[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

ValenceK

Jul 29, 2019
could i get some tips on how to level up the seeds the best i can get are 3,3,3 and that only on wheat.

I take a handful of my best seeds, and put them randomly around in a 9x9 space, and fill the rest with crosscrops and let the plants proliferate until they've filled up most of the 81 squares. I go and collect the seeds and repeat.

Also, to anyone as stupid as I am: there is a recipe at the runic altar for eggs, and there are additional recipes for spawn eggs using regular chicken eggs. thephoenixlodge: have you considered putting a quest to create animals that appears the same time as the quest for the first set of runes does? I was trying to get butterfly fish for hours in order to get feathers for the air rune.

Reactions: cravenhydra78

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
FarmSetup.png

I use the left arrangement if I want to plant my crops, leave for a day and then come back, you could also use this on a server. You plant whatever you want to improve at one end and fill the rest with cross-crops.
It will slowly grow it's way up to the other side, improving with each cross-crop (if you are unlucky it will stay the same when it grows over, but this is fairly unlikely).
On average it takes about 32-35 blocks of growth to go from a 1,1,1 to a 10,10,10.

The one on the right needs a lot of player input, you need 4 seeds to start with. Start by placing a crop on each tip of the cross-shape and a cross-crop in the middle, now wait for it to create a crop in the middle, remove it. I do this about 8 times, where i remove the middle one add a cross-crop and then wait for a new crop, I then analyse every seed and pick the 4 best ones. I then destroy the outer crops, plant the best 4 of my 8 and then wait for them to mature. They will start producing crops in the middle and then I just select the best 4 again. I repeat this until I have what I want.
This method reduces the amount of times the crop doesn't improve, because you actively select against it, it's also a bit faster seeing as 4 crops grow onto one cross-crop.
You can select for a specific trait with this method, just choose the 4 seeds according to what you want.
The only negative is the amount of player interaction, it gets to be a lot of work if you have to manage 12 of these setups at the same time. The seed backlog is also a bit much.

PS. The left method is horrible for magic crops, seeing as they seem to spread a lot slower.

Last edited:

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge I think you have a hit on your hands, keep up the good work. My first video on it got more likes in three days than any other video I have. 29 like the first day and over 300 views the first day. Matter of fact it was my first video to hit the 301+ mark on youtube :D THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019
Will it ever be a feature where the seed used in recipes transfers its traits to the product? Like using a wheat seed to create an essence seed, the essence seed inherits the trait from the original seed, same with the crafting of the ore seeds using the runic alter?

StAj

Jul 29, 2019
@thephoenixlodge I think you have a hit on your hands, keep up the good work. My first video on it got more likes in three days than any other video I have. 29 like the first day and over 300 views the first day. Matter of fact it was my first video to hit the 301+ mark on youtube :D THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
Yeah it's right my new series on this is my most watched ever

CRWW_bug

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! new to the forums and the modpack but loving it a lot! I really like modpacks where I create my resources.

Will it ever be a feature where the seed used in recipes transfers its traits to the product? Like using a wheat seed to create an essence seed, the essence seed inherits the trait from the original seed, same with the crafting of the ore seeds using the runic alter?

I like this idea. It takes a long time for me to mature plants to a point where it feels worth it to start harvesting, and having to start over for each new seed is a little disheartening. Maybe you could have a modifier where the child seed only gets a portion of the traits of the parent seed so that there is still room to grow but those who like quality seeds don't lose all the work they put in to mature their current crop.

Also; how do I get a smeltery? I admit I haven't exhausted all the quests, but I spawned near an ocean and there were pockets of clay everywhere (yeah!) but there is no recipe for grout. I realize it's a little useless until you get aluminum or gold, but I really wanted to make one.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
:O
I'll have a look and see what I can do with this for 0.6
Hi! new to the forums and the modpack but loving it a lot! I really like modpacks where I create my resources.

I like this idea. It takes a long time for me to mature plants to a point where it feels worth it to start harvesting, and having to start over for each new seed is a little disheartening. Maybe you could have a modifier where the child seed only gets a portion of the traits of the parent seed so that there is still room to grow but those who like quality seeds don't lose all the work they put in to mature their current crop.

