[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Lady_Oolong

Jul 29, 2019
Has it been said anywhere that there will/won't be more pack updates? So if we want to grab updated mods we should/shouldn't wait?

(Just noticed the post above me asking about the same thing: the most I know is that mod authors in general are looking forward to 1.8/1.9 now so while people will likely keep playing, not expecting much for updates.)

D

DJ salix

ok, thanks for reply, but still.... when was the last time this pack was updated? just asking if anyone knows

M

Mellisa

Been playing for about a week now, and i made a new world, because i was unhappy with the old one. However, after a day or 2 i wanted to load it and it crashed. Crash report suggested turning off Optifine, which i did. It still crashes. The other world is still fine. I made a technical help topic here but im hoping someone here could give me an solution faster.

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing for about a week now, and i made a new world, because i was unhappy with the old one. However, after a day or 2 i wanted to load it and it crashed. Crash report suggested turning off Optifine, which i did. It still crashes. The other world is still fine. I made a technical help topic here but im hoping someone here could give me an solution faster.
try raiseing max permgen size to 512MB -XX:MaxPermSize=512M

M

Mellisa

try raiseing max permgen size to 512MB -XX:MaxPermSize=512M

How would i do that? And i tried giving more ram to the game via the FTB launcher, and it didn't work. Besides, it worked fine upto that point..

rjwboys

Jul 29, 2019
java agurements ... oops java 8 doesn't have it sorry

Correct, though its more the mid-semester rush presently.

This won't actually do anything since the pack requires Java8, which doesn't use permgen.
oh nm ... that error used to come out for me on java 7 and permgen solved it

Last edited by a moderator:

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019

This has nothing to do with Optifine or any of your mods, they're all loading correctly. The error you're getting, basically a bad index on the chunk loader, means that your map is corrupted.

There isn't a good way to fix this, the best you can probably do is download a copy of MC-Edit and try to find the bad chunk and delete it. Barring that, your world is gone unless you manually made a backup.

Honestly, my opinion is that for some reason Regrowth is very susceptible to chunk/world corruption when crashing compared to other mod packs. I have no idea why this is. I think the modpack author should include a world backup mod in the pack, but barring that I would recommend that you hop over to curse and download one for forge 1.7.10

Carcass72

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this happen to me a few times. I don't think it's related to using chunkloaders or any type of machinery.

However, since you were up really high, I think this might be your bug:

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/2ozdwr/1710_please_point_me_to_a_mod_that_fixes_a/

Kind Sir, thank you, big compliment.
You saved my world (MC only, unfortunately) which I stopped to play about two months ago exactly for this gamebreaking issue. Installed Squidless and problems are gone.
Shame to my Google skills I wasn't able to find anything about it although I suspected squids as well.

Many, many thanks, once again!

D

dotmore

Quick question: If i crossbreed 2 10/10/10 seeds, will the 'baby' seed be 10/10/10 too, or a regular 1/1/1?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
There is a bug in the Academy Craft quest line. The (I think) second quest requires you to make the Basic Matrix stuff including three of the constraint metal plate. As I didn't have any of the machines, I had to make them via the rolling machine. I did that and they didn't detect for the quest. I then made the extra machines to get the Foundry, made the plates in that as well and I still couldn't complete the quest.

I ended up having to /hqm edit to complete the quest.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Quick question: If i crossbreed 2 10/10/10 seeds, will the 'baby' seed be 10/10/10 too, or a regular 1/1/1?

My results have been 5 / 5 / 5, so its way faster to breed lvl 10 than lvl 1 seeds..

While this is true for a single new seed type, it should be noted that upgrading every new seed type from 5/5/5 to 10/10/10 before breeding the next one is actually way slower than just progressing with 1/1/1 seeds as fast as possible and then upgrading them all from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10 in parallel afterwards.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of a rant, bit of a victory.

I got to the witchery quest where I had to go to the Otherworld/Spirit World (can't remember the exact name). I'd learnt from a prior game that potion effects last. So I brewed up one of the magic crops super dooper potions (with all 6) quaffed it and went to sleep. I then spent the next 15 minutes or so running around looking for enough of the nightmare cotton. I actually ran enough to deplete my food bar to nothing, so I was taking damage (but regeneration was keeping me alive).

Now the victory. I was then able to make the dream catcher thingy so on the second attempt, I then got into the dream world rather than the nightmare world. Because I hadn't accepted any reward for the first infusion stone quest, I was then able to claim skeleton essence seeds for the dream world. This meant that I was able to storm (within reason) through the progression so I now have an ender chest.

For anyone who wants to do this without resorting to carrying stuff over via a mod (I'm aware of the tinkers belt and a few others, but I prefer the challenge). The steps that I more or less went down are

Get Flint tools
Upgrade pickaxe to Nether (so you can mine copper)
Grout is available as world gen. Get enough to make the smallest possible smeltery (this is 1x1x1, so it can smelt a single block at a time).
Start melting cobblestone so you can make a bigger one, keep increasing it until you can remake it to a decent size.
Once you have iron, you can make an alumite pickaxe which is sufficient to get gold (You can get obsidian via the Mariculture Vat). This allows you to make a cobble gen with a stripes pipe from BC.
Get Oysters, as that is your source of Ender Pearls. You'll need 6 to get Ender seeds, one for the runic altar, 1 for an infusion stone, 4 to get Ender Seeds.
You'll need mutandis to get Mushrooms (earth rune) and Netherwart (Fire rune)
You'll need to get Blaze Seeds. Along the way, you'll need to get Nether Seeds, you can get Copper, Iron, Tin and Dye, but you only need a single essence to get the second tier Infusion Stone.

If you have access to lots of bones, then this is a lot easier, as you need a decent amount of floral fertilizer to complete various essence quests, as well as clay etc. This is why I collected the rewards for the first tier infusion stone so that I could get them here. While it made it a bit harder starting out, I generally found that I wasn't waiting for plants to grow, and I could collect a reasonable number of bones at dawn anyway.