, not an enderman. Fixed in 0.5.1 (few posts up the bug is addressed.)

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I've lost 3 days of my life continuously playing this amazing pack.

Clay situation: As far as I know the only way to get clay in the early days is from breaking grass.
There are also rumours of clay spawning in the oceans? If that is true then clay would be a little bit less of a problem, but seeing as I don't have an oceans within 3000blocks of my spawn in any direction ...
Getting a stack of clay for the copper seed required me to walk around for 3 hours with my botania horn destroying grass.

May I suggest:
  • Squid dropping clay. Very small chance (5-10%). Small water pools with squid are not as hard to find or as horribly labour intensive to farm.
    (The iron, coal, tin seed resources were a walk in the park compared to getting all that clay.)
  • Giving the player an option to pick the clayconia flower. This would be a choice between lets say, 2 endoflame/2 hydroangeas and the clayconia.
    (The player decides between easier clay production, or some other benefit. This can also be used for a lot of other situations where a player decides what he feels is more important, be it now or in the long run.)
I'm aware that clay volume required for copper is a bit intensive. However, one fact you seem to have missed. The drop rates for seeds etc seem to be significantly lower from the dead grass compared to the vanilla long grass - it would have been more efficient to use bonemeal to grow long grass and collect from that.
However, yes some other solution may also be necessary. Clayconia as a quest reward is a possibility, as is the possible re-enabling of rivers, though probably with a severely reduced spawn rate compared to normal though.
Item rewards
: The rewards for the chapter where you create the magic crop seeds feel a bit pointless. By the time I got to creating copper and iron seeds I already had 80 essence plants (9x9 with 1 water source block).
So when it came down to picking my reward it was obvious which one to pick - extra seeds.

This pack has made me restart my world 5 times, not because of bugs or world corruption, but because it forces you to plan ahead, planning and preparation is greatly rewarded later on. Quality over quantity.
Growing 1 more generation of essence plants makes the difference between gaining 1 or 2 dust. That's double the output, but it doesn't come easy, it takes hours of growing and analysing to get that little bit extra.

I feel that the rewards should reflect on this concept where the player decides of he wants to gain a benefit now or later, quality or quantity.
(The first chapter's rewards do exactly this.)
Thing is, I feel these quests do exactly that right now. You're choosing whether you'd rather have more 1/1/1 seeds to expand your plots (Quantity), or whether you'd rather have the essence to work towards unlocking more types of seeds and keeping with the potentially more upgraded seeds you already have (Quality).

Daybloom vs nightshade: Why would anyone pick nightshade? For the most part you sleep through the night as soon as you get a bed.
(Somnia is also an option - under mod section.)
It's one of those things that can depend on your playstyle. If you sleep most of the time cos you're mostly working outside then yes you'll probably want the dayblooms. However, if you happen to choose to build underground (including your farm) as nearly everyone did on my test server for the pack, you likely won't notice it turning night and won't necessarily sleep. As such you may be inclined to have some nightshades mixed in with the dayblooms.

Dolly: I rushed to build the dolly as soon as I had my first iron - chest with some glowing plastic in? That has no use other then looking pretty and fuel? (According to NEI). I cried a little on the inside.
Coloured Plastic? I could've sworn that chest had a bunch of decorative blocks from Chisel in it. Bear in mind not everyone plays purely with functionality in mind, some of us rather enjoy building pretty buildings.

Odd quests
: This mostly has to do with the order in which you get the quests, nothing major. (Some might be bugs.)
  • What the world teaches: Herbology is the first thing that pops up (before any other quest in the chapter) but it requires some heavy duty late game tech to get a feather.
  • What the world is made of: Coal seeds quest pops up before you get the quest to get the coal essence and before any other metal/essence quest - might confuse new players.
Feathers are more mid game than late game, but the witchery books may indeed be seeing a slight recipe change in the future.
Coal seeds popping up early is a bug which I've fixed for 0.5.1

New quests
: Some weird little ideas that came to me.
  • Chapter that contains repeatable quests. (Just some spit ball ideas) - might serve as a way to get reputation later on?
    • 2 yellow, 1 light blue, 1 orange petal and a seed for 2 dayblooms - only available after you create your first essence seed/infusion stone.
    (Sings of a similar nature, where it is more efficient to use the quest then craft it yourself, but you have to unlock it and it has long cooldowns.)

