[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so where am I going wrong here.

I've tried to set up a Alchemy Golem, and it just doesn't want to work. There is currently essentia in the alembics, and the golem just sits there.

Try placing the golem on the alembics rather than the base. The picture shows your golem linked to the base.

Edit: Also, the golem can only reach 2 blocks high. You will need to rearrange the jars so they are not any taller. If the golem doesn't have a way to reach a jar that he recognizes as a valid destination, it will just sit there and do nothing.

Reactions: Draconicrose

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Also, there's a minor bug with growing wormwood.

It requires Wispy Cotton nearby, but despite being able to be planted on Garden Soil, it doesn't register.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
OK, so where am I going wrong here.

I've tried to set up a Alchemy Golem, and it just doesn't want to work. It is definitely an alchemy core, I've tried both a wooden and clay golem, tried following various videos. I place the golem, place the core, use the golemancers bell to link it to the alchemical furnace and then link it to the jars that are nearby. There is currently essentia in the alembics, and the golem just sits there.
Check if he has stuff in his jar and he doesn't have a place to put it

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, nothing in the jar, and the aspects that are in the alembics have labelled jars.

Additional to Thaumcraft, I need to craft the void metal, and the HQM book makes reference to opening up Eldritch tab, do I just need to keep researching anything that gives me warp? I'm getting some warp effects, but nothing amazing at this stage.

As a bit of a side note, this is what I find frustrating with Thaumcraft in general, I find the progression infuriating as unless you know it really well, you find yourself pretty much stumbling around in the dark trying to get the right research to unlock by researching/scanning what you think will unlock it. I think that some of this has been addressed in the latest version.

It's never been a mod that I've got massively into simply because I hate having to start all of the research from the ground up every time. I usually go looking for a cheat sheet to discover things in the right order. I will admit that I do watch DW20 in a bit of awe with the level of comfort that he has with the mod, but I just am unwilling to invest that amount of time whenever I start up a new world.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft is one of those mods you just play. You make it hard on yourself trying to reserch things efficiently. You go all in or nothing at all. Research everything or nothing at all. Even the arcane ear. While it's possible to reserch exact things it's much simpler to just research everything you can. However it's quite a pain on this pack as it's set to "easy" mode. And at least in my case ordo is really scarce. I am eating up crafting tables and have 300+ of all primals but ordo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think that it does. When I logged back in, it has a jar now without me giving it one, but still doesn't want to move essentia.

Yeah, you don't have to give it a jar.

Also ignore the advice about binding it to the alembic - that's also not needed. Just right click the golem on the furnace when you place it like you do with all the other TC golems.

Finally, I'm fairly certain that the problem you are having is that the golem is trying to put essentia into an unlabeled jar that is sitting ontop of another jar and out of it's reach. Whoever said golems can reach 2 above them is wrong - maybe they can reach 1 space above them, but definitely not 2 and they won't path very well in either case. If you want golems to put essentia into jars vertically then you need to tier your jars like you are building steps and then provide stairs for them if you feel like being nice, otherwise they will just climb ontop of other jars that are 1 high to get to the next level (but the pathing gets derpy as hell).

Golems are only 1 block high and can really only reach 1 block in any direction. The Alchemy golem is kind of an exception, but only in regards to the furnace. It doesn't actually "reach" the alembics sitting on top of the furnace, it just sort of magically empties them when attached to the furnace.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you don't have to give it a jar.

Also ignore the advice about binding it to the alembic - that's also not needed. Just right click the golem on the furnace when you place it like you do with all the other TC golems.

Finally, I'm fairly certain that the problem you are having is that the golem is trying to put essentia into an unlabeled jar that is sitting ontop of another jar and out of it's reach. Whoever said golems can reach 2 above them is wrong - maybe they can reach 1 space above them, but definitely not 2 and they won't path very well in either case. If you want golems to put essentia into jars vertically then you need to tier your jars like you are building steps and then provide stairs for them if you feel like being nice, otherwise they will just climb ontop of other jars that are 1 high to get to the next level (but the pathing gets derpy as hell).

