[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
forestry farms sizes. Have they changes
I made a 3x4x4 and id seems to be 20 blocks where forestry page says 9

Mordenkainen

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot to mention I was on a server. (I'm an admin but logs seem to be stored server-side. I found the log report, but it just has the timestamp and that I died trying to swim in lava.). I think it may be being stored server side, whereas the previous pack stored it client side.
It is stored server side. In that folder you will find files named like: <date>_<time> graveLogs.log

In that file you will see a line like:
<date> <time> [INFO] Create <username>'s grave at <X>x<Y>x<Z>

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm back to this pack after a bit of hiatus and really enjoying it (again). I started a new map and I'm pretty far along through some of the quests (I think that I've got all of the essence crops bar sulphur and certus, and I've done all of the other seed quests). I'm starting to get into power production and I must admit that I'm not closely following the quests so I'm already getting into Mekanism despite no quests having been opened for it yet.

However, I'm just about to really automate my crops with BC Robots. My first one is out harvesting, and the items are being pulled into a chest by a hopperhock. The next step is to transport it to a central location and then autocraft some and just store the rest. The idea being that if there is a single product from the essence, then craft it, otherwise store it. I'm trying to work out a good way of doing this for my entire farm. At this stage, I have a 4x4 area for every non-witchery crop that I've bred (except for the essence seeds, which is 4 4x4). So I'm expecting to produce a lot fairly quickly. Overkill, yeah probably, but sometimes I like going nuts.

I was thinking about trying to copy DW20s system that he had, but he had a fairly small amount of automated crops so he was able to use Diamond Pipes into chests and then used the Auto Assemblers. I had a previous setup where I was using the Mekanism sorting, but that's limited to 16 as that is colour based. So I'm a bit stuck for the size of my planned operation. Ideally I want all crops to come to a single access point rather than having multiple points.

I think that I can do it with storage draws assuming that I can pull from the individual drawers, that way I can push all of the farm output into a draw controller which then places the output into drawers, which then have the content pulled (either by another system into chests, or directly by the auto assembler).

Are there any other viable options? I haven't done any Thaumcraft yet (so no golems).

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm back to this pack after a bit of hiatus and really enjoying it (again). I started a new map and I'm pretty far along through some of the quests (I think that I've got all of the essence crops bar sulphur and certus, and I've done all of the other seed quests). I'm starting to get into power production and I must admit that I'm not closely following the quests so I'm already getting into Mekanism despite no quests having been opened for it yet.

However, I'm just about to really automate my crops with BC Robots. My first one is out harvesting, and the items are being pulled into a chest by a hopperhock. The next step is to transport it to a central location and then autocraft some and just store the rest. The idea being that if there is a single product from the essence, then craft it, otherwise store it. I'm trying to work out a good way of doing this for my entire farm. At this stage, I have a 4x4 area for every non-witchery crop that I've bred (except for the essence seeds, which is 4 4x4). So I'm expecting to produce a lot fairly quickly. Overkill, yeah probably, but sometimes I like going nuts.

I was thinking about trying to copy DW20s system that he had, but he had a fairly small amount of automated crops so he was able to use Diamond Pipes into chests and then used the Auto Assemblers. I had a previous setup where I was using the Mekanism sorting, but that's limited to 16 as that is colour based. So I'm a bit stuck for the size of my planned operation. Ideally I want all crops to come to a single access point rather than having multiple points.

I think that I can do it with storage draws assuming that I can pull from the individual drawers, that way I can push all of the farm output into a draw controller which then places the output into drawers, which then have the content pulled (either by another system into chests, or directly by the auto assembler).