Mods:
  • ExtraUtilities: Even if it is just for the watering can. I have 16 3x3 plots where I work to get all my crops to 10,10,10 before I make any mutations or before I start with my large scale breeding.
    This will benefit players who favour quality over quantity, players who directly go for as many plants as possible won't really see any benefit.

If adding a mod just for one item is a bit much then maybe:
  • Somnia
    • You finally have a reason to pick nightshade.
    • Plants grow while you sleep.
This pack is amazing, rivalling some of the packs Jaded has made.
Feel free to tell me if the above rambling is a total waste of time or if you simply don't like it.

I hope that this pack continues to grow, I'll keep a lookout on this thread for any updates.
Best forward and good luck.
Quests are for the moment quite WIP, with more being tacked on as side chains all the time (such as the "Embraces" set), so more repeatables may be coming soon.
As to new mods, I currently want to focus on the pack with its current modlist before looking at any new mods, but I'll keep your suggestions in mind. The others which are currently on my radar as possible additions are Bagginses and Growthcraft, though I'll have to see how Growthcraft interacts with the removal of vanilla farming to see how viable it is.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
I did not know the drop rates are different between dead and alive grass. Now that I think about it...it's kind of obvious that alive, healthy grass would have a better chance of dropping items. I had a skeleton magic crop plot going so bonemeal wasn't a problem, something to remember when I restart my worlds on the next patch.

Started a new world a few hours back (Tried a new approach to the early game - mass spamming of crops compared to my other worlds where I went for a more compact build) at the moment I'm at the point where I have to decide if I want to take 1 extra copper seed or the extra essence. On my compact world the essence plants (9x9 setup) produced more essence then I could manually keep up with. On the less compact current setup (18x18 with another 9x9 currently growing) I literally have to many plant to actually harvest. I personally still won't take the essence either way seeing as the essence isn't really worth a lot, but I am the kind of person that wants to look back at the choice I've made and feel that were I to make different ones the game would have worked out totally different.

I love building pretty thing (kind of shocked when I couldn't craft slabs/chairs/brick versions of the cracked sand) but when the only things in the chest on the dolly was the plastic (Black plastic glow block 1553, mekanism, 64 items) I assumed you either trolled me, or it had some hidden use that I was missing.

I've never used witchery, easier book recipes might give me something to read while staring at the belladonna growing.

You can never go wrong with more quests.

The only reason I want something like the watering can is a mid-tier way of speeding up small amounts of growth (seeing as bonemeal does nothing for magic crops). I thought the recipe for the watering could maybe require living rock, mutandis and an ender,essence and dye seed. Not the most expensive thing ever, but you won't get it if you haven't at least touched the magic crops part of the pack. Somnia is a non interactive way of "speeding up" the growth, but if I'm the only one who lives on top of the barren landscape (you can thank magicfarm for my lack of trying to grow crops underground) then it is a pointless mod.
Also, the growth rate of crops is by no means slow, but it does get a bit boring when the only quests open require plants drops and you don't have anything to do while you wait. Mobs that swarm you during the day or increased hunger might be something to keep you occupied (All plant life has died, and with it most living things, any remaining things would definitely risk the hot sun to eat the only remaining food source - you). Not creeper riding a ghast kind of surprises but maybe a few small ones.