Golems are only 1 block high and can really only reach 1 block in any direction. The Alchemy golem is kind of an exception, but only in regards to the furnace. It doesn't actually "reach" the alembics sitting on top of the furnace, it just sort of magically empties them when attached to the furnace.

I wipe it's orders again and set it up. I can't right click it onto the Furnace, if I try that it opens the furnace, or a shift right click does nothing. I'll change the jars so that they're staggered, but I'd already changed them to being stacked two high.

Thanks for the tips. Really frustrating that it's not working.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I wipe it's orders again and set it up. I can't right click it onto the Furnace, if I try that it opens the furnace, or a shift right click does nothing. I'll change the jars so that they're staggered, but I'd already changed them to being stacked two high.

Thanks for the tips. Really frustrating that it's not working.

Shift+right click with a golem on the alchemy furnace absolutely works. If you're thinking that you might actually have a bug, remove the core from the golem, then place it again, then add the core.

In any case, I'm certain that your problem is with your jar layout.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I asked this question in the Beginners Guide to Blood Magic, but I'll ask it here as well.

Has anyone managed to get a Demon Shard for BM to get the next tier of Blood Orb? The summoning ritual doesn't work for me. I tried to summon a Water Elemental which from reading online info requires 6 Aquasalus on Arcane Pedestals and a Blood Orb on a central Arcane Plinth. I put my Magicians Blood Orb (or whatever the one is that is made from a weak blood shard) and I have about 120K LP in my network. But nothing happens. It's outdoors, there is nothing above the summoning circle.

Again, any tips, clues or ideas are appreciated.

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft is one of those mods you just play. You make it hard on yourself trying to reserch things efficiently. You go all in or nothing at all. Research everything or nothing at all. Even the arcane ear. While it's possible to reserch exact things it's much simpler to just research everything you can. However it's quite a pain on this pack as it's set to "easy" mode. And at least in my case ordo is really scarce. I am eating up crafting tables and have 300+ of all primals but ordo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
It being in easy mode was honestly accidental - I was trying to make it easier on myself to creative test research and forgot to switch it back to normal mode a few versions back. Normal mode is the intention, but I'm not sure changing it back is worth the probable backlash that would result.

Reactions: Draconicrose

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I got the BM summoning working, I was using the wrong blood orb. Using the Master Blood orb summoned the elemental. I didn't get a Demon Shard, but I didn't kill it with a bound sword.

Thaumcraft Golem still isn't working.

d9phoenix

Jul 29, 2019
It being in easy mode was honestly accidental - I was trying to make it easier on myself to creative test research and forgot to switch it back to normal mode a few versions back. Normal mode is the intention, but I'm not sure changing it back is worth the probable backlash that would result.

I was wondering why it seemed easier. After experiencing both, i honestly wouldn't mind it being set back to Normal. It doesn't really make it that much harder, just requires a little more time.

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having an issue with Snowbells dropping ice needles but no snowballs? Is there another way to get snow for the Winter rune recipe?

** Found a post a few pages back saying it's fixed in a later version of Agricraft **

Thanks for that info. I've never replaced a single mod within a pack on a hosted server, do I only replace the .jar file within the Mods directory or do I also replace Agricraft within the config directory as well? Thank for your help.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is anyone else having an issue with Snowbells dropping ice needles but no snowballs? Is there another way to get snow for the Winter rune recipe?

There is a way to get snow without updating Agricraft. Take your Pure Daisy, and set it up like this:
S=block of anything (If it's stone or logs, you can get LivingWood and/or LivingRock as a side benefit)
W=source block of water (This will turn into snow after a bit.)
D=Pure Daisy
_=empty space (Just there to line things up)

_S_S_
SwSwS
_SDS_
SwSwS
_S_S_

DanH

Jul 29, 2019
There is a way to get snow without updating Agricraft. Take your Pure Daisy, and set it up like this:
S=block of anything (If it's stone or logs, you can get LivingWood and/or LivingRock as a side benefit)
W=source block of water (This will turn into snow after a bit.)
D=Pure Daisy
_=empty space (Just there to line things up)

_S_S_
SwSwS
_SDS_
SwSwS
_S_S_
Thanks a lot for that tip. I'll try it tonight.