Are there any other viable options? I haven't done any Thaumcraft yet (so no golems).
If you can make crushers you should use Forestry farms. You need to make sure you have a chipset with copper tubes and set to manual. This will set the farm in to orchard mode and they can harvest Agricraft crops.
Only drawback is it needs power and fertilizer but both of those problems are solved by mechanism. Crush gun powder for salpeter and use fire and earth essence in separate auto crafters to make the sand and dirt then craft that with the salpeter you crushed and viola, fertilizer for days.
Also if you are one of those bee fanatics you could always try for an apatine bee too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
I had a previous setup where I was using the Mekanism sorting, but that's limited to 16 as that is colour based. So I'm a bit stuck for the size of my planned operation. Ideally I want all crops to come to a single access point rather than having multiple points.

if you set each color to a chest and surround that with four auto assemblers you can already handle 64 crafting recipes.
if that is not enough you can use one of the colors for a chest hooked up to another logistical sorter on a different network.
that way you can chain networks and practically have infinite destinations available.
auto assemblers do have a tendency to disappear once in a blue moon, so you have to check up on them sometimes, or use a different autocrafting method.

Reactions: An0nymuS

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
so I'm trying to automate making cakes for the first time just because I feel like it'd be a really nice way to not have to worry about running out of mana with botania fun...

I'm at like... slight finishing touches on the autocrafting part of the cakes.... and I am kinda confused on how to use gates to make it so that It pulls only cakes and empty buckets into a tube? (and preferably only pulls cakes if the cake chest isn't full just for safety reasons... (feathers are also going into the chest)

I'm just not sure what settings you're supposed to use :(

I'm using a gold AND autarchic gate..

http://prntscr.com/atoqzb
I kinda thought it'd be this but energy pulsar is the only option that pulls any items, not just the items I want.

http://prntscr.com/atotbx

Here's how I want the buckets and cakes to move.

But ya is it not possible to tell buildcraft pipes to only draw certain items? :( I mean I guess there's probably some way to fill up the buckets with golems tbh but I thought it'd be fun to use all the tech stuff I made already...........

I've never actually automated anything on this scale tbh =_=; the most automation I've ever done is like... making self sustaining forestry farms pretty much in different packs. This is honestly the first time I've even touched BC silicon....

Last edited:

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
so I'm trying to automate making cakes for the first time just because I feel like it'd be a really nice way to not have to worry about running out of mana with botania fun...

I'm at like... slight finishing touches on the autocrafting part of the cakes.... and I am kinda confused on how to use gates to make it so that It pulls only cakes and empty buckets into a tube? (and preferably only pulls cakes if the cake chest isn't full just for safety reasons... (feathers are also going into the chest)

I'm just not sure what settings you're supposed to use :(

I'm using a gold AND autarchic gate..

http://prntscr.com/atoqzb
I kinda thought it'd be this but energy pulsar is the only option that pulls any items, not just the items I want.

http://prntscr.com/atotbx

Here's how I want the buckets and cakes to move.

But ya is it not possible to tell buildcraft pipes to only draw certain items? :( I mean I guess there's probably some way to fill up the buckets with golems tbh but I thought it'd be fun to use all the tech stuff I made already...........

I've never actually automated anything on this scale tbh =_=; the most automation I've ever done is like... making self sustaining forestry farms pretty much in different packs. This is honestly the first time I've even touched BC silicon....

There are quite a few different ways to do this, but you might want to look at just using an emerald extraction pipe in round robin mode. It has 9 slots, put an item in each slot and then put a gate/engine on it. It will extract each item in turn and stop it's sequence if it runs out of items. For instance, if you run out of milk buckets, it will wait until more milk buckets are available before extracting them and it won't continue to extract the other items out of sequence even if they are available (like sugar, eggs or wheat).

Although, if you have golems you can accomplish the same thing using a golem with a FILL core and attaching it to that golem worktable you have. You might need a logic upgrade in it, but it can keep a certain number of items stocked in the workbench and draw them from your chest as well.

Reactions: An0nymuS

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I am almost finished with the "How the world works" quest line and I still haven't opened/unlocked the quest for the alchemy catalyst. Do I need to have something in my inventory to open it?

After starting the bees, aren't there more quests following the one to make the bee house? Nothing opening there either.

I had to make a lot of machines (blasting furnace, bloomery, rolling machine) just to keep continuing but the quests to make them aren't appearing. Nothing has opened on that quest line since I made the distillery.