Adding more mods that add more plant types would be nice if you could unlock them with mutations (I'm currently studying to become a synthetic biologist so mutations get me all wet and bothered), but hunger isn't really a problem and all the carrots/potatoes/wheat just wastes away in a few chests, so more food crops seem wasteful. Increased hunger?
Enviromine type of hunger/survival feels a bit much, hungeroverhaul feels closer to "normal" but it severely cripples growth rates (might be a config option), spice of life is kind of an unpopular mod but it might make growthcraft/pam's something to give a try.

ousire

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this modpack a little bit ago, and I'm curious, is there any plan to add a minimap mod to the pack?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this modpack a little bit ago, and I'm curious, is there any plan to add a minimap mod to the pack?
Nope. It's intended that you use the Atlas from Bibliocraft for mapping. You'll encounter quests for it for it fairly early on, though the recipe for one of its components is broken in version 0.5 of the pack. I've fixed it with the 0.5.1 release which is currently just waiting to be put on the launcher - it should show up in the next couple of days.

EDIT: Changelog for 0.5.1 is in the first post now. Nearly forgot to do that.
As is a link to Almsivi's blog. For those that don't know who that is, she's a friend of mine who did the artwork for the pack.

Last edited:

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Hi just started playing this today, has anyone any tips for getting the sugar cane and mandrake? I have had
my carrots and wheat and potatoes and belladonna growing one space apart with crop sticks in the middle for days now and no sign of sugar cane or mandrake. I have tried bone mealing, letting stuff grow naturally, everything. I have had some unidentified seeds which turned out just to be wheat. Am I once again just being a noob? I have never grown crops with the sticks or anything before.

Also in the witches circles that spawn with witchery I think, they still have grass under them, not sure if this is intentional or just missed so thought I better mention it.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
Hi just started playing this today, has anyone any tips for getting the sugar cane and mandrake? I have had
my carrots and wheat and potatoes and belladonna growing one space apart with crop sticks in the middle for days now and no sign of sugar cane or mandrake. I have tried bone mealing, letting stuff grow naturally, everything. I have had some unidentified seeds which turned out just to be wheat. Am I once again just being a noob? I have never grown crops with the sticks or anything before.

Do you have cross crops in the middle instead of normal crops? You get cross crops stick by placing down normal crop sticks and right clicking them again with another set of sticks.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
After updating to 0.5.1 from 0.5 minecraft freezes up when I try to load the world. I get the message if I want to backup the existing world as there are some items missing and after the message, MC gets stuck at "Loading World".
Log can be found here: http://pastebin.com/weuxC17T

Also the log reports that BiblioCraft and Mariculture were downgraded some versions, just a messup in the metadata of the respective mods, indended or a derp? :p

Sry for double post.

terrianneellen

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have cross crops in the middle instead of normal crops? You get cross crops stick by placing down normal crop sticks and right clicking them again with another set of sticks.

Yes, it ended up I was confusing myself. I'll give an example so that no one else gets confused.

Between potato and belladonna, i was getting a 'potato seed' on my cross crop, I didn't realize that after so much percentage, or a specific stage of growth, not sure which, it will update and then say 'mandrake seed'. So basically it was me, being impatient as usual. ^^ Thanks for the help though!

Meuhmeuh

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i played the modpack in 0.5.0 and when i upgraded to 0.5.1 i have some issue with the first quest. It say that i only complete 50% of the quest but i was at 80%.
I tried the method with /hqm edit but i have the same problem.
578104quests.png

And i have a graphical bug for all of the Magic crop plant :
776083bug.png

Last edited:

ValenceK

Jul 29, 2019
This pack is a whole lot of fun! Is anyone else having trouble finding clay in oceans, or magnesium in the nether? I've zoomed around in creative and can't seem to find either. Excited to switch over to 0.5.1 today.

Meuhmeuh

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if there is aluminium in the nether, but i got some Pig Iron burn it into steel and made a pickaxe with it, so i got some ardit and after cobalt ect ..

Last edited:

Xeph

Jul 29, 2019
how about getting a large amount of normal seeds? I've never really used Agricraft before