[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Dark721

Jul 29, 2019
@Nox503

Not sure if it was changed in 0.5 but the part builder should have worked, maybe try taking everything out and putting it back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nox503

Jul 29, 2019
I tried doing as you suggested and making a new part table, no change still not working, also if you hold shift on the tool rod pattern I tells which material you can make the pattern out of and Flint is not listed. I am using version 0.5

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
I tried doing as you suggested and making a new part table, no change still not working, also if you hold shift on the tool rod pattern I tells which material you can make the pattern out of and Flint is not listed. I am using version 0.5
Noted. I'll look into it.

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone please tell me how to get coal seeds. The way I see it you need essence of coal to make coal seeds but to get the coal essence you need coal plants and to get the coal plants you need coal seeds, so to me it just seems like a Catch 22. I have been trying to figure this out for the past 3 hours with no success.

Dark721

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone please tell me how to get coal seeds. The way I see it you need essence of coal to make coal seeds but to get the coal essence you need coal plants and to get the coal plants you need coal seeds, so to me it just seems like a Catch 22. I have been trying to figure this out for the past 3 hours with no success.
There should be a repeatable quest in to book that gets you what you need

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Noted. I'll look into it.
I can confirm this, I think Iguanas Tinkers Tweaks got messed up Flint:rod is missing from the allowed list.

The fix is easy enough for those wondering.

Go into config\iguanatinkertweaks\restrictions.cfg and add

Flint:rod

Under the other flint parts. That will fix it.

Reactions: BMB78

Preladon

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a handful of 'bugs' that I found (all on the version that's downloadable on the FTB launcher today)

1) The quest to kill an Enderman (Ender-ference) makes reference to 'tall slim creatures', but is actually set in HQM to be an Enderminy. Much gnashing of teeth occurred, until I thought to put the book in edit mode.
2) The quest to craft a Mana-Spreader (Spreading the love) uses a modified recipe for the mana-spreader (which makes sense as we don't have access to gold yet). However, the Botania book still refers to the traditional recipe. This caught me out, and it might be worth adding a note to the quest text to show this.
3) All of the quests that I've encountered so far in book 4 (What the world teaches), complete but don't get marked as complete for me. I understand this is a bug in HQM, but I fixed it using the (well-known) fix of adding a +0 reputation reward.
4) The same (3) is true for all quests I've encountered so far in book 6 (What the world embraces)

Other than that, really enjoying this pack so far. By not having access to ores (and thus the distraction of automation), you've even made me attempt a 'pretty' rather than 'functional' base!

Prel.

nimO

Jul 29, 2019
What are good ways to get feathers? I am at the point where I only need the Air runes to progress further and I didnt find any chickens. Can I make a big enough grass patch somewhere and passive mobs spawn? Or do I have to go the mariculture breeding road?

Last edited:

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
What are good ways to get feathers? I am at the point where I only need the Air runes to progress further and I didnt find any chickens. Can I make a big enough grass patch somewhere and passive mobs spawn? Or do I have to go the mariculture breeding road?
Eggs are creaftable on the runic altar. Reasonably expensive, but a single craft produces a full stack of 16.

greene90000

Jul 29, 2019
I need milk in order to make cake for a rune of winter. I see the only way is cow essence, but there's no recipe for cow seeds. Is there another way to get a bucket of milk for cake?

Xeph

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to speed up growth without using the sprinkler cause I don't have iron yet

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
As it turns out, you were the inadvertent victim of a bug. The Coal seeds quest didn't have the required quests it was supposed, missing a requirement for "Carbon Connection"

Here's a handful of 'bugs' that I found (all on the version that's downloadable on the FTB launcher today)

1) The quest to kill an Enderman (Ender-ference) makes reference to 'tall slim creatures', but is actually set in HQM to be an Enderminy. Much gnashing of teeth occurred, until I thought to put the book in edit mode.
2) The quest to craft a Mana-Spreader (Spreading the love) uses a modified recipe for the mana-spreader (which makes sense as we don't have access to gold yet). However, the Botania book still refers to the traditional recipe. This caught me out, and it might be worth adding a note to the quest text to show this.
3) All of the quests that I've encountered so far in book 4 (What the world teaches), complete but don't get marked as complete for me. I understand this is a bug in HQM, but I fixed it using the (well-known) fix of adding a +0 reputation reward.
4) The same (3) is true for all quests I've encountered so far in book 6 (What the world embraces)

Other than that, really enjoying this pack so far. By not having access to ores (and thus the distraction of automation), you've even made me attempt a 'pretty' rather than 'functional' base!

Prel.
#1 is now fixed for 0.5.1
#2 - I've now added a little more info to the task to help people realize.
#3/4 - I was unaware that dummy reputation rewards worked for this. All otherwise rep rewardless quests have been given a dummy rep for 0.5.1

Always great to hear feedback, both positive and negative, though I do prefer it if the criticisms are at least constructive (see @Preladon's post for an excellent example of feedback on bugs). So thanks to all who are reporting issues to me. Hopefully I'll be able to get a fairly polished release out soon enough.