Thaumcraft, I only have the book, the crucible, and the wand. I've made all of the thaumcraft related seeds except the ones from "How the world lives" because I need to do research for them.

Is there a quest that gives a block or 2 of manullyn and ardite? I've searched all over the nether and only found 2 nether ardite ore. Cobalt on the other hand seems to be everywhere.

I've done a lot of stuff that I know there are quests for but the quest lines don't seem to be opening correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
I am almost finished with the "How the world works" quest line and I still haven't opened/unlocked the quest for the alchemy catalyst. Do I need to have something in my inventory to open it?

After starting the bees, aren't there more quests following the one to make the bee house? Nothing opening there either.

I had to make a lot of machines (blasting furnace, bloomery, rolling machine) just to keep continuing but the quests to make them aren't appearing. Nothing has opened on that quest line since I made the distillery.

Thaumcraft, I only have the book, the crucible, and the wand. I've made all of the thaumcraft related seeds except the ones from "How the world lives" because I need to do research for them.

Is there a quest that gives a block or 2 of manullyn and ardite? I've searched all over the nether and only found 2 nether ardite ore. Cobalt on the other hand seems to be everywhere.

I've done a lot of stuff that I know there are quests for but the quest lines don't seem to be opening correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you craft all your essences and smelt your ores into ingots. Some of it is very counter intuitive - quest requires lapis lazuli blocks, but it's hidden until you craft some lapis lazuli. It should probably open up the first time you get a seed instead. But whatever.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure you craft all your essences and smelt your ores into ingots. Some of it is very counter intuitive - quest requires lapis lazuli blocks, but it's hidden until you craft some lapis lazuli. It should probably open up the first time you get a seed instead. But whatever.
I had to make lapis blocks to make terrasteel. Also do the ores have to be smelted in a furnace? Quite a few of them I put straight into the TC smeltery. Except for the rutile which had be in the blast furnace before I could put it into the smeltery.

Made a new lapis block but there have been no changes to the hqm book. I am on the strong essence seeds so I have crafted a lot of the various essences

Masterpandabear

Jul 29, 2019
if you set each color to a chest and surround that with four auto assemblers you can already handle 64 crafting recipes.
if that is not enough you can use one of the colors for a chest hooked up to another logistical sorter on a different network.
that way you can chain networks and practically have infinite destinations available.
auto assemblers do have a tendency to disappear once in a blue moon, so you have to check up on them sometimes, or use a different autocrafting method.

You can put 5 around each chest ( one for each side and one below), when i did this thou i found out mekanism transporters and sorters would sometimes act strange. Another option is to use an AE system, much more compact and easy but yeah you do require the actual system.

Some quest require reputation to open (i know for instance that to unlock mekanism quest you need at least 70 with machinist and to hold a osmium bar in your hand (in that order) plus having completed whatever prerequisites before it if there was any....

I am pretty sure for thaumcraft you need to make a greatwood sapling to open the rest of the quests (thaumcraft table require greatwood to craft).

There are more bee quests, they also unlock later on but cant tell what are the requirements.

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
You need to hold a gold bar for this to unlock if memory serves. Usually the first thing i make once i get gold
A gold bar while I do what? I just made a new gold ingot but just holding it doesn't seem to make any changes
Some quest require reputation to open (i know for instance that to unlock mekanism quest you need at least 70 with machinist and to hold a osmium bar in your hand (in that order) plus having completed whatever prerequisites before it if there was any....
My current reputation is Arcanist: 75, Mechanist: 70, Genetics: 27.
I am pretty sure for thaumcraft you need to make a greatwood sapling to open the rest of the quests (thaumcraft table require greatwood to craft).
I'm working on this one. I've spent the last 3 or 4 hours making charcoal for my back-up power set-up (distributor throwing coal at six endoflames using a hovering hourglass for timing) so I can open the elven portal to get the dragon stones to make the attuned stones to make the treefyd seed.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
There are quite a few different ways to do this, but you might want to look at just using an emerald extraction pipe in round robin mode. It has 9 slots, put an item in each slot and then put a gate/engine on it. It will extract each item in turn and stop it's sequence if it runs out of items. For instance, if you run out of milk buckets, it will wait until more milk buckets are available before extracting them and it won't continue to extract the other items out of sequence even if they are available (like sugar, eggs or wheat).