Also; how do I get a smeltery? I admit I haven't exhausted all the quests, but I spawned near an ocean and there were pockets of clay everywhere (yeah!) but there is no recipe for grout. I realize it's a little useless until you get aluminum or gold, but I really wanted to make one.
The smeltery comes once you get to early metals and early tech, you'll need the crucible furnace to melt down cobble to seared stone to make your smeltery.

Also, to anyone as stupid as I am: there is a recipe at the runic altar for eggs, and there are additional recipes for spawn eggs using regular chicken eggs. thephoenixlodge: have you considered putting a quest to create animals that appears the same time as the quest for the first set of runes does? I was trying to get butterfly fish for hours in order to get feathers for the air rune.
There definitely will be quests for animals, they'll be there in 0.6, I just didn't get around to writing them for the 0.5 branch

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
There definitely will be quests for animals, they'll be there in 0.6, I just didn't get around to writing them for the 0.5 branch

You have chickens spawning in the Nether, or at least I found one. Was much easier than trying to get Butterfly fishes.

So far the modpack for only being in alpha is quite good, although when you hit the blockade of essence-related quests until you get your seeds, things grind down to a bit of a halt. Essence seeds seem to take a much, much longer time to propagate than other plants do.

Still, I'm enjoying it, and beyond animal related quests, what else might we be looking towards in the future? Good job, really enjoying it... except for having spent two hours trying and failing to find a mushroom! hah!

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
You have chickens spawning in the Nether, or at least I found one. Was much easier than trying to get Butterfly fishes.

So far the modpack for only being in alpha is quite good, although when you hit the blockade of essence-related quests until you get your seeds, things grind down to a bit of a halt. Essence seeds seem to take a much, much longer time to propagate than other plants do.

Still, I'm enjoying it, and beyond animal related quests, what else might we be looking towards in the future? Good job, really enjoying it... except for having spent two hours trying and failing to find a mushroom! hah!
Mutandis and then subsequently bonemeal is your best bet for mushrooms :)
As for the chicken, did a chicken jockey wander through your portal maybe?
As for the Essence seeds, I want to try and lower their tier within agricraft, though I'm not sure how possible that is currently, as all magic crops stuff is currently tier 4 within agricraft, which is the tier at which bonemeal apparently becomes inneffective against them. The agricraft tiers are also what define how quickly a plant will grow on crops. A lot of what I'm considering at the moment may require talking to InfinityRaider to request a couple of features, but he has been amazingly accommodating of what I've been trying to achieve thus far, so fingers crossed.

For 0.6 I want to give a bit more of focus on the midgame for quests and tweaking, and get the formerly-MJ triad balanced how I want in the progression. Quests do already exist for getting you to the point of having the means to start on mekanism, but I'll probably wait until I'm working on 0.7 for doing quests with it.
I also want to try and have a bit of a reward for going to the effort of getting maxed seeds (10/10/10), and maybe have some quests to get into fish breeding and bees. On the magic side of things I want to get some more quests going with witchery and botania, and get the quests up to the point of getting started in thaumcraft.
The "Made of" branch will also be getting split into 2 branches, as it currently seems to cause clients to grind to a halt once they've got all 4 tiers open, probably just due to the number of flashing icons (repeatables and quests not yet completed).

Long term, the 0.7 branch will likely be the last alpha branch, where I focus on Mek, AE, TC and BM, with the subsequent release being the 1.0 beta. It is at that point that I will likely look at bringing a number of mods up for review for inclusion into the pack, but the basis and most of the main quests will likely be in place by then.

Last edited:

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
As for the Essence seeds, I want to try and lower their tier within agricraft, though I'm not sure how possible that is currently, as all magic crops stuff is currently tier 4 within agricraft, which is the tier at which bonemeal apparently becomes inneffective against them. The agricraft tiers are also what define how quickly a plant will grow on crops. A lot of what I'm considering at the moment may require talking to InfinityRaider to request a couple of features, but he has been amazingly accommodating of what I've been trying to achieve thus far, so fingers crossed.

For 0.6 I want to give a bit more of focus on the midgame for quests and tweaking, and get the formerly-MJ triad balanced how I want in the progression. Quests do already exist for getting you to the point of having the means to start on mekanism, but I'll probably wait until I'm working on 0.7 for doing quests with it. I also want to try and have a bit of a reward for going to the effort of getting maxed seeds (10/10/10), and maybe have some quests to get into fish breeding and bees. On the magic side of things I want to get some more quests going with witchery and botania, and get the quests up to the point of getting started in thaumcraft.