Although, if you have golems you can accomplish the same thing using a golem with a FILL core and attaching it to that golem worktable you have. You might need a logic upgrade in it, but it can keep a certain number of items stocked in the workbench and draw them from your chest as well.
*facepalms* I didn't realize you could add items multiple times to the emerald pipe's list thing. DX I didn't need to waste all that time making gates at all...

Have you held a blaze rod yet? I believe it requires one of those as well (although you probably have since you're up to blasting furnace...)

For earlier game quests i've always done a rundown of the hold items to trigger quests that's in the "UPGRADING FROM 0.7.x TO 0.8.x" section of the first post. Usually it clears things up.

Last edited:

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Turns out that Storage Drawers are a valid inventory for Auto Assemblers, so I'm able to use a Storage Drawer Controller to pipe all of the essences into, and then have an Auto Assembler auto craft the finished product, and then pull it out with BC Pipes.

I still need to fine tune some of it, but it makes for a pretty good build.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
For earlier game quests i've always done a rundown of the hold items to trigger quests that's in the "UPGRADING FROM 0.7.x TO 0.8.x" section of the first post. Usually it clears things up.
I did this. I tried everything I could find in the forums before I posted the first time. People get understandably upset when you ask questions before you RTFM.

Hikaru-Takemori

Jul 29, 2019
I did this. I tried everything I could find in the forums before I posted the first time. People get understandably upset when you ask questions before you RTFM.

If nothing else helps you could try to turn hqm into edit mode. The config for it should be located here:
~\Regrowth\minecraft\config\hqm\editmode.cfg

Because you literally now have the power to edit quests you also see exactly which conditions a quest has and, I believe, if they are currently met.

It is probable that hidden quests will be spoiled.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
It is probable that hidden quests will be spoiled.
Which is why I won't take that route. I already had to reset my hqm once fairly early on because of a glitch that erased my reputation while still leaving the quests completed. This how I know about some of the quests that are no longer appearing for me. And this is in all probability why I seem to be having difficulties now. I can only hope some of these quests do not effect too many of the others. I am in too deep and refuse to start over again if something else goes horribly horribly wrong.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
sorry that you're upset.
You hadn't specified that you had held blaze rods, you sounded like you where they type who did a lot of automation (so items didn't necessary get made in your inventory), and I knew for a fact that you need blaze rods to create the brewing stands that are required to create the alchemy catalyst.

The other bee quests open up when you create the carpenter, because you need to use the carpenter to create the apiary. however The "Breaking out in Hives" quest, which is needed to go much further does require the alchemy catalyst. which is probably why you're having problems progressing in that region as well.

I would recommend just quickly using the cheat book using "/hqm edit" If you really can't find a solution, It creates a special version of the quest book where you can auto complete quests. The pack is still beta, So things don't always go alright. I had to use the cheat book to complete the "another side of the story" quest with the elves portal since it wouldn't detect that I got an elven version of the book. If you don't go looking for hidden quests then you probably won't see any hidden quests with the cheat book you don't even need to look at specifics for quests to "complete" them... once you're done you can just destroy the cheat book and return to having fun.

Slight Spoilers (link since I'm too lazy to figure out how to create spoilers on this forum XD)
http://i.imgur.com/Q5MlhgS.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MadTinkerer

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
When I started this pack again, I had a reasonable idea of the requirements through most of it. As a result, when I crafted the basic infusion stone, I didn't collect any of the two rewards. The reason for this is that one of the options is the skeleton seeds.

I remember when I went through the Spirit World the first time, that the lack of night and subsequently the lack of skeletons to get bones was a problem. So by avoiding collecting the reward, I can collect it in the Spirit World and then get Skeleton Essence to produce Bones.

While it potentially slowed down my initial growing in the overworld, I never found it a problem, I had other stuff to do so I was rarely sitting around waiting for anything to grow.

Reactions: Draconicrose