Long term, the 0.7 branch will likely be the last alpha branch, where I focus on Mek, AE, TC and BM, with the subsequent release being the 1.0 beta. It is at that point that I will likely look at bringing a number of mods up for review for inclusion into the pack, but the basis and most of the main quests will likely be in place by then.
Nah, no jockey's or the like, I tend to create rooms that nothing but a player can get in and out of on both sides, so not sure how it managed to spawn there. I noticed one other mob, but wasn't able to identify what exactly it was, it only came up as a neutral type creature (I put JourneyMap into the pack, as I'm terrible with directions).

As for mod inclusion... definitely consider the Iron Chests (I think the mod is) as I'm uncertain of any type of large diversity low quantity storage, and AE is so far in the future that it's getting annoying having to rely on vanilla chests, especially when I'm starting to get some decent metal coming in. (Not to mention all of those seeds while working towards 10,10,10) That's the only thing that made me stop and go "I NEED these," thus far in the modpack. I honestly have never used Mariculture or Mekanism at all, so I came in without having a go-to idea of machines, or what I wanted to aim for, if that makes sense. The Quests have done a decent job at explaining things thus far, currently hung up on the Water Tank Siding (Slime Essence...), Rutile NetherOre, Reclamation, and the Runes.

Overall, with the current quests, it does keep you goal oriented, and with the exception of the essence thing you're already aware of, nothing feels like you have to stop and wait. I'd even maybe suggest cutting down on some rewards, especially the mana generating flora. The flowers are so easy to get, especially if one takes the Skeleton Essence. Think I'm up to 4x tablets filled for future infusions.

Good job and keep up the excellent work.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
As for mod inclusion... definitely consider the Iron Chests (I think the mod is) as I'm uncertain of any type of large diversity low quantity storage, and AE is so far in the future that it's getting annoying having to rely on vanilla chests, especially when I'm starting to get some decent metal coming in. (Not to mention all of those seeds while working towards 10,10,10) That's the only thing that made me stop and go "I NEED these," thus far in the modpack. I honestly have never used Mariculture or Mekanism at all, so I came in without having a go-to idea of machines, or what I wanted to aim for, if that makes sense. The Quests have done a decent job at explaining things thus far, currently hung up on the Water Tank Siding (Slime Essence...), Rutile NetherOre, Reclamation, and the Runes.

Overall, with the current quests, it does keep you goal oriented, and with the exception of the essence thing you're already aware of, nothing feels like you have to stop and wait. I'd even maybe suggest cutting down on some rewards, especially the mana generating flora. The flowers are so easy to get, especially if one takes the Skeleton Essence. Think I'm up to 4x tablets filled for future infusions.

Good job and keep up the excellent work.
Iron chests is one I'm vetoing on the principle that with this pack I'm trying to get people not to rely on some of the usual crutches, its the same reason that there is no minimap included in the pack by default. Heck, I didn't even include inventory tweaks until right before releasing 0.4 onto the launcher. The only possible additions in the storage department are BetterStorage, for its non specifics storage options (crates full of seeds anyone?), and Bagginses as a solution to the portable storage that is somewhat lacking in the pack currently. For the most part though, Storage Drawers tend to provide a fairly good intermediate between vanilla chests and Barrels.

Malicine

Jul 29, 2019

For 0.6 I want to give a bit more of focus on the midgame for quests and tweaking, and get the formerly-MJ triad balanced how I want in the progression. Quests do already exist for getting you to the point of having the means to start on mekanism, but I'll probably wait until I'm working on 0.7 for doing quests with it.
I also want to try and have a bit of a reward for going to the effort of getting maxed seeds (10/10/10), and maybe have some quests to get into fish breeding and bees. On the magic side of things I want to get some more quests going with witchery and botania, and get the quests up to the point of getting started in thaumcraft.
The "Made of" branch will also be getting split into 2 branches, as it currently seems to cause clients to grind to a halt once they've got all 4 tiers open, probably just due to the number of flashing icons (repeatables and quests not yet completed).

The amount of awesome is